Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-17-2007, 02:33 PM   #1
sliEighty
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
sliEighty is making a name for him/her selfsliEighty is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sliEighty
sr wont run

today when i went to school apparently i left my car on and when i came out it wasnt running, so i figured it ran out of gas, coolant gone from overflow and radiator, and now it cranks but doesnt run...blown head gasket?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
koukimonster139
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
koukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to koukimonster139
are you fucking kidding me?

i guess the 5.0 driver from your sig pwns you
Old 04-17-2007, 02:43 PM   #3
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
New motor time.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:45 PM   #4
sliEighty
Zilvia Junkie

sliEighty is making a name for him/her selfsliEighty is making a name for him/her self
new head and headgasket, or a whole new rebuild?
Old 04-17-2007, 02:51 PM   #5
statik
Zilvia FREAK!

statik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to statik Send a message via MSN to statik
uhhhh is your turbo timer broken or did you physically leave the keys in the car and running? If all of your coolant is gone I would love to see what your head/block look like, im picturing some sort of welding action going on, at the very least some nice warpage
Old 04-17-2007, 02:51 PM   #6
sliEighty
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by koukimonster139
are you fucking kidding me?

i guess the 5.0 driver from your sig pwns you
yeah well that time i had the keys in my hand this time they were still in the ignition
Old 04-17-2007, 03:43 PM   #7
Bud Brown
Premium Member

Bud Brown is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Bud Brown
lmfao.

fknmsglngth.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:57 PM   #8
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

opponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond repute
I guess you have no e fan or clutch fan and your car just overheated and ate all the coolant? Or do you burn coolant?
Old 04-17-2007, 04:37 PM   #9
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
I just have to ask... ALL your coolant was gone? As in your rad and overflow tank were completely empty? I'm gonna go with everyone else here and say you're HG, head and block are totally and completely fucked.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:42 PM   #10
sliEighty
Zilvia Junkie

coolant boiled over... still cranks so you think i cant salvage the block.. oil isnt milky thers just no coolant in the rad or overflow. motor still cranks. should i just drop a KA in a rebuild the sr or can i just put on a new head and head gasket?
Old 04-17-2007, 08:13 PM   #11
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Anytime you have a massive loss of coolant like that you need to have the long block torn down and checked for tolerances. You will be extremely lucky if you haven't warped the head or block. You won't know till you take it to a machine shop to be checked out. Going to be a light rebuild with hopefully just a decking.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:50 PM   #12
HellonFire
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
HellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HellonFire
Just check compression. That will tell you if you blew the HG or not. Like everyone else said, chances are you did.

I would just get the head decked and metal HG. I doubt the block is warped, but never know. I have had tons of blown HG's, and never had to deck the block.

Tyler
HellonFire is offline   Reply With Quote