Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
alpha180sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
alpha180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
mayweather ducks again

Mayweather’s New Scheme To Duck Pacquiao | BoxingInsider.com

With heavy pressure mounting on the shoulders of Money Mayweather to get in the ring with Manny Pacquiao in 2010, the biggest duck in the history of the sport has concocted a deception to avoid the brutal knockout loss. Money Mayweather said in a new video interview this week that he’s going to “take a couple years off from boxing” rather than box Pacquiao for an expected $30-40 million dollar payday (which could double to 60-80 when you count in the rematch clause).
Rather than take care of his “hit list” of opponents which he wanted his team “to line ‘em up” for million dollar paydays this year – the pathological liar Mayweather has done yet another about face and decided it’s a much smarter business decision to avoid the brutal knockout loss he obviously knows he will suffer at the fists of Manny Pacquiao. “Our main focus right now is the Floyd Mayweather Foundation. I’m taking a couple years off. Devoting my time to my boxing gym and doing things that are very, very positive.”
Mayweather, of course, mentioned nothing about his previous plans to clean up the sport of boxing or any kind of timetable for a Pacquaio fight.
Readers of BoxingInsider.com should not be surprised at this latest act of cowardice of Mayweather as it fulfills the prophetic words of George Peterson who informed us last November that the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight “isn’t gonna happen. Some fights aren’t mean to be made.”
The big questions are how will HBO and the egos of it’s decision makers react to being used and hustled by this mini hustler? What position will HBO take against their invested family member who will cost the company probably in excess of a $100,000,000 payoff? Will HBO continue to support and promote this fraud of all frauds when he decides it’s safe to box again, likely next year, a few weeks or months after Pacquiao eventually retires in frustration?
What lessons will be learned by the powers that be at HBO – for they have created this Frankenstein monster – the absolute worst case scenario of a protected, spoiled and manufactured boxer who for too many years was given everything he wanted – until it now has backfired into a catastrophic (approximate) $100,000,000 embarrassment on the entire sport.
How many years will the sport have to wait to build up another huge money fight of the magnitude of Pacquiao vs. Mayweather which obviously will never happen? Five years? Ten years? Twenty years? Is it possible that boxing will never be able to stage an event as big as Pacquiao vs. Mayweather – and this act of cowardice by Mayweather is a disastrous turning point in the history of the sport as we know it?
Will HBO take any action against Al Haymon for being partly responsible for this Mayweather disaster?
Will HBO allow Larry Merchant to tell it like it is, or will HBO continue to spoil the coddled, protected, manufactured fraud it created?
Is this one of the absolutely lowest moments and most damaging failures in the history of the sport of boxing?
Should sports fans still have confidence in the powers that be of boxing to make the best fights happen after seeing Mayweather and Haye shamefully duck Pacquiao and Klitschko in 2010?
Has the time come for boxing to begin to phase out of the public consciousness, just like harness racing, pro wrestling, pro bodybuilding have declined to the point of irrelevance?

i love how mayweather use his defense but this shit is too much.
alpha180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
MrBrightSide
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
MrBrightSide will become famous soon enoughMrBrightSide will become famous soon enoughMrBrightSide will become famous soon enoughMrBrightSide will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
another reason why boxing is a dying sport
MrBrightSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:42 AM   #3
satal95
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (24)
satal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Wow for a while I was all for mayweather but now with all this bullshit he just showing that he is a little bitch
Old 06-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
alpha180sx
Leaky Injector

yea. tell me about it its really dissappointing
Old 06-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #5
lawrenceyang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lawrenceyang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
what a bitch
lawrenceyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:44 PM   #6
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrightSide View Post
another reason why boxing is a dying sport
Preeeecisely. You beat me to it. There probably won't EVER be another opportunity for an event of this caliber because all new up and coming fighters are going MMA...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #7
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I couldn't give a shit other than the fact that each new development results in yet another stupid thread in OT.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #8
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
Trader Rating: (19)
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Just prohibit sports threads in OT then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s141996 View Post
is this exhaust california friendly? thnx lmk
cc4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #9
kushlivin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
kushlivin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
The pac man is done fighting too , he's a congressman of his town in the Phillippines, and there is already talks that he'd rather persue politics anyway.

Girls think stock KA's are fast.
kushlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #10
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Pacquiao is not done with boxing.
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #11
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc4usmc View Post
Just prohibit sports threads in OT then.
It's not a matter of prohibition but rather that of consolidation.

Is every little development in this particular athlete drama truly relevant to the entirety of Zilvia? I'd be fine with a 'Mayweather V Pacman' thread where all of this can continually be updated, or another such thread like 'Tour De France' where shit like mechanical doping stuff can be discussed. I'm not singling out this stuff in general - I'd do it with any other topic as well.

Furthermore, there's no need to cop an attitude. I was venting and giving a clue as to my wishes. I'd MUCH prefer to NOT have to be a moderator/administrator in this matter.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:07 PM   #12
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Wasn't there a Mayweather/Pacquiao thread anyways?

EDIT: I found this thread

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/2...ht-pacman.html

Maybe the title should be changed to something else?
Old 06-06-2010, 05:29 PM   #13
boobs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
boobs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
wow I knew it

FOR SALE: DOHC maf, KA down pipe and SR A/C pump like new pm me for price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
cars are like beer, they all do the same thing, and we each prefer our own flavor...
boobs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #14
Mikey213
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
Mikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really nice
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
I told you guys. Like I said, I bet you guys 50$ he's probably gonna fight Margarito next
Mikey213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:20 PM   #15
fcdrifter20
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
fcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushlivin View Post
The pac man is done fighting too , he's a congressman of his town in the Phillippines, and there is already talks that he'd rather persue politics anyway.
well when he has no one to fight, he mite as well
fcdrifter20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #16
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Like i said, Mayweather has been a bitch since this whole thing started. Shit hasn't changed. I'm over it.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #17
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Mayweather, what a contradiction
such a talented athlete and just as big a punk
not as big boxing fan as used to be but man, I just want to see his ass beat
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #18
Xplat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Xplat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Where's Omikron?
Xplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #19
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplat View Post
Where's Omikron?
Sucking Mayweather off. Fuck him.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:47 PM   #20
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
lol hahaha i was waiting for the mayweather thugs to chime in.

well where is your mayweather now? he acts like a damn chihuahua,

bark then run.

sucks that this fight is not gonna happen. i would pay for the match to see his ass get brutally knocked out.
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #21
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
i dont see strider too.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:59 PM   #22
mrflip69
Zilvia Addict

mrflip69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkademikONE View Post
Sucking Mayweather off. Fuck him.
Yeah he's usually the first to post in a Pacquiao thread. LOL!
mrflip69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:00 PM   #23
chucky norris
Nissanaholic!

chucky norris is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to chucky norris
if mayweather was a true boxer he would fight pacman but i guess not
lil bioch lol
Old 06-06-2010, 10:19 PM   #24
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
I couldn't give a shit other than the fact that each new development results in yet another stupid thread in OT.
I love how the article is obviously written by a pac man follower.

"HE FEARS THE BIG BAD MANNY CHUPACABRA PACQUIAO KNOCKOUT FISTS OF DOUBLE PUNCH LIGHTNING"

rubbish, and Mayweather is known for taking long periods of time off between his fights. He's helping kids go through school and stay off drugs, he's feeding the homeless, what the fuck are all of you doing with your money fame and fortune???
Old 06-06-2010, 10:26 PM   #25
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Haha...Pacquaio aint doing shit other than building schools down south and housing projects for the poor...

Who gives a fuck, stop acting like a fucking Prima Donna and fight the damn man already. I think Mayweather owes Pacman that much for calling him out and slandering his name without proof.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:28 PM   #26
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

actually pacman doesnt fight for money. he gets paid because he gets the job done without ducking an opponent.

he does the same thing as what mayweather does except running away from a fight.

pacman has been sending foods for the poor in pi. the real reason he run for politics in philippines is to help the whole town.

i dont think the op intentionally put the title like. what else he would named it?
Old 06-07-2010, 12:49 AM   #27
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
It's not a matter of prohibition but rather that of consolidation.

Is every little development in this particular athlete drama truly relevant to the entirety of Zilvia? I'd be fine with a 'Mayweather V Pacman' thread where all of this can continually be updated, or another such thread like 'Tour De France' where shit like mechanical doping stuff can be discussed. I'm not singling out this stuff in general - I'd do it with any other topic as well.

Furthermore, there's no need to cop an attitude. I was venting and giving a clue as to my wishes. I'd MUCH prefer to NOT have to be a moderator/administrator in this matter.
Maybe there should just be an 'Official Boxing Thread' for the sake of consolidation, as you say.
There's really no need for the endless boxing threads popping up all the time,
esp considering half of them are Mayweather/Pacquaio soap drama rants.
(i can appreciate boxing as a sport, but this shits terribly annoying imo)
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:21 AM   #28
Mikey213
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
Mikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really nice
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
I'm not a Mayweather fan but he's not THAT much of the exaggerated bitch that guys lay him down to be. The whole boxing organization has had bad history back in the day with some boxers and he's some what siding with those some. He's not a bitch about that but he's still a bitch as a REAL BOXER.
Mikey213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:57 AM   #29
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
Mayweather, what a contradiction
such a talented athlete and just as big a punk
not as big boxing fan as used to be but man, I just want to see his ass beat
This is PERFECT! This was exactly what I was going to post up. The man is in the best shape of his life, his boxing style has allowed him not to be punished physically from other boxers...yet he keeps making up excuses?!?

Common already, this would be the biggest PPV EVER!!!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #30
alpha180sx
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I love how the article is obviously written by a pac man follower.

"HE FEARS THE BIG BAD MANNY CHUPACABRA PACQUIAO KNOCKOUT FISTS OF DOUBLE PUNCH LIGHTNING"

rubbish, and Mayweather is known for taking long periods of time off between his fights. He's helping kids go through school and stay off drugs, he's feeding the homeless, what the fuck are all of you doing with your money fame and fortune???

whatever you say bro. you keep sucking mayweathers cock and yet he turns his back away from his loyal fans. and now you be coming up with MAYWEATHER IS KNOWN TAKING FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME OFF, thats another fucking lame excuse. when he was off he could have done taking care of the gym he talks about yet he was dancing on the floor for dancing with the stars.

i just love how you question manny's hard earn wealth and fame.

bottom line is he just dont want to fight pac at all. simple as dat or maybe he will fight pacquaio after he turns 35 LOL

cool story bro.

GTFO