Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-15-2004, 06:02 PM   #1
MakotoS13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
to paint or replace? opinions welcome

hey gang, i just gutted my car today. here's a few things i've learned:

1- yes, termites CAN invade your car (threat neutralized)
2- it's easy as hell to take apart this a 240's interior. none of them bunk hex bit requiring bolts.
3- it came with a new looking set of pioneer speakers in the rear

now, the headliner is due to get dyed black and the carpet will be replaced with good and black stuff. the rest is in good shape BUT i want it BLACK. i'm thinking it's possible to paint the plastic pieces but i'm not sure if painting is a good idea.

what do you guys think?
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2004, 06:26 PM   #2
Salty_X
Zilvia FREAK!

Salty_X is an unknown quantity at this point
Whoa, termites? That's crazy.

I just finished up my center console piece (the part with the cig lighter and the compartment and all that crap), I deleted the cigarette lighter and repainted it with dupli-color trim paint, which came out pretty nice. It's really close to the stock color, semi-gloss, but not obnoxiously shiny. It matches the other trim very well.

I'm still working on the trim piece that surrounds the heater and radio, but I'm ready to give up on it. Because of its shape it's been hard for me to paint it without getting runs in it, it may just be my lack of experience though. Plus over time mine has gotten a lot of small cracks that I'm having a hard time getting rid of, even with filler primer. I'm thinking of just tossing it in the garbage and making something out of carbon fiber sheet...
Old 05-15-2004, 08:30 PM   #3
WilloW
Zilvia FREAK!

WilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to WilloW Send a message via Yahoo to WilloW
I've never heard of termite infesting a car before. As for your question, I say paint it I've seen it done before and they all turn out good, make sure you get the correct paint otherwise they will chip/flake off.
Old 05-15-2004, 08:35 PM   #4
240Driver39
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
240Driver39 is making a name for him/her self240Driver39 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240Driver39
yeah...well, when i was modding the brackets for s14 seats..i came up a mouse den under one of the panels...seems someone left the window open a long time ago in its lifetime...as the den seemed very old..
Old 05-15-2004, 08:42 PM   #5
WilloW
Zilvia FREAK!

WilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to WilloW Send a message via Yahoo to WilloW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Driver39
yeah...well, when i was modding the brackets for s14 seats..i came up a mouse den under one of the panels...seems someone left the window open a long time ago in its lifetime...as the den seemed very old..
Man, you guys got the weirdest shit happening in your cars.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:39 PM   #6
SilviaNinja240
Zilvia FREAK!

SilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangelprez
1- yes, termites CAN invade your car (threat neutralized)
haha, mecha-termites
Old 05-15-2004, 10:11 PM   #7
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
the bugs weren't THAT bad but when i lifted the matt under the rear seat cushion... yeah... enough to warrant the excessive use of pesticide.

thanx for the comments, i think i'm gonna use black trim paint on all the plastic pieces. now all i have left to decide on is:

-is it safe to paint the headliner or should i find some kind of dye for it?
-should i have the doorpanels reupolstered or do it myself (if it isn't too hard)?

i just finished washing ALL the plastic pieces in the car and they're squeeky clean
Old 05-15-2004, 10:33 PM   #8
Turbozx
Leaky Injector

Turbozx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangelprez
now, the headliner is due to get dyed black and the carpet will be replaced with good and black stuff. the rest is in good shape BUT i want it BLACK. i'm thinking it's possible to paint the plastic pieces but i'm not sure if painting is a good idea.

what do you guys think?
I painted all the interior plastic pieces. Go to an automotive store that carries paints and buy the special flexible interior paint. The stuff has held up quite well for almost a year now.

Supposedly with this flexible paint, you can paint carpets and such. I just sent my headliner to an upholstery shop to get it relined black.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:34 PM   #9
mtbr64
Leaky Injector

mtbr64 is an unknown quantity at this point
i tried doing the door panels and it turened out to be a nightmare.
i wish i woulda just paid for em to be done.
the problem is when u go around corners, especially recessed corners u get overlap and thats a bitch.
mtbr64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 10:40 AM   #10
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Termites...da hell you left some freakin LOGS in the backseat?!?! Never heard of termites goin tru metal. =p

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 01:35 PM   #11
MakotoS13
BANNED

nope, no logs. have my doors, headliner, and upper trim pieces done up in sexy black. i REALLY wanna get the dash done but it's raining and... yeah... suck.
Old 05-16-2004, 03:06 PM   #12
WhiteNissanS13
Zilvia Addict

WhiteNissanS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to WhiteNissanS13 Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteNissanS13
there were a bunch of rats living in my vans engine bay, 3 years later we start the engine and i think they all died.