Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:25 AM   #1
FIlthy 24O
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
FIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ka24det greddy kit question

im thinking of going ka-t and ran into a deal greddy turbo kit for 1500 BUT with out the turbo i would just have to get a t3 flange turbo and whatever else i wanna run..but all i wanna know is do u think thats worth it....i feel the turbo makes a huge difference but i would get all that other stuff and know its legit good stuff.just very torn between th idea...thanks for looking inut very welcome

GARAGE BOSO...........ROOTS AND CULTURE
FIlthy 24O is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2008, 11:48 AM   #2
Addicted2Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Addicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
heres what you gotta do.
figure the price of a used 20g.
subtract that from the price of a used greddy kit.
see if it still turns out around the same price.

done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreansurfer View Post
zenki's are for poors and lames

with the exception of norm who is big ballin
FS:CUSCO,GREDDY,KA-Tparts
Addicted2Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:27 PM   #3
FIlthy 24O
Zilvia Junkie

FIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud of
theres used one for like 450 and a new one is like 1800 but what other t3 turbo would be best with this kit??? any suggestions???

Old 10-27-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
louisdaboois
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
louisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
id just get a cheap, small T3 from a saab or thunderbird, cause im sure the greddy kits only come with an emanage, 370cc injectors and some pipes. i'd go for a real tune, then think about going for a bigger/better turbo.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:59 PM   #5
FIlthy 24O
Zilvia Junkie

yeah emangae top feed rail 370's fpr and some other little shit...yeah im only goin for like 230 right now so that should be good..but the more i think about it i think it aint worth it....again im torn

Old 10-27-2008, 02:00 PM   #6
norcal_black240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
norcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to norcal_black240 Send a message via MSN to norcal_black240
I had the greddy kit and it sucked. The greddy 20g turbo's wastegate is just crapola. The e-manage tune runs super rich ( my wideband just read rich under WOT) the fuel injectors are really small.

Just piece together your own kit. You will make more power for a lot less money. I spent a lot of money upgrading my setup. I got a external wastegate, etd manifold, 550cc injectors, Z32 maf, and a JWT ecu. The only thing I like from the greddy kit is the fmic. The turbo itself is not even that good. Id much rather have a Gt30 than a 20g turbo.

Solution for Greddy KA turbo kit with boost creep - FreshAlloy.com Forums - this link pretty much says why the greddy kit sucks.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:40 PM   #7
FIlthy 24O
Zilvia Junkie

thank you thats all i needed to know

Old 12-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #8
Dream240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Dream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I'm reviving this one with an inquiry...

Regarding the link to the FA post above, does anyone know if Greddy has since corrected the boost creep issues with the wastegate?
I'm just curious because I've been thinking about getting this kit, just want to know if it's more trouble than it's worth.

I'm guessing that it is.