Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
sr240_97
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
sr240_97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
SR HKS evc-s Installation help

Car: 97 240sx SR20DET
Need installed: HKS EVC-S

Hello everyone, I am a noob……. I got this hks evc and I’m trying to install it; half the work is already done but still the other half is yet to be completed. Not sure what goes into what and how to get power to the unit. Ill show the pics of what I got, tell me what you think.
BTW I’ve looked everywhere for the manuals and for instructions on how to install it on a 240 but no luck the closer I got was an installation on a RX7 but did not understand much.
Please help……
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5321.JPG (149.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5322.JPG (87.4 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5323.JPG (77.3 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5324.JPG (71.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5325.JPG (62.8 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5326.JPG (80.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5327.JPG (73.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5328.JPG (77.8 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5331.JPG (122.6 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by sr240_97; 12-03-2012 at 06:25 PM..
sr240_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
can you be a little more specific... what part are you having trouble installing? power you can probably wire it to ignition on or something like that,...
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
sr240_97
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
can you be a little more specific... what part are you having trouble installing? power you can probably wire it to ignition on or something like that,...
My apology on not being specific enough, its hard to explain what needs to be down or how i need it done when I dont understand enough to explain. Posted some Pics maybe they would help clarify what im having trouble explaining....
Old 12-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
It's easy to install. I had one on my redtop. If you were closer I'd offer to help install.
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
sr240_97
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by blksylv View Post
It's easy to install. I had one on my redtop. If you were closer I'd offer to help install.
Please share your knowledge.....
Old 12-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #6
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Boost sensor needs to be tee'd off of the fpr vacuum hose so you might wanna move it from beside the ps reservoir so the line can be as short as possible. The line to the wg actuator is gonna go to one of the nipples on the solenoid and then you're gonna connect a vac line from the solenoid to the actuator. I can't look at the manual because I'm on my phone but you shouls be able to dl it from the hks site if one didn't come with yours.
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #7
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
HKS EVC-S Install (Pictures and Basic Walk Through) - RX7Club.com

that might help you. Looks pretty simple to me. everything plugs into the hks control box and the box needs switched power and ground.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #8
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
pressure sensor is in pic 2 and 3.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #9
sr240_97
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by blksylv View Post
Boost sensor needs to be tee'd off of the fpr vacuum hose so you might wanna move it from beside the ps reservoir so the line can be as short as possible. The line to the wg actuator is gonna go to one of the nipples on the solenoid and then you're gonna connect a vac line from the solenoid to the actuator. I can't look at the manual because I'm on my phone but you shouls be able to dl it from the hks site if one didn't come with yours.
Bump..lol y'all make it sound so easy. Ima work on it this weekend and use the info I get from here to help me out. Thanks.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #10
sr240_97
Leaky Injector

No manual @ the HKS site..
Old 12-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #11
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

HKS EVC-S

there you are, thats about all thats in my manual and your setup will be the actuator style