Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
miggsfiggs
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
miggsfiggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
KA My Lightning McQueen

Don't know if this has came up before;but I can't help but feel that the famous kids movie "Cars" is based on a car from Nissan the S chassis.The character model looks to be that of a Silvia design;In the first movie Lightning McQueen learns to drift, and in the second movie he goes to Japan and makes things more interesting.I have seen the first movie and only seen previews for the second one,but I know that the cars emblem is a lightning bolt which looks very similar to the Silvia logo.I really would like a paint job just like it and I know it will be expensive to get it just right.What do you fellow zilvians think?Am I in love with my s14 so much that I start to see them in big budget kids movies?Now last but not least,my car is a 95 240sx,and the cars' number in the movie is also a 95,everything seems to add up,lots of people won't agree with me;of course they would like to think that the movies main character is american muscle,but I am pretty sure,that in the end it is a Silvia that fits this character the most.
P.s I would have loaded some pictures of my car and Lightning McQueens,but I don't know how the hell to do this.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
doke! ドリフト
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
doke! ドリフト is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
YouTube - Do it! Do it! Do it!
Old 05-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
I think you're probably crazy.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:53 PM   #4
chuki.s13.coupe.
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
chuki.s13.coupe. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Lightning mcqueen is based off a corvette and dodge viper.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #5
miggsfiggs
Zilvia Member

Is that a fact?Drifting came from Japan;in fact the whole movie is about learning to drift and then he takes out all the fools from Daytona and in the second one he goes to Japan and I am sure he continues to drift here and there.I need to watch the second film.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
$bossdrifta4eva$

bro you cereal?!

i mean dont get me wrong its a great movie and all but i stopped watching that yeaars ago when i graduated elementary school

Old 05-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #7
ARBEE25.s14
BANNED

ARBEE25.s14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by miggsfiggs View Post
Is that a fact?Drifting came from Japan;in fact the whole movie is about learning to drift and then he takes out all the fools from Daytona and in the second one he goes to Japan and I am sure he continues to drift here and there.I need to watch the second film.

Dooooooo it!
Hahaha thats funny, i never thought of lightning mcqueen that way loL! Seems to add up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $bossdrifta4eva$ View Post
bro you cereal?!

i mean dont get me wrong its a great movie and all but i stopped watching that yeaars ago when i graduated elementary school
BAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Says the 16yr old still in grade school.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #8
$bossdrifta4eva$

oh ya laugh it up laught it up thats real nice...

Old 05-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #9
miggsfiggs
Zilvia Member

Don't call me "Bro".I am interested in a paint job so I am researching.I think would make an instant classic.Specially if it says rusteez on it and I am drifting the fuck out of it.There is nothing childish about a good movie you go and watch with your kid.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:09 PM   #10
miggsfiggs
Zilvia Member

Hahahaha!!!I just realize you are 16.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #11
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Don't call me "Bro".I am interested in a paint job so I am researching.I think would make an instant classic.Specially if it says rusteez on it and I am drifting the fuck out of it.There is nothing childish about a good movie you go and watch with your kid.
bro what is there to research. it's a character from a kids movie, paint your car red and get a plate that says rusteez or something. and how the hell does it look anything like a nissan.
this def one of the stupidest threads i've ever taken part in. what is it today? between this gem and the dude inquiring about the infiniti s14...
Old 05-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #12
nikkisixx69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
nikkisixx69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
stop watching kids movies
Old 05-12-2011, 02:20 PM   #13
WhipsGoneWild.net
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
WhipsGoneWild.net is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
hahah i got a 3 yr old son and my s13 is red so he calls it mcqueen race car! my woman thinks i should (finally) use my vinyl cutter and do it up! lol but it may be awkward drivin around town ppl may thing im a pedafile trying to lure in little boys
Old 05-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #14
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
You mean this guy?

I'm not sure I agree with you that it's silvia based, it seems pretty much American/NASCAR style. If you really want to do it, a vinyl wrap is probably best way to do it. Just talk to a vinyl shop, they can put together a design for you. If you do it, you should get a windshield reflector/cover thing and put some eyeballs on it.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #15
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
wow is zilvia really having a discussion about lightning mcQueen?

smh

s14 kouki ka-t
Old 05-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #16
miggsfiggs
Zilvia Member

Hahaha!!Too funny.Like the thread states some ppl just won't agree.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #17
miggsfiggs
Zilvia Member

I am just saying,the resemblance it's as close as Barac Obama and Osama Bin Laden.lol.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #18
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with sidewaysil80, this is one of the dumbest/wierdest threads I have ever seen on zilvia. Are you on something man? What makes you think it would be even remotely cool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:51 PM   #19
miggsfiggs
Zilvia Member

I am not trying to seem cool.You can all be cool; if you are not interested in the thread, you can tell me how the hell I load pictures up in here.I am new at this.There's an icon that reads Insert image it brings up url http:Where do I go from there.
@CDLong thanks for the info might just look into that,being that I really want to focus on performance for my 240,this would be a budget approach to the looks of the car.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:59 PM   #20
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I am not trying to seem cool.You can all be cool; if you are not interested in the thread, you can tell me how the hell I load pictures up in here.I am new at this.There's an icon that reads Insert image it brings up url http:Where do I go from there.
@CDLong thanks for the info might just look into that,being that I really want to focus on performance for my 240,this would be a budget approach to the looks of the car.
Upload your pics to photobucket or a similar site, you can then get the url for it once it is uploaded, input that url into the image box, or you can do it as an attachment at the bottom whenever you post a regular reply and get it directly from your comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #21
joshchewuhh
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (56)
joshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joshchewuhh
WTF!
Old 05-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #22
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
this would be a budget approach to the looks of the car.
A full vinyl wrap is far from cheap. I've never priced it, but $1500+ sounds about right. But compared to a full custom paint job, it would be. And you can remove it easily when you get sick of people making fun of you.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #23
KOME
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
KOME is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I think you're in love with the Odyvia

http://image.superstreetonline.com/f...ont_fender.jpg
Old 05-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #24
miggsfiggs
Zilvia Member

Thanks,I of course can't sell or trade anything here without knowing that.As for the thread, it is just for fun,beats facebook.I have a Z31 and would like to think this is a japanese version of a vette.S14 a japanese version of a mustang,and because the s14 inline four threatened the mustang,they had to make emmision laws,therefor we did not get the sr20det.The Z31 won trans am series in 86 and they outlawed twin turbo in future competition.I know I wiki'd that shit.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #25
xptnike
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (11)
xptnike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
rofl man....this thread is hilarious...

but on a serious note, hey...do what you want to your car, everyone has their opinions...would be very unique to have a lightning mcqueen s14...lol
Old 05-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #26
jontron5000
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
jontron5000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
[QUOTE=miggsfiggs;4041562]because the s14 inline four threatened the mustang,they had to make emmision laws,therefor we did not get the sr20det.]/QUOTE]

Really? That's why we didn't get the SR20?
Old 05-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #27
miggsfiggs
Zilvia Member

Thanks,that's what's up.I was thinking the same thing.I have two part time jobs and work on the side so hope to see progress in the future.As for the thread,I have met people that think their car is Nightrider just because it is black or feel like Racer X when they drive their car.I know I was Racer X one Halloween,but I had a asian schoolgirl as a date for the party.Man...I'm just shmokin sum shit.;lol
Old 05-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #28
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Thanks,I of course can't sell or trade anything here without knowing that.As for the thread, it is just for fun,beats facebook.I have a Z31 and would like to think this is a japanese version of a vette.S14 a japanese version of a mustang,and because the s14 inline four threatened the mustang,they had to make emmision laws,therefor we did not get the sr20det.The Z31 won trans am series in 86 and they outlawed twin turbo in future competition.I know I wiki'd that shit.
Dude. Dude... You are fucking retarded.

Since you're so into Wikipedia, you probably enjoy Google as well, right? Of course you do. So here's something for you to Google: "How to kill myself". Read up, and please, do the world a favor and apply what you learn.

Now, in the event that you are a troll, which I feel is unlikely as you appear to be legitimately stupid, I say to you... Well played.
But either way, whether you're a troll or just a complete dolt, go away.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #29
v's90piggy

Trader Rating: (4)
v's90piggy will become famous soon enoughv's90piggy will become famous soon enoughv's90piggy will become famous soon enoughv's90piggy will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to v's90piggy Send a message via Yahoo to v's90piggy
Hahahaha. Great stuff .

v's90piggy
Old 05-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #30
miggsfiggs
Zilvia Member

Back right at you!Got go work for a few hours.
Hate!Hate!Haha!
Closed Thread