Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-14-2016, 12:45 PM   #1
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I wrote a blog about selling my car

Not that I'm trying to get "for sale views" but a few of you who've followed the build of this car on this site who can't comprehend how I could get rid of this thing I felt it was only right to put in perspective what it feels like to get rid of Simone.

http://om1kron.blogspot.com/2016/01/...r-isnt-it.html

I also want to thank everyone for all of their help with this car throughout the years, for their criticism, friendship, and rivalry.

It was a good run.

It hasn't sold just yet, but I imagine better to prepare myself now for judgement day than later.

- Wayne
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2016, 03:23 PM   #2
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Wayne, this was a good read and as much as I'd hate to admit it, this feeling has slowly been creeping into my mind as well. I feel your pain. I wish you the best of luck with the car and future endeavors.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:42 PM   #3
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just read the blog and totally get it.
Good luck with what ever you decide to do and just like the car, achieve your goals man.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:58 PM   #4
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
wayne t edwards just wants more hits for his blog.... :-P

good to see you are still alive and well man. sucks to hear you are selling your car. personally, i would just raise it up and drive it more... but i can understand why you are selling.

you get married yet? that'll put a few nails in the 240 coffin! add kids and that shit is a sealed deal!

fucking cars. shit wayne, i was hoping to see you and this car in a future petrolicious video.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 06:10 AM   #5
zrothpi

Trader Rating: (0)
zrothpi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good luck with what ever you decide to do and just like the car, achieve your goals man.
zrothpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 08:42 AM   #6
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I agree with some of the points you made.
Im 24, finishing up my university life and I still live with my parents who have a garage and dont care about my car sitting there. I guess I'm lucky for now.
I do know the feeling of worrying about your car no matter how many security measures you put on it and the fear of being t boned by some dumbass.

It would be very easy for me to give you a bunch of small suggestions on driving, parking your car out of sight etc etc but I won't do that mainly because you are older than me (you probably already know what I will say) and you seem set on selling it.

The only thing I really know is that with people who really feel strongly about something the way you are explaining it are the ones who regret it for the rest of their lives. I don't mean regret in the common way people mean it, I mean repentance and even sometimes guilt.

>insert many stories about old men regretting stuff (cars, girls, ruined relationships with family members etc etc)

I'm not telling you that you WILL feel sorrow or anything like that, I'm just saying I know how you feel as I am very attached to my things, people in my life etc.

I don't know how to deal with it as I've never had to lose a loved one or have personally experienced anything too harsh. Hardest thing for me in life so far was burying one of my turtles who had died from my neglect ( i adopted him from someone in the ghetto who neglected him too). Obviously this car means a lot to you and you seem dead set on moving forward with your life.

I will say that I think a lot of people make the mistake of selling off their things or stopping their hobbies and call it moving forward. Before you take that as an insult ( its not an insult, I may have to deal with this myself), just listen. My mom used to be a teacher and an artist. She loved painting and drawing. She used to spend a lot of time on it. Then somewhere during her relationship with my father, she stopped and gave it up completely.

What I'm getting at (before some dickhead comes in with the tl;dr shit and the one cockmunch who calls anything over 4 sentences a novella) is that you don't need to completely give up what you like to do and the stuff that makes who you are.
Maybe spend less time with the car or maybe less money on it. You dont have to entirely sell the car. Maybe parting with some hot ticket items like wheels and other unnecessary stuff.

>insert reference to camryonbronze's partout

Good luck selling it. If you do sell it, just sell it because YOU are done with that car specifically or done with car modifications and what not. Do not sell it for any other reason. Don't worry about circle jerking and cars and coffee and car culture and shit. Focus on you, what is good for YOUR life and your own business.

You seem like a level headed person and you sound a lot like me in your feelings so I wish you the best.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 08:59 AM   #7
hugo07aguilar

Trader Rating: (0)
hugo07aguilar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
Not that I'm trying to get "for sale views" but a few of you who've followed the build of this car on this site who can't comprehend how I could get rid of this thing I felt it was only right to put in perspective what it feels like to get rid of Simone.

http://om1kron.blogspot.com/2016/01/...r-isnt-it.html

I also want to thank everyone for all of their help with this car throughout the years, for their criticism, friendship, and rivalry.

It was a good run.

It hasn't sold just yet, but I imagine better to prepare myself now for judgement day than later.

- Wayne
Sorry to here about selling ur car I have a similar story but I have a baby on the way I live in Texas and want to sell or need to sell my car do u know where I can post it they don't have the passion for these type of cars where I live was thinking of selling it in California have a 1995 240 sx s15 motor trans put in

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk
hugo07aguilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 09:11 AM   #8
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I am surprised that the car did not sell yet, but selling the day before xmas and right after new year is not ideal. Plus he listed it on zilvia. Kill the for sale thread and put it up on ebay. This forum is full of a bunch of broke asses. I didnt even need to say it, my wife said that last night!

Personally, I'd raise the car, pull the wheels for something more modest and enjoy the mother. No sense in selling a perfectly good car, but it is true.. gotta keep an eye on it.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 09:19 AM   #9
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
^ I cannot stress how fucking annoying it is to have to constantly keep an eye on your shit.

My street has some punk ass teenage kids who are way too interested in the cars parked outside our house and I can't gas up my brothers s14 or my impreza rs coupe without someone coming up to me saying "Hey I have xxx swap chilling in my garage and I've been looking for one of those (whatever car im in) for a long time wanna sell it to me for $700 or an even trade for this fucked up BMW/Audi im driving?"

My blood pressure is literally about to kill me right now and I'm fuming in my computer lab and just wanna get up and scream at everyone in here and tell everyone to leave me the fuck alone I dont wanna sell anything.

I am the overly attached boyfriend, car enthusiast, turtle caretaker etc etc.

NOTHINGS FOR SALE!!

/SUPERSAIYAN 3
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 09:24 AM   #10
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I second what the 'kid' said. How many times have you heard from older guys 'I had a '67 camaro' and then their faces go blank because they know what they 'gave up'.

I'm not saying a 240SX is a classic car, but it means something to you and that is the only thing that counts.

All I'm saying is that make sure that you don't look back at this decision with regret later on.

This is coming from a guy who is indeed older and own, according to friends, too many cars. So I get the 'you never drive the car' speech all the time, but I don't care because each car means something to ME.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:40 AM   #11
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
>insert reference to camryonbronze's partout
I couldn't help but think of my situation when reading this post and Wayne's blog post, haha. You had a lot of valid points.

Wayne, I totally get where you're coming from. This hobby essentially revolves around making stupid, inconvenient, and irresponsible decisions. Even if you've got the financial means to do it, it's going to be inconvenient and doesn't make a whole lot of sense. This is definitely something I've struggled with over the years (clearly) and still do to this day, especially now that I have a family I am responsible for.

I wish I had some sort of meaningful incite or advice to offer, but it sounds like you've got your mind made up. It probably will be one of those things that you never really stop thinking about as you grow older, but that's life.

Beautiful car man, best of luck with whatever happens!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 09:48 AM   #12
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Own things, don't let things own you.
That being said I have never met someone who said "I wish I sold this car a long time ago."
It's always "I used to have _______. I wish I never sold it."

But I get the idea of being light on your feet. Stick to your price and if it doesn't sell it wasn't meant to go.

Bless Up.

OB
Old 01-15-2016, 12:55 PM   #13
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
I agree with some of the points you made.
Im 24, finishing up my university life and I still live with my parents who have a garage and dont care about my car sitting there. I guess I'm lucky for now.
I used to live with my parents, I used to own a 99 civic Si, that car was stolen right out of their driveway, and the second time... right out of their driveway the two times it wasn't blocked by another car... The fuel cutoff helped them make it up the street the second time before it died and they tore the dash apart trying to diagnose it at whatever time they tried to steal it lol.

The 240, I am not too worried about variables like it being towed

And it has a millennial theft device installed in it. "a manual transmission"

Other than that, I normally will just pop the hood and disable vital things to make the car run and lock it up. Along with a few other measures since nobody knows anything about these cars and thinks a screwdriver is all you need to steal em.

Quote:
The only thing I really know is that with people who really feel strongly about something the way you are explaining it are the ones who regret it for the rest of their lives. I don't mean regret in the common way people mean it, I mean repentance and even sometimes guilt.
A lot of car guys say that, this isn't a 69 camaro, or a corvette, or an impala a true classic. It's just a mexican family sports coupe in los angeles.

I have a buddy right, guy's first integra built the thing up, one of the most popular integra's in america and around the world. He sells it, regrets every day that he sells it. His dad even tells him you should've never sold it, so he is in a better place later in life and buys the car back luckily in it's original form when he sold it.

Dumps about 30k into the car and tells his dad he's going to restore it, his dad is excited for him and wants to see it done.

His dad suddenly dies.

He finishes the car, and is super pumped about it, everyone is pumped about it.

He just sold that car for 10 grand to get rid of it. Just cause it was sitting and costing him money to have it, he rents a building just to store it.

He could care less about said car and is really enjoying his Porsche's

I have so many more hobbies, and wrenching on cars just is not one of the things I particularly care to do anymore. I own a brand new car with all the creature comforts in the world, and I don't die inside when it's time to register it every 2 years or a cop follows me for a long duration of time or when it rains in so cal and I have to watch out for every other person behind the wheel.

Not that I really need to justify myself to anyone here.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:14 PM   #14
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
I am surprised that the car did not sell yet, but selling the day before xmas and right after new year is not ideal.
best time of the year, chinese new year is around the corner, taxes coming soon, people going to be saving their pennies ready to impulse buy.

Quote:
Plus he listed it on zilvia. Kill the for sale thread and put it up on ebay.
Ebay will take a percentage of the sale, I am not okay with that.

Quote:
This forum is full of a bunch of broke asses. I didnt even need to say it, my wife said that last night!
True, but every asshole selling a piece of shit for 14k on craigslist is flagging my post.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:28 PM   #15
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

You don't need to justify yourself on here. We're just looking out for you and making sure that you don't do something now that you'll regret later.

But it seems as if you're 100% sure.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:03 PM   #16
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Parting with a friend can prove to be quite the challenge, glws and future endeavors
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:39 PM   #17
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
My friend died once.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:41 PM   #18
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i had a friend who died twice, never lived to tell about it
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:47 PM   #19
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
i had a friend who died twice, never lived to tell about it
You should have questioned him while he was in between deaths.....lol
Old 01-22-2016, 01:03 PM   #20
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I dont want to sound like im offering you advice, but regret is a bitch and I feel like I should at least give you my .02.

Ive had my s14 for 10 years and as I get older I do feel like I'm outgrowing it, the crowd, all of it.. although I'm still dumping money into it like im still 19 lol But i could never sell it because ive been through so much with it. My dad had a 1972 firebird formula 400 when he was a young and thrashed it and eventually sold it. He regrets it every day and tells me never to sell my s14. He even said hed take the car as collateral if i ever needed to sell it for money lol

I totally get why you want to sell it...BUT can't there be some kind of comprise made to keep the car? Make the car simple and more enjoyable to drive? I'm talking oem jdm aero, r33 wheels, spring and shock combo with a stock sr20det engine bay down to the airbox. Lowered, kitted cars look great but like you mentioned earlier it is for the most part an asshole clenching drive every time you see a driveway or a cop..fucking sucks.

Anyway idk how long this is as im typing this on my phone. Take this for what its worth. Good luck with whatever you do.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote