Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 05-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Cinco De Mayo! can be freaking annoying imo

Whats your guys views on it? I respect peoples right to want to celebrate it, but when everyone around you is all for it, it can be annoying..

I walk into class this morning and i thought it was a fiesta lol, cumbia music playing and everyone saying ayee ayee ayeeee. Not appropriate for a computer aided drafting class imo.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
WTF? Are there paisas in your class?
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:37 PM   #3
oscarmagana
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
oscarmagana is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yea its lame i agree
oscarmagana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #4
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Disrupting class seems ridiculous.

EDIT : maybe for 4th of July you should put on a lot of Springstein and shout YEAH! a bunch

Last edited by Brian; 05-05-2010 at 05:37 PM..
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:31 PM   #5
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
surprisingly my neighborhood isnt bad, i was thinking there would be block parties lol.. cuz i live in a rural area.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:25 AM   #6
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
What I don't get is some ppl who get offended by it
"Oh we don't celebrate that in Mexico, it's bullshit"

Mexico evicted the French (as far as I know).
How terrible can that be?
Have a few drinks if nothing else.

Last edited by ronmcdon; 05-06-2010 at 01:35 AM..
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:30 AM   #7
bentmode360
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
bentmode360 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Wink

foo quit being gay and partyyy on
bentmode360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #8
HyperTek
Post Whore!

i guess you cant wear american flag tshirts in highschool on that day.

Sound Off Thursday: No American flag t-shirts on Cinco de Mayo. Ridiculous? - News Story - KXLY Spokane
http://www.news4jax.com/news/23475745/detail.html
Quote:
Dominic Macio says, "I have no problem with them wearing their Mexico flags, anything like that. I just thought I'd show my pride, my American pride."
That pride almost got him suspended.
Dominic macio and four friends wore shirts, pants and bandanas with the American flag to school, but principal Nick Boden called it unacceptable on Cinco de Mayo.

if thats the type of shirts they where wearing, whats wrong with that?
Old 05-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #9
Kid coupie
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
Kid coupie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
ok for those who dont know Cinco de Mayo is not a major celebration in Mexico only in Puebla and some southern states. The whole battle was only a temporary victory cause a year later the French Defeated the Mexicans and invaded Mexico City. At most the people of Puebla only have a parade to comemerate those who partook in the battle but it isnt a major celebration. its only celebrated in the U.S. as another excuse to give 4 tacos for $1 or $5 beer buckets. LOL It became a celebration in the U.S. during th 60's when the chicano movement was taking place. I personally see it as a victory but not to the extent where ima throw a party. as for the kid who almost got suspended for wearing the american t shirt it was unfair i can see where the contraversy lies.
Kid coupie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #10
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WTF?!

Mr. Macio has the right to wear whatever shirt he wants. Especially one with an American flag on it. Even on Cinco de Mayo.
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #11
Kid coupie
Zilvia Junkie

Kid coupie is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL I wore my Shane Carwin walkout tee which just so happens to portray the U.S. Flag yesterday im mexican and no one told me sh*t lol
Kid coupie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #12
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
I feel like there may be more to the story.

Still seems silly though. Threatened for suspension because of their clothes....
Old 05-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #13
HyperTek
Post Whore!

yeah they probably had an attitude and where making remarks etc. Cant imagine someone being all innocent and doing what they are suppose to do in class being called out for their shirts.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #14
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
i guess you cant wear american flag tshirts in highschool on that day.
if thats the type of shirts they where wearing, whats wrong with that?
i agree, there might be more that wasnt brought up. i think its kinda retarted that you would pick cinco de mayo to go all out patriotic IMO. your just drawing attention and i can see where it would be controversial. it would be the same as me and 4 other friends wearing mexican flag shirts, pants and bandanas on 4th of july. people will be like, "dude wtf ? on 4th of july ? it couldnt wait for another day ?" its just looking for trouble.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #15
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid coupie View Post
ok for those who dont know Cinco de Mayo is not a major celebration in Mexico only in Puebla and some southern states. The whole battle was only a temporary victory cause a year later the French Defeated the Mexicans and invaded Mexico City. At most the people of Puebla only have a parade to comemerate those who partook in the battle but it isnt a major celebration. its only celebrated in the U.S. as another excuse to give 4 tacos for $1 or $5 beer buckets. LOL It became a celebration in the U.S. during th 60's when the chicano movement was taking place. I personally see it as a victory but not to the extent where ima throw a party. as for the kid who almost got suspended for wearing the american t shirt it was unfair i can see where the contraversy lies.
Thanks for elaborating the history, I was unwares of the specifics.

Still, a small victory is a victory nonetheless.
I also see no fault with finding excuses to throw parties.

Pray to tell where I can get 4 tacos for $1 & the cheao buckets
Even in TJ many years ago I could only get 3 for a dollar.
Taco stands/trucks aren't as affordable as they once were.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:08 PM   #16
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Quote:
I walk into class this morning and i thought it was a fiesta lol, cumbia music playing and everyone saying ayee ayee ayeeee. Not appropriate for a computer aided drafting class imo.
one day out of the whole year, you couldnt suck it up ? seriously, get the sand out of your clit.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #17
Brian
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDANGER24 View Post
one day out of the whole year, you couldnt suck it up ? seriously, get the sand out of your clit.
Maybe he goes to school to learn (instead of going to deal with people partying in class). Just a guess.....
Old 05-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #18
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Well I don't blame Hypertek in this case.
It's just inhumane to be forced to listen to Cumbia music,
much less for the whole class period.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #19
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Maybe he goes to school to learn (instead of going to deal with people partying in class). Just a guess.....
like i said, one day. he'll get over it
Old 05-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #20
Brian
Post Whore!

Quote:
like i said, one day. he'll get over it
Get over what?
Old 05-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #21
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
i slammed a few margaritas yesterday. had a great time.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:18 PM   #22
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Get over what?
you'll figure it out.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:19 PM   #23
Brian
Post Whore!

Quote:
you'll figure it out.
Wow, brilliant.

Thanks for the insight, Aristotle.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:27 PM   #24
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Wow, brilliant.

Thanks for the insight, Aristotle.
your welcome (insert clever philisophers name here)
Old 05-06-2010, 05:28 PM   #25
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
you're

msg length
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #26
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
your welcome Antonio Caso Andrade
*Fixed*

So, wait.
First St. Patrick's day isn't a day to drink cheap Guinness
Then Mardi Gras isn't about the Beads and Boobs

Now you're telling me Cinco De Mayo isn't Mexican Independence Day?

I hope their are drink specials on September 16th...
Old 05-06-2010, 05:54 PM   #27
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid coupie View Post
i told this to my dad and he said "ohh so thats what its about"...he was born in mexico, immigrated whe he was 25...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalveBlue View Post
WTF?!

Mr. Macio has the right to wear whatever shirt he wants. Especially one with an American flag on it. Even on Cinco de Mayo.
agree

Quote:
yeah they probably had an attitude and where making remarks etc. Cant imagine someone being all innocent and doing what they are suppose to do in class being called out for their shirts.
Quote:
i agree, there might be more that wasnt brought up. i think its kinda retarted that you would pick cinco de mayo to go all out patriotic IMO. your just drawing attention and i can see where it would be controversial. it would be the same as me and 4 other friends wearing mexican flag shirts, pants and bandanas on 4th of july. people will be like, "dude wtf ? on 4th of july ? it couldnt wait for another day ?" its just looking for trouble.
agree

Quote:
Quote:
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Well I don't blame Hypertek in this case.
It's just inhumane to be forced to listen to Cumbia music,
much less for the whole class period.
i have ot agree with this aswell..personally any latin music hurts me...and im mex/salvi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
i slammed a few margaritas yesterday. had a great time.
Cheers...had a few beers myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
So, wait.
First St. Patrick's day isn't a day to drink cheap Guinness
Then Mardi Gras isn't about the Beads and Boobs

Now you're telling me Cinco De Mayo isn't Mexican Independence Day?

I hope their are drink specials on September 16th...
i just dont know...i just dont know...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:00 AM   #28
chucky norris
Nissanaholic!

chucky norris is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to chucky norris
all i did this cinco de mayo was play a drinking game with my fellow mexicans. Every time hulk hogan said brother on tv we took a shot of tiquila lol
Old 05-07-2010, 05:20 AM   #29
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
i live in downtown san jose, and that shit seriously gets annoying. whole streets getting blocked off and people waving around huge ass mexican flags out of their cars. I'm not going to wave a huge ass Japanese flag on December 7th, so yeah, its all hype - an excuse to party i guess. im just glad it only happens once a year.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:08 AM   #30
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
<- Irish

Guinness is bullshit, go suck each others' dicks in the parking lot
krauts frogs and limeys, i swear