Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 06:56 PM   #1
zomgdrft
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
zomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
STICKY PLZ: I'm tired of this "...Plus PayPal Fees" Crap!

I'm fairly certain this must've been discussed before, however I'm bringing it up again because I'm tired of seeing it pop up more and more as of late.

Let's put it simply: Requiring additional money (IE: Add 3% on top of asking price) to "cover" your fees is against PayPal's TOS. PayPal can and will be ban you for it. I lurk these forums and occasionally buy things and I haven't reported anybody but I will be doing so in the future if it doesn't change.

For private individuals: You are the sole owner of your paypal account. The purchaser/buyer isn't, and shouldn't be, penalized for the type of account you the seller has.

There are ways around this, however. If you want to get by this legally, the easiest way please add a "3% cash discount" to your items. Or increase all your items prices by 3% or do both. This is how many retailers handle it so I see no reason why it should be any different here. To much work? To bad, enjoy being banned from PayPal then.

</rant off>
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2007, 07:04 PM   #2
AznDrftr.
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
AznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AznDrftr. Send a message via MSN to AznDrftr. Send a message via Yahoo to AznDrftr.
^I to was going to say something about this, but wanted more of the mods to jump in on this. Well said, i see this a lot now, as if they are losing money, not really.

But nice firm way to put it.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:25 PM   #3
vutony
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (145)
vutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 145 reviews
then send MO if you dont want to pay 3% more
Old 10-07-2007, 07:30 PM   #4
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Well said and good point.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #5
Rasty180SX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
Rasty180SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rasty180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by vutony View Post
then send MO if you dont want to pay 3% more
ummm...with MO you don't have any buyer protection. PAYPAL does.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:39 PM   #6
vutony
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (145)
vutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 145 reviews
^^then pay the fees, its an option

Paypal has buyer's protection? Its freaking weak. There are many loop holes. I loss a few hundred with them.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:54 PM   #7
brokeAs240sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
brokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
You can also make an offer (i.e. w/o the paypal fees). Either it's worth 3% more to you, or not.

And shouldn't this go under Suggestions sub-forum?
Old 10-07-2007, 08:00 PM   #8
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
First off, this is in the wrong section. You're not selling anything. MOVED.

Secondly, I understand where you're coming from, but i also see it from a sellers perspective.

Most of the time, people wont pay the sellers asking price anyway...so that rules out adding the 3% into the amount they're asking. Buyers will bitch and moan about a price like there's no tomorrow and THEN on top of that, the seller has to pay the 3% fees on the sale that he didnt receive the full amount for. So he loses even more money.

If the majority of 240sx owners werent so damn cheap this wouldnt be an issue.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 10-07-2007, 08:03 PM   #9
Sil-Eighty SE-K
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Sil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Eighty SE-K
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
I understand where you're coming from, but i also see it from a sellers perspective.

Most of the time, people wont pay the sellers asking price anyway...so that rules out adding the 3% into the amount they're asking. Buyers will bitch and moan about a price like there's no tomorrow and THEN on top of that, the seller has to pay the 3% fees on the sale that he didnt receive the full amount for. So he loses even more money.

If the majority of 240sx owners werent so damn cheap this wouldnt be an issue.
wow....spot on! lol.... +rep for you!

but the 3% cash discount is a good idea
Old 10-07-2007, 08:18 PM   #10
ishkabibble

ishkabibble is making a name for him/her selfishkabibble is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty180SX View Post
ummm...with MO you don't have any buyer protection. PAYPAL does.
ummm... Postal money sent through US mail has MAIL FRAUD protection. A bit stronger than PAYPAL protection.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:31 PM   #11
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to UNISA JECS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishkabibble View Post
ummm... Postal money sent through US mail has MAIL FRAUD protection. A bit stronger than PAYPAL protection.
WORD it sure does and I perfer this method but many people dont and I totally understand, nut its your money send it the way you feel best about it.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:15 PM   #12
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
This has been discussed before:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=143313
Points were made from all sides (buyers/sellers/site) and even commented upon by an admin and a couple of people with valuable information. I DO suggest looking it over on the subject.
Personally? I never charged the fee, I simply price my items fairly enough to myself that I can eat the fee and do not react kindly to lowball offers.
Simply put, if you must adjust your pricing to make the cost of doing business less painful then do that. Adopt the "I ain't even gonna dignify that shit with an answer" approach to lowball offerers, and KNOW that some people just seem to get off on offering less than you asked for items, it happens, so be prepared to have to blow people off.

And I write too!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:45 PM   #13
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
Its a shitty thing. But paypal fees are over 3% now. I have been charge over 5% for a $50 sale
Old 11-06-2007, 10:05 PM   #14
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Like i said before, if most Zilvians weren't such relentlessly low balling ass clowns, this wouldn't be an issue.

Pay the person's asking price and chances are they will make some money and be able to cover the fees without having to even ask.

THE PROBLEM STEMS FROM THE CHEAP BASTARDS THAT HAVE INFESTED THIS CAR CULTURE. PERIOD.

If you dont wanna pay the fees, then dont buy their stuff. Its as simple as that. Stop bitching.

Why are we even discussing this still?
Old 11-07-2007, 01:21 AM   #15
zomgdrft
Zilvia Member

zomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymore
I don't many folks are grasping at the point I'm making. It is against paypals TOS for someone to outright state "a 3% added fee." That's it, plain and simple. I can report you (or whoever) to paypal with a screenshot of the tread and they will take action against your account. It's as simple as that.

On a side note, I've received some hilarious negative rep from this thread, who obviously didn't even read my initial post, or just lack the reading comprehension to fully understand it.

neg rep: "In the end, all the seller has to do is mark up his item 3% and leave it at that."

I understand that, moron. Please re-read what I posted at the top:
Quote:
the easiest way please add a "3% cash discount" to your items. Or increase all your items prices by 3% or do both.
I swear to god idiots should be sterilized.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:41 AM   #16
revat619
Retired General

I totally get it dude, but check out this simple break down...

ask for paypal fees - you get butt hurt

factor them into the price - lowballers get butt hurt

get lowballed then pay for the fees your self - seller gets butt hurt

Bitching about this is pointless. AGAIN, its been discussed before.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=143313

Zilvia doesn't control what people do with their personal paypal accounts. So in other words, people just have to deal with it.

This thread is done.
Closed Thread