Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:30 PM   #1
Skawski
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Skawski is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
s13 Rear brake problems

So a while back my 240 was curbed (not by me) and since then every now n then there has been some squeaking while braking in the rear and its gotten to a constant squeal. I popped the rear calipers off today n the rear passenger pads were worn down to about 1/8 inch and the inside pad was starting to scrape, while the other sides pads were fine. When i put the calipers back with the new pads it seemed the the ebrake was locked so i unhooked it from both calipers n still same thing calipers were locked. I took it for a little drive to see how noticable it was n the car slightly pulls left and after about 2 minutes i could feel heat by hand n slightly smoking so i turned around. I wasnt driving the 240 when it got curbed and have been piecing together the damage. To me it seems like the calipers locked up slightly, i notice when i have the clutch in i dont roll around on slight hills at all and will slow down slightly sometimes when in nuetral. So i was thinking about cleaning them w/ brake parts cleaner n re lubing them up n then draining and bleeding the whole system. Idk if itll free them up but it might be worth a shot. Just fyi i believe i have 5lug swap w/ s14 rotors and s13 calipers, also never had a problem w/ rear brakes or e brake before it was curbed, curbed in front end and only broke steering rack bolts.
Sorry so long just wanted all the details!
Skawski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
Skawski
Leaky Injector

anybody have any input or experience something like this?
Old 03-21-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
Skawski
Leaky Injector

Took the rear calipers apart and found one pin rusted pretty bad. Greased everything up bought new pins and its good as new!