Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 10-27-2009, 01:49 AM   #1
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
Trader Rating: (19)
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Zomg, no more divorce?

Man Files Initiative To Ban Divorce In California

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) ―

Last November, California voters approved an initiative that halted same-sex marriage within the state, but a new initiative would ban divorce as well.

John Marcotte, a married father of two, has filed an initiative -- dubbed the "2010 California Marriage Protection Act" -- that would halt married couples from breaking up within the state of California, and he says his cause is gaining momentum.

"We have pure morals. I think that's really going to help us," John said. "I am dead serious about this."

With California's conversation about gay marriage rights in a bit of a lull, Marcotte is attempting to spark the debate anew. Marcotte won't admit any sarcasm in his efforts, but with his statements, he probably doesn't have to:

"It's even invaded our schools. I don't want my kids reading in a textbook that divorce is 'cool' or legally permissible," John told CBS13, making quote-marks with his fingers to emphasize his point. "That's really a conversation that should happen between a parent and a child."

Marcotte's website, RescueMarriage.org, got more than a million hits in its first week while featuring slogans such as:

"You said 'til death do us part.' You're not dead yet."
"Participate in democracy the old fashioned way – by yelling."
"Divorce is unnatural like polyester, glasses and Twinkies…"

Now that the initiative has been filed with state officials, 700,000 signatures are needed to put it on the 2010 ballot. Marcotte says support has been pouring in already.

"I get a ton of people who say, 'We're on board, where are the petitions?'" he said. "It really hurts my feelings when people say I'm being insincere."

Have fun with this one guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s141996 View Post
is this exhaust california friendly? thnx lmk
cc4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2009, 02:14 AM   #2
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
eh i definitely think it is too easy for people to get divorced these days and the value of marriage isn't the same as it once was, but "never" is a bit much. situations where one spouse is in physical or mental danger should be the only grounds for divorce. i'm tired of seeing people get together in a hurry and then turning around and getting a divorce once they realize they aren't compatible with their spouse.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:42 AM   #3
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Well, Divorce is the biggest threat to Marriage...
Old 10-27-2009, 04:47 AM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Only in fucking California...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:46 AM   #5
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Lol once prop 8 passed everyone had to figure out another way to save marriage.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:39 AM   #6
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I would really have to look at the details of this.
I very much doubt there would be a law that blocks divorce entirely.

personally I could care less.
marriage is something I'd opt to do without.
easier just to live with your so, and call it a day.

thing I hate about CA in terms of politics,
is that ppl here in general are zealot extremists of the left or right.
you won't even hear stuff like this in AZ, TX, or NY.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:49 AM   #7
Drift N Dragg
Username Monster!

Trader Rating: (14)
Drift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Only thing you hear in Texas is "FRY'UM" .. LMAO .. had to throw that out there...

Now on the Divorce subject.. I don't think they will Ban it completly, but I do believe they will make it harder to Divorce... It is VERY easy to divorce in this day and age.. I think it should be harder, unless there is Pyshical and Mental Harm being committed.. But Divorcing because "Oh, you put the Damn toilet seat Down AGAIN!!!" ... No Grounds..

2015 Subaru STI
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
A Ton of Projects
Drift N Dragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:51 AM   #8
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
eh i definitely think it is too easy for people to get divorced these days and the value of marriage isn't the same as it once was, but "never" is a bit much. situations where one spouse is in physical or mental danger should be the only grounds for divorce. i'm tired of seeing people get together in a hurry and then turning around and getting a divorce once they realize they aren't compatible with their spouse.
Exactly. People don't give a shit about marriage any more. Just another sad part of our culture.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:19 AM   #9
TUnity2
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
TUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Further proof that California is the most useless state in the country
TUnity2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:20 PM   #10
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Detestable perhaps (depending on who you're asking).
I'm in a love/hate relationship, but I hope not to live here my whole life.

Useless?
Not likely given it's the 8th largest economy in the world.
Wonder if it would be better for CA (and the rest of the US) to be a separate country.

Back to marriage.
I don't see marriage or divorce being the issue, as they are more or less formalities (unless its a religious thing for you).
Ppl just aren't that great with getting along with one another, and working out family/relationship problems.
Maybe our need for instant gratification gets in the way.
Walking away is usually the easiest way to deal with problems.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:34 PM   #11
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I would really have to look at the details of this.
I very much doubt there would be a law that blocks divorce entirely.

personally I could care less.
marriage is something I'd opt to do without.
easier just to live with your so, and call it a day.

thing I hate about CA in terms of politics,
is that ppl here in general are zealot extremists of the left or right.
you won't even hear stuff like this in AZ, TX, or NY.
I would tend to agree. Fucking state legislator cannot get a thing done because no one wants to compromise.

Oh and that marriage initiative will never fly. LOL fucking right wing zealots as bad as left wing zealots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUnity2 View Post
Further proof that California is the most useless state in the country
Read the post above this one. It proves you, like a lot of out of state people, are pretty damn clueless about California and only believe what the media feeds you.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #12
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Great. another "holier-than-thou" bible thumper. He doesn't do these things to make anyones life better, like a good christian, he does them so HE gets into heaven, which is selfish, and unchristian-like.

It'll never pass.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:30 PM   #13
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift N Dragg View Post
Only thing you hear in Texas is "FRY'UM" .. LMAO .. had to throw that out there...

Now on the Divorce subject.. I don't think they will Ban it completly, but I do believe they will make it harder to Divorce... It is VERY easy to divorce in this day and age.. I think it should be harder, unless there is Pyshical and Mental Harm being committed.. But Divorcing because "Oh, you put the Damn toilet seat Down AGAIN!!!" ... No Grounds..

lmao so true
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #14
palmdale_mob
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
palmdale_mob is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Maybe if they put requirements before getting a divorce, such as x years of marriage, x amount of therapy, x amount of crazy person

Idk, that just seems as a better way of doing it then just banning it all together
palmdale_mob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:50 PM   #15
Drift N Dragg
Username Monster!

Trader Rating: (14)
Drift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmdale_mob View Post
Maybe if they put requirements before getting a divorce, such as x years of marriage, x amount of therapy, x amount of crazy person

Idk, that just seems as a better way of doing it then just banning it all together

the ONly problem that I see with that is After "X" amount of Year(s) you are required to pay your Spouse Alimony, If he/She is unemployed or whatnot.

"X" amount of therapy.. Court right now is making efforts in tring for an "X" amount of months of Marriage Counseling ... But that is NOT in all cases..

"X" amount of a Crazy person... Try sleeping with one eye open and hearing the grinding of a Hatchet in that background... Or someone sitting up in bed staring at you while your sleeping

But as I said Earlier they do need to add something.. But if memory serves, didn't they try some SIMULAR to this before a few years back?

2015 Subaru STI
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
A Ton of Projects
Drift N Dragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #16
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I think the guy might be onto something here. The measure definitely won't pass, but things like this lead to compromises- like a strengthening of the divorce laws. It really should be harder to get a divorce. People will think harder about whether or not they really want to marry a person. The state of marriage in America is a joke.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #17
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy View Post
The state of marriage in America is a joke.
This.

lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #18
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

The only ppl I'm worried about are the kids involved.
Then again a divorce could be a good thing depending on circumstances.

The adults I could really care less.
I say they do whatever they want,
so long as taxpayer funds aren't squandered away as a result.

I have reservations about having the government coming in tell ppl who they can or can't divorce,
regardless of whether or not I like they way ppl are handling their marriages.
some things are best left to personal choice imo.

Easiest solution, imo, would be just to do completely away with marriage as a legal status imo.
Let ppl marry and/or divorce whomever they want through their own private ceremonies.
If kids are born, enforce guardianship & financial liability on whomever the biological parents are.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:08 PM   #19
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
or maybe they should just make it harder to get married. like you have to be engaged for so many months/years and pass some sort of evaluation... they should do the same thing for having kids hahaha
Old 10-27-2009, 10:23 PM   #20
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

There should def be some criterion for having kids.
Something that controversial wont ever fly in the us.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:33 AM   #21
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
or maybe they should just make it harder to get married. like you have to be engaged for so many months/years and pass some sort of evaluation
I like this idea. Just do something to make people think harder about whether or not they really want to get married.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:42 AM   #22
shishcabobers
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
shishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
marriage is serious business
shishcabobers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:05 AM   #23
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
He is probably worried that his wife will take his things/children.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:50 AM   #24
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
I'd be more for getting rid of laywers then stopping divorces.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:41 PM   #25
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ban pre nup.. fuck that shit no bitch should get half /most of your earnings.. Seen the prenup with khloe kardashian and lamar odam? fuck that bitch
Old 11-01-2009, 12:08 AM   #26
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Why would a prenup be bad?
It's an agreement to supposedely limit/regulate the terms of financial compensation,
after a couple divorces, or one of them passes away.

Say you get into a marriage with some chick.
You do NOT want her to get half of what you have after a divorce.
You would then draw up a prenup as an agreement to prevent this from happening.

When & if the divorce comes,
the prenup will be the only thing that legally protects you from having half your assets taken away from you, & to your spouse.

This is sorta why I don't believe in marriage (for myself at least).
Too much legal complications that need not be there imo.
Marriage isn't worth the hassle.

Prenuptial agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A prenuptial agreement, antenuptial agreement, or premarital agreement, commonly abbreviated to prenup or prenupt, is a contract entered into prior to marriage,civil union or any other agreement prior to the main agreement by the people intending to marry or contract with each other. The content of a prenuptial agreement can vary widely, but commonly includes provisions for division of property and spousal support in the event of divorce or breakup of marriage.They may also include terms for the forfeiture of assets as a result of divorce on the grounds of adultery,further conditions of guardianship may be included as well.

In California, an agreement is very powerful. A couple can waive their rights to share property (community property). It can limit spousal support (although a court at the divorce can set this aside if it deems that the limitation is unconscionable). The agreement can act as a contract to make a will requiring one spouse to provide for the other at death. It can also limit probate rights at death, such as the right to a probate allowance, a probate allowance, the right to act an executor, the right to take as a predetermined heir, and so forth.[citation needed]
Old 11-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #27
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post

I have reservations about having the government coming in tell ppl who they can or can't divorce,
regardless of whether or not I like they way ppl are handling their marriages.
some things are best left to personal choice imo.
Goes hand in hand with the government telling people who they can or can't marry.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:19 AM   #28
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I completely agree.

ppl can marry their own pets and/or parents for all I care.
as long as nobody gets hurt, i say do whatever suits your fancy.
(no sarcasm).
Old 11-03-2009, 03:35 PM   #29
dynamicck
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Marriage should be, if you came in with nothing, then you leave with nothing.

None of this get 50% percent of everything you own.
It makes divorce wayyyyy to lucrative.
dynamicck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:07 PM   #30
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicck View Post
Marriage should be, if you came in with nothing, then you leave with nothing.

None of this get 50% percent of everything you own.
It makes divorce wayyyyy to lucrative.
How many people go into a marriage with nothing?

How many women give up good careers to handle the house while the man goes out and makes the money? What's supposed to happen to her when the couple splits?

I think it should depend partly on who's doing the splitting, but just because you're divorced doesn't mean you get to act like the ex wasn't ever a HUGE part of your life, that's always going to be there and there are responsibilities associated with that relationship.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote