Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
CRyan

Trader Rating: (0)
CRyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You know the worst part about living in MS with no SR's?!?

Because know one can let me borrow an S14 SR ECU, and I honestly don't want to buy one and it not be the problem. I am going by what Yury has helped me...

Anyone have ANOTHER possibility besides the drivers in the ecu or the ecu screwed?

Or if you want to be nice enough to help me out and your in the area...I has booze.
CRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
what's the problem? If you're so sure its the ECU you'll need to source one anyways...am I right?

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:32 AM   #3
CRyan

I am not 100 percent sure as that is the problem. But I don't know why else the drivers in the ecu wouldn't be doing it's job for the injectors...

But thankfully I got most all the interior pieces back into place. And the car is all ready for that first drive...

I am getting so excited. But I have a weird feeling it MIGHT not be the ecu. Anyone else have anything for me as to why the injectors wouldn't pulsate the ground, allowing it to squirt?
Old 08-26-2009, 04:01 AM   #4
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRyan View Post
I am not 100 percent sure as that is the problem. But I don't know why else the drivers in the ecu wouldn't be doing it's job for the injectors...

But thankfully I got most all the interior pieces back into place. And the car is all ready for that first drive...

I am getting so excited. But I have a weird feeling it MIGHT not be the ecu. Anyone else have anything for me as to why the injectors wouldn't pulsate the ground, allowing it to squirt?
maby the harness isint grounded correctly? hell idk
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #5
CRyan

Well do you know possibly what ground that would be? Or is there a very hidden area for a ground somewhere I am missing? I don't seem to see it for I have fine through the harness twice...

Thanks for the help
CRyan
Old 08-26-2009, 08:37 AM   #6
Ceepo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Ceepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
You really need to post what the problem is clearly, we cant help you if we dont know exactly what the car is doing, ect...
Ceepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:38 AM   #7
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
same thing I said...

SHIFTlock_slide to side

Old 08-26-2009, 12:11 PM   #8
CRyan

Injectors not getting a pulsating action to deliver fuel into the cylinder. I am assuming it is bad drivers, which are located in the ecu. I would imagine that everything is hooked up because all lights come on in dash, fuel pump primes, and starter turns engine over.

That what you needed to know? And the reason I did not want to go into complete detail was to filter this post of the "fuel lines backwards" etc. Granted they helped but I have now pin pointed the problem ALMOST precisely.

So electrically speaking, what else could cause the injectors not to pulsate. And I know the injectors aren't bad because I got them to click when I ran a positive and ground off the battery.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:35 PM   #9
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Here's my thoughts.

You need to verify that the injectors are getting a 12V source. When you do the harness conversion for the SR20 install, you provide a 12V source for the entire harness. If this connection fails (poor soldering skills, bad crimp connection) your injectors will not operate. If you want to check injector operation. The most straight forward way to do this is either A:remove the CAS and rotate the gear, with ignition "ON", and listen for the "click" at each injector. B: use a spare CAS and just plug it in to your harness, following the same procedure. Having said this, you need to make sure your CAS is functioning properly.

I would start with those two things before replacing ECU's...

Also, you need to get your hands on an FSM for the Silvia. There are step by step procedures for diagnosing problems like this.

SHIFTlock_slide to side

Old 08-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #10
CRyan

Well I know I have the constant 12v... And you are speaking of the CAS and rotating by hand, but can't this be accomplished by turning the motor over and listening for the tick at the injectors; which is not happening? How do you test the CAS minus having the injectors clicking?
Old 08-27-2009, 08:11 AM   #11
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

I don't know the answer to that one. I do know that if the injectors aren't working, you need to double check that it is. I would pick up an FSM and see what it outlines.

Never had a problem with mine, so I've never looked into testing one.

SHIFTlock_slide to side

Old 08-27-2009, 09:27 AM   #12
CRyan

Would I be getting spark if the CAS was not working?
Old 08-27-2009, 10:25 AM   #13
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
rc1honda is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I was thinking of a bad crank angle sensor too. Try taking out and spinning the inner sprocket by hand and listen to see if the injector fires. While your spinning the spocket you should be able to hear the injectors clicking. Then check your meachanical timing and line everything up and try again. Follow the injector wires all the way back to the ECU and look for any damage or any place where there could be a short. And yes you should get sprak with a bad CAS but not fuel. Or maybe fuel but just in the wrong order.
rc1honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:37 PM   #14
CRyan

Thanks for the reply- I am thinking about cutting open my harness tonight anyways because it sits in the bay very oddly...figured I would take out that unneeded plastic piece... Thanks for all the help guys, I love how everyone on here is so much quicker to respond than on Nico ha...

Also, it just came to me; I noticed the plug itself off the CAS itself was chipped, but I didn't think that would effect anything...
Old 08-27-2009, 03:09 PM   #15
stangslider
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
stangslider is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
im in ms just not close enough
stangslider is offline   Reply With Quote