Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-07-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Stupid Question? Onevia gurus needed

The actual question is in bold if you wanna skip the filler. Ok. So I'm gonna give some background on how this question even arose in the first place. I obtained a 91 coupe and because the chasis is so clean, I figured why not put a V8 in there (would never spend that kinda coin on an abused car). I may. I may not. But, that started a discussion among friends...a few beers later, it turned into liscense plate ideas. Sooooo, I said "Oh, just grab some Onevia areo for the front and get LSWUNVEA and call it a day". Then, that sparked a "it's not a real onevia" blah blah blah. So, my question is other than the bumper, what's the difference between a 240sx coupe and a Onevia other than one is JDM? I never really knew, or cared, but I'm kinda curious now. And yeah, I know an LS would be a contributing factor but sans motor, since that was just fantasy talk anyway, what's the diff.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
there's a onevia thread ya know...

you have to have a REAL silvia to start with (converted to pop ups) if you wanna call it a onevia and not be a poser. otherwise it's just a 240sx coupe with aero...
96Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Turbo View Post
there's a onevia thread ya know...
Yeah. Found a few. Sans a few "disagreements" I couldn't find the actual answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Turbo View Post
you have to have a REAL silvia to start with (converted to pop ups) if you wanna call it a onevia and not be a poser. otherwise it's just a 240sx coupe with aero...
Soooo, pop up headlights? I mean, by REAL Silvia, I'm assuming you mean a RHD SR powered car from across the pond...which would make almost EVERY American 240sx a poser right? I've got a pignose with pop-ups now. What makes the outside onevia as opposed to...ummm..NOT a Onevia I guess.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
call your car whatever you want, but I think it's silly to call a stock 240sx a "onevia" just because it sounds cool, or cuz the japanese guys do it

if the car says silvia on the vin plate, and has a 180sx front end conversion, THAT is a onevia
96Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Ok. So, it's the vin plate AND the 180sx front end? Cuz I still don't understand what the fundamental difference between a Onevia and a 240sx coupe is. USDM coupes CAME with pop-up lights. So, other than one being USDM and one being JDM WHAT is the difference?

It sounds like it's the difference between a Fairlady Z33 and a 350Z which is like a badge. Obviously you can't recreate something that isn't made to be sold in its country of origin, but in all reality, is there more than some bumper holes (and what side the steering wheel is on)that seperate the 240sx coupe in America and the Onevia in Japan?

And my car is a 240sx. It always will be. I could really care less about the "cool" name, but I'm just curious what, if anything, makes one different from the other apart from where they were sold.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #6
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
its just a nickname given for that specific mod, its essentially our silvia front end conversion, except theirs is a pignose front end conversion i guess. there isnt much of a difference between the two except one was produced in japan and the other over here lol. i wouldnt think too much about it lol
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Gotcha. Thanks. ;-)
Old 12-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #8
LI NY 240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (10)
LI NY 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
91 with a pignose?
LI NY 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #9
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

That's what it's called with the two orange blinkers on either side of the front?
like this

Mine is green with no spoiler, but that's it
Old 12-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #10
LI NY 240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (10)
LI NY 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
No, that's not a pig nose. All USDM S13's have the amber turn signals. The pig nose was 1989-1990. My suggestion to you would be to search for your questions on this site and just read. There is a lot of information here.
LI NY 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #11
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

I get the whole search thing, but all I read was bickering about posers and JDM then a whole bunch of kouki, keke, chouki, cookie, cnady or whatever other names these cars have. Searching for actualy tech info is pretty easy (hence my post count is low cuz I found all that). Searching for something that seems to be shrouded in fanboyism is a bit difficult. Typing in "onevia conversion" or "onevia differences" or just "onevia" is equivalent to typing in "hellaflush" on the stanceworks forum.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:04 PM   #12
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
EhrikETFG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
been a member since 07? you sound like a dumb ass.
EhrikETFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #13
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

You sound like a jackass. Maybe we were seperated at birth?
Old 12-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #14
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Mods sleeping today?

Onevia: term coined by enthusiasts IN JAPAN to describe a SILVIA with a ONEeightysx front end conversion.

Popup front 240sx coupe: what we got here.

Summary: Anything that is not a SILVIA (JDM) with a 180SX (JDM) front end, is not a "onevia".

/thread.
KendallH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #15
towlie
Post Whore!

towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
its all the same car, who cares??

report button has been clicked.
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #16
memphis180sx
BANNED

memphis180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
i wanted to click the report button lol but theres no need to push it twice
memphis180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #17
Toi
Zilvia Member

Toi is an unknown quantity at this point
If done properly you either MODIFY the harness so the pop ups work or you replace the harness so the pop ups work on a Onevia. To some this modification is simple, to others its a PITA especially if you do it properly. Then you have those that do it and don't worry about the pop ups working or not (half A** mode). Then the Japanese didn't want to sound like a bunch of ricers by calling it a 240sx.

The Sil80 came about for cost effectiveness, nothing more, it had nothing to do with style/looks/hellawhatever, it was plain and simple cost effectiveness.

Anyone that hates this argument most likely is a JDM fanboi that has never been to Japan and has been into drifting for about the past 5 years and thinks he knows everything which he or she doesn't. They drive a 240sx and call it a Onevia to impress their fanboi friends and little girls a like!!!
Toi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #18
NoPistons!
Zilvia Junkie

NoPistons! is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by towlie View Post
its all the same car, who cares??

report button has been clicked.

I agree with this.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck......

In before thread lock.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:12 PM   #19
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just like when some people in the U.S do a Silvia front end on a 240sx and call it a sil-40

Japan, Silvia, a RHD, sr20 powered coupe with 180sx flip up light front end, onevia
USA, 240sx, a LHD, ka24e/de powered coupe with Silvia front end, sil-40
Mishkin_707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #20
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

i drive a coupe and have never once said to anyone "yeah dude its a onevia"

i jsut call it a coupe
Old 12-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #21
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
A Onevia is the same thing as a USDM 240sx coupe.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:47 AM   #22
Jdelarmente

Jdelarmente is an unknown quantity at this point
A onevia is built and what Toi said.
Jdelarmente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:28 AM   #23
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
A Onevia is the same thing as a USDM 240sx coupe.
except for all the obvious differences.

a 180sx is the same as a USDM 240sx hatchback.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:31 AM   #24
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

wow. didn't expect all THIS.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #25
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Stupid questions get stupid answers...and lots of them.
Mishkin_707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #26
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

apparently so.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:58 PM   #27
"His Avatar"

"His Avatar" is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to "His Avatar"
It DOES say stupid question right in the title.
"His Avatar" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:51 PM   #28
DinoMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
DinoMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^^^^true
Atleast he got his answer though....
DinoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #29
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

true dat.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #30
picsbypenny
Zilvia Member

picsbypenny is an unknown quantity at this point
so y still open
ib4l
just saying