Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
New Live FlowBench Gauge

This website is really crappy, but the product and principal seemed pretty interesting to me.

Embedded FlowbenchTM

The italic text is the link to the PDF on the product. First block of italic text.

Opine!
Old 10-22-2009, 06:48 PM   #2
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Since this is not S nor Z-Chassis specific....

Moved to Off Topic
Old 10-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
R33E8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
R33E8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
What's the point??
R33E8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
" It uses a sophisticated technique to measure various engine sensors, and calculate air flow rate as a function of engine RPMs."

yeah.... sure... it doesn't actually measure anything just calculates airflow.. kinda like a SAFC but without really doing anything...
Old 10-22-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Quote:
Originally Posted by R33E8 View Post
What's the point??
Its a new product featured in my SEMA mag, thought I would start a discussion. I have no financial interest, just want to start a discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
" It uses a sophisticated technique to measure various engine sensors, and calculate air flow rate as a function of engine RPMs."

yeah.... sure... it doesn't actually measure anything just calculates airflow.. kinda like a SAFC but without really doing anything...
That is what I was thinking, but "its patented airflow technology"... I would like to read their patent.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:28 AM   #6
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngriff View Post
I would like to read their patent.
Patent 45634957834

A device that uses electrical sensors and a high school physics book equation to calculate airflow to move a needle to a predetermined number that means nothing.

I guess the idea is that your gonna install your suck gauge. Drive around for a while and get some baseline pulls on your suck gauge. Then install cams. Then do some more pulls to see how much faster your car sucks. If the gauge needle makes it half way around then using sprint wispernet it will contact the manufacturer and they'll send you get a free mugen sticker in the mail and your mail order tune diploma. "Now you're a tuner with airflow magic!"

I mean what are you going to do with these numbers? This data is meaningless. Anything measured like this should be measured on the dyno. It's not like you can tune with this or the numbers are reliable enough for you to make your own maf plot chart. I mean if you got the urge to install a hyundai genisis maf on your nissan. maybe CFM is the new HP. My car has 640CFM @9000rpm. Oh yeah my rotary has 112312412 CFM @ 11,000 before it blew.