Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:19 AM   #1
blink182house
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (13)
blink182house is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blink182house
HELP!!! S13 KA into S14, missing?

Hey guys this is a buddy's car. The scenario is that the s14 KA motor was running strong and then after a major loss of oil threw a rod through the block. We picked up another KA from a guy, turned out to be an S13 KA... So I pulled the motor, and swapped absolutely everything from the S14 KA to the S13 KA (only thing that was from the s13 motor was oil pan to valve cover). We dropped it back in last night and hooked everything back up the same way, and the motor is running like pure crap! It wont idle and it sounds like a major miss. Are there any differences in the motors by any chance? I turned the motor around with a screw driver in cyl1 til it was all the way up and the 2nd to left notch on crank pulley was lined up. We set the distributor on one (which it was about one tooth off, cause otherwise we'd've been 180d off and it prob wouldnt have run at all) and ti still sounds like crap. Any ideas or suggestions? This is my friends daily driver, and I'd like to get it out of my shop to continue working on my own project. Thanks for any help or suggestions! Thank you!
Old 11-06-2008, 03:31 AM   #2
Addicted2Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Addicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Use the s14 intake manifold, exhaust manifold, ecu, maf.

Everything should work.
I might be forgetting something... lemme think about it for a bit.
because I have an s13 KA in my s14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreansurfer View Post
zenki's are for poors and lames

with the exception of norm who is big ballin
FS:CUSCO,GREDDY,KA-Tparts
Addicted2Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:16 AM   #3
blink182house
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (13)
blink182house is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blink182house
I used everything from original s14 motor on s13 motor.
YouTube - S14 with KA from S13 problems
ok. the s14 had original motor in it (yes its obd2) andd was working until it was run with no oil, thus bad motor but everything else still good. pulled motor, swapped EVERYTHING over to an s13 motor (from oil pan to valve cover ONLY off s13). Put back in car. new exhaust gaskets, new intake gaskets, new belts (only changes). NO vacuum leaks now, getting fuel to rail, the car is in time at 10degrees advanced. Everything is plugged up except a/c condensor fan. The video doesnt sound good, but anyways 1st start is me holding gas a bit to keep it running, 2nd time is simple start and let er go. The o2 sensors are both bad, but the 2nd one shouldnt effect much of anything, I plan on buying and changing the main o2 tomorrow in hopes of fixing this problem. Any other ideas or suggestions are appreciated, i need this car out of garage NOW!