Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: RB or SR in 240sx?
RB 94 42.15%
SR 129 57.85%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 04:52 PM   #1
silvias13_180sx

Trader Rating: (0)
silvias13_180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RB or SR in 240sx

which do you prefer?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2004, 10:50 AM   #2
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

Baka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfection
KA... Speed insnt everything... Plus the 2,000+ you speed could be put toward buying tires an brake pads
Old 01-21-2004, 06:20 PM   #3
driftz240sx
Zilvia Member

driftz240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to driftz240sx
i'd take the RB over SR just because it has more potential for power. Then again i do like autocrossing and i dunno how the RB would affect the handling.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:37 PM   #4
GrimDrifter
Leaky Injector

GrimDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to GrimDrifter Send a message via Yahoo to GrimDrifter
i want to do both swap in the near future! a 180 and a sil80, hotness!
Old 02-23-2004, 09:58 AM   #5
Ghettokracker71
Post Whore!

Ghettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ghettokracker71 Send a message via Yahoo to Ghettokracker71
RB=best motor ever
Old 03-02-2004, 06:13 AM   #6
rps13 SR
Zilvia Member

rps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimDrifter
i want to do both swap in the near future! a 180 and a sil80, hotness!
what does 180 and sil80 have to to with rb vs sr??
Old 03-02-2004, 07:51 AM   #7
shnitz

shnitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to shnitz
ah, ill let you guys blow your money on these, just so that i can buy up your spare engines and parts but between those 2, i honestly don't think that the sr was engineered well, why would you go through the trouble of making it dohc if you are going to keep the rocker arms? rb is obviously a superior design, but have fun sourciing replacement parts for it, i hope that it isn't your daily driver
Old 03-02-2004, 11:08 AM   #8
Zed

Zed is an unknown quantity at this point
RB all the way turns the 240SX into a mini skyline plus I love Inline 6 cyl
HOMO must stand for Honda Motorsports
Old 03-02-2004, 05:50 PM   #9
christopher
Zilvia Member

christopher is an unknown quantity at this point
An SR is cheaper and right now, is easier to find aftermarket parts for without importing. That is obviously changing.

Face facts, not many (none) of us will ever build either motor to its full potential. So why go RB for that reason. Most of us are not that rich.

89 coupe
Red top SR
Blown Stereo....
Old 03-03-2004, 12:40 AM   #10
thaiger77
Zilvia Member

thaiger77 is a glorious beacon of lightthaiger77 is a glorious beacon of lightthaiger77 is a glorious beacon of lightthaiger77 is a glorious beacon of lightthaiger77 is a glorious beacon of lightthaiger77 is a glorious beacon of lightthaiger77 is a glorious beacon of lightthaiger77 is a glorious beacon of lightthaiger77 is a glorious beacon of lightthaiger77 is a glorious beacon of lightthaiger77 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to thaiger77
What all do you need to do a swap from KA to RB? I heard you need engine mount, new drive shaft, and etc.?
Old 03-03-2004, 02:44 AM   #11
oojpeeoo
Zilvia Junkie

oojpeeoo is an unknown quantity at this point
i like sr's always have..but rb are koo 2... clunky
Old 03-04-2004, 03:09 PM   #12
nightwalker
Nissanaholic!

nightwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
RB25 would be bad ass for wangan. But otherwise, just SR. I don't see why people are doing the RB20. I have to aske those crazy Japanese guys why they keep swapping their RB20s for SRs. Stupid Japanese people.
Old 03-07-2004, 05:54 PM   #13
davenavarro1
Leaky Injector

davenavarro1 is an unknown quantity at this point
rb25 is the best motor you can put on a s13. iron block, alluminum head.

it only depends how much money you have in the ban and no i dont have money in the bank.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:44 AM   #14
Red
Zilvia Addict

Red is an unknown quantity at this point
HAHA!

(I have goals)

1st GOAL! Turbo the KA and make it the most powerfull KA ever... Whats the most a KA has had?? I think 600hp would win so thats my current goal..

2nd GOAL! Stick the KA in my bro's 1980 Maxima (1 more year and no immisions baby) and get a more reliable RB26DETT in my current car... Only slightly upgrade the power... (like 400 maby?)

I could do this in the next 4 years... (unless i get this job in spokane)
Old 03-11-2004, 10:10 AM   #15
Bbandit
Post Whore!

Bbandit is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Bbandit Send a message via AIM to Bbandit
KA all the way baby.. cheapest option of all muahahahah

==>>TGL GARAGE<<==.. RIP!
S13 coupe KA-T @ 0.5 Bar = SOLD!
A31 Cefiro + SR = Current
Old 03-11-2004, 01:42 PM   #16
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwalker
RB25 would be bad ass for wangan. But otherwise, just SR. I don't see why people are doing the RB20. I have to aske those crazy Japanese guys why they keep swapping their RB20s for SRs. Stupid Japanese people.

rb25det is hype, rb26 is not. If i had to trade my sr20det for any engine it would be an rb26dett and only if my goal was strickly for wangan. I however enjoy drag racing as well and adding the extra 2 cylinders would knock me into outlaw which i would not be able to compete in. I do wangan with the sr20det works great, nice center of gravity...just right i think.

To all of those who think the rb20 or rb25 is the best engine to put in an sr20det , have you ever done wieght comparisons? full engine tear downs, piston and rod balnce, wieght and specification tests and checks? Have you raced both in all arenas of racing? and done real bare Knuckle comparisons? I have had eperience with both. I prefer sr20det for the novic and intermdiate driver and in my opinion the rb20 is not worth the trouble, the rb25det is good for sub 450whp levels and the rb26 is the best option but only for advanced driver or intermdiate who plans mostly wangan or top speed racing...

this is my opinion based purly on first hand experience with all of the above stated engines...

The h22 is nice but how many competitive honda drag racers and road racers are swapping out their b20 vtec and b18s for them? Not many, same in japan the sr20det is more favored for everything in s chasis. Just my opinion. All excellent power plants and power making platforms tho...saying that the rb has more potential for power is completly unfounded, im waiting for ngr performance in florida to get some ACTUAL dyno numbers down for the stock internal rb25. The rb26 yes is superior in everyway to sr, but rb25 is different, not as strong internally, i have seen both engines inside. Not the same, similar but not the same. The sr20det has been proven in the united states first hand to be capable of 600whp on stock bottom end for extended periods of time, i have pushed over 350whp on stock head gasket for more than a year at a time before...and raced on them every week...There needs to be more HARD proof from reputable tuners. I do have an rb26dett powered s12 in the works for wangan and drag in the near future the rb26 enegin in king the head design is also far superior to the rb25 and rb20 depending on model.

Another note on rb25det i saw in the "drift" auto magazine passed out at d1 the one with "d man" on the back an article with mark slide squads s13 coupe wiht rb25det, it said he has 400hp? is this a dyno number? has the car ever even been dynoed? this is the kind of irresposible reporting i expect from these kind of editorials by members of motorex but i mean this is completley unfounded. Is this a flywheel guestimate? be wary of the hype out there guys its thick like a cloud of mustard gas and i feel myself gagging everyday...
Old 03-12-2004, 05:29 PM   #17
stp9154
Zilvia Member

stp9154 is an unknown quantity at this point
2JZ-GTE. Sorry for being off the topic.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:36 PM   #18
The ROMAN
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
The ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
KA24DET Cheaper than both, Greddy turbo kits are now like $2,800 and rebuilding a $300 KA would be more fun (to me anyway) then just dropping in an overpriced SR/RB. Plus support for the KA-T is expected to increase. But, to be on topic, SR over RB because of the extra weight. I'm into drifting/autoX more than drag/wangan so I'll take light weight and faster revs over 650HP+ potential.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:03 PM   #19
nightwalker
Nissanaholic!

nightwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
then you'll appreciate the fact that the SR w/it's turbo system is lighter than the NA KA. (It was the factor in my own plans)
Old 03-12-2004, 06:32 PM   #20
The ROMAN
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
The ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yeah I figured as much (all aluminium). KA-T is Cheapo Dorifto, plus if the engine blows you can another one for nothing
Old 03-13-2004, 08:00 AM   #21
Ghettokracker71
Post Whore!

Ghettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ghettokracker71 Send a message via Yahoo to Ghettokracker71
Quote:
Originally Posted by stp9154
2JZ-GTE. Sorry for being off the topic.
I wanna see that in an AE86 .....heh heh,that'd be badass

EDIT:Whats the difference between a GTE and a 2JZ-A80(Does that one even exsist?)
Old 04-19-2004, 11:05 AM   #22
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
i like the ca18det in the s13 better than the rb25 or rb20. Just pesonal opinion, i like the way the car feels when its light in the front.

-steve
Old 04-29-2004, 03:46 PM   #23
JtWo
Zilvia Addict

JtWo is a jewel in the roughJtWo is a jewel in the roughJtWo is a jewel in the roughJtWo is a jewel in the roughJtWo is a jewel in the roughJtWo is a jewel in the roughJtWo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to JtWo
The 2JZ-GTE swap into an AE86 has been done, Jap Peoples do it for Drag racing. Theres no such thing as a 2JZ-A80. Maybe your confusing the Supras chassis code. JZA80 for the MKIV supra.
How is the RB series engine the best engine ever? Lol. The stock USDM 2JZ can take it(The USDM 2JZ is the best 2JZ, even better than the JDM Supra RZ's engine.)
Old 04-29-2004, 06:36 PM   #24
goofynick6
Leaky Injector

goofynick6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to goofynick6
There's a guy over on the NICO board who hit 597whp from his stock internals (aftermarket cams only) RB25, and another guy hit 490whp with his stock internals RB20...

The RB20 is a bit lighter than the RB25, mostly because it uses a lighter transmission, is easy to install, and I picked up my whole swap for under $1000. I'm doing RB20 because they sound 10x better than an SR, it can make the power "I" want (~350whp) and I could afford it.

Turbo'ing the KA is cool if you want 250-275whp, but if you want more, you have to build the engine, in which case, a stock rb25 is better off than that or a stock rb20 and it doesn't weigh that much more than the KA did in the first place.

Anyhoo, just my opinion.

Nick
Ground Control Coilovers, Koni Yellows, Rear strut brace, Subframe spacers, 17x8 and 17x9 Racing Sparco wheels, Pro-Car Racing seats, Stainless clutch line, Axxis Ultimate pads, Energy Susp. Bushing Kit, S15 front

Engine Mods: 11lb Fidanza flywheel, XTD 6 puck clutch, 65mm TB, Custom intake manifold, Hybrid FMIC kit, T3/T04E 57 trim turbo, Tial 38mm wg, 3" downpipe with 3" electronic cutout, 550cc injectors, Z32 MAF, EPROM Emulator, Wideband, HKS bov, etc
Old 04-29-2004, 06:55 PM   #25
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynick6
There's a guy over on the NICO board who hit 597whp from his stock internals (aftermarket cams only) RB25, and another guy hit 490whp with his stock internals RB20...

The RB20 is a bit lighter than the RB25, mostly because it uses a lighter transmission, is easy to install, and I picked up my whole swap for under $1000. I'm doing RB20 because they sound 10x better than an SR, it can make the power "I" want (~350whp) and I could afford it.

Turbo'ing the KA is cool if you want 250-275whp, but if you want more, you have to build the engine, in which case, a stock rb25 is better off than that or a stock rb20 and it doesn't weigh that much more than the KA did in the first place.

Anyhoo, just my opinion.

Nick
actually Nick, there are quite a few people running around with stock internal KA turbo's that are putting out somewhere in the 350-300 rwhp range. You just here more about the idiots that did not get there fuel system setup right and blew there engines.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 04-29-2004, 07:25 PM   #26
goofynick6
Leaky Injector

goofynick6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to goofynick6
Haha...I guess I haven't been reading up about them as much lately. I guess, though that at those levels, the engine is pretty much maxed out until you build it. For some people that's cool, it all depends on what you prefer: revvability, exhaust note, max power levels..etc.

Nick
Ground Control Coilovers, Koni Yellows, Rear strut brace, Subframe spacers, 17x8 and 17x9 Racing Sparco wheels, Pro-Car Racing seats, Stainless clutch line, Axxis Ultimate pads, Energy Susp. Bushing Kit, S15 front

Engine Mods: 11lb Fidanza flywheel, XTD 6 puck clutch, 65mm TB, Custom intake manifold, Hybrid FMIC kit, T3/T04E 57 trim turbo, Tial 38mm wg, 3" downpipe with 3" electronic cutout, 550cc injectors, Z32 MAF, EPROM Emulator, Wideband, HKS bov, etc
Old 04-30-2004, 10:53 AM   #27
Ghettokracker71
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtWo
The 2JZ-GTE swap into an AE86 has been done, Jap Peoples do it for Drag racing. Theres no such thing as a 2JZ-A80. Maybe your confusing the Supras chassis code. JZA80 for the MKIV supra.
How is the RB series engine the best engine ever? Lol. The stock USDM 2JZ can take it(The USDM 2JZ is the best 2JZ, even better than the JDM Supra RZ's engine.)
Thanks I appreciate the info! USDM take an RB? Wrong-o buddy. See Best Motoring:Ultimate 6. Also see Best Motoring:Supra MKIV vs. Skyline GT-R V-Spec II. Geuss who wins? RB26DETT,thats why the RB is known as godzilla NOT the 2JZ.

As much as I love 2jz's,....
Old 05-21-2004, 03:29 AM   #28
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71
Thanks I appreciate the info! USDM take an RB? Wrong-o buddy. See Best Motoring:Ultimate 6. Also see Best Motoring:Supra MKIV vs. Skyline GT-R V-Spec II. Geuss who wins? RB26DETT,thats why the RB is known as godzilla NOT the 2JZ.

As much as I love 2jz's,....
2jz
rb26dett
sr20det...
3sgte

all beautiful all a dream to drive
Old 05-22-2004, 12:32 AM   #29
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71
RB=best motor ever
second the motion
Old 05-22-2004, 01:30 PM   #30
Sirikool

Sirikool is an unknown quantity at this point
RB is just going overboard.