Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-18-2007, 12:57 AM   #1
Powered by Jay
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Powered by Jay is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Fuel Pump slows down when Headlights are on.

Does anyone else notice their fuel pump slowing down when you turn on your headlights? I have a walbro hp fuel pump so it was easy to hear. When I switch the headlights on the walbro sound drops a note.
Could it be my alternator not providing enough current or is this normal?
Powered by Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2007, 10:27 AM   #2
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Sounds like your alternator isn't putting out proper amperage.

I'd also suggest hardwiring your fuel pump if you haven't.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:34 AM   #3
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Welcome to Nissan wiring.

I too would suggest checking your Alternator, re-wiring your pump, and double checking every ground you find just for good measure.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:38 AM   #4
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
After working on others cars, nissian wiring is great.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:42 AM   #5
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oh, I'm not saying it awful. Just that most of these cars have a few years and many miles under their belts. Grounding points seem to be the first to go. That's all.

Perhaps I just worded myself poorly.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:54 AM   #6
jobestudios
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I hope if you guys are hardwiring your fuel pumps you are at least using a safety relay.

-Jackson.Vaughn.Photography-
jobestudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:06 AM   #7
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powered by Jay View Post
Does anyone else notice their fuel pump slowing down when you turn on your headlights? I have a walbro hp fuel pump so it was easy to hear. When I switch the headlights on the walbro sound drops a note.
Could it be my alternator not providing enough current or is this normal?
why not put a volt-meter to it and check the voltage its receiving. check your battery post, and also check your alternator output.

this is not something you just wonder about, this is something that you TEST, my friend, with a meter.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:37 PM   #8
jobestudios
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
why not put a volt-meter to it and check the voltage its receiving. check your battery post, and also check your alternator output.

this is not something you just wonder about, this is something that you TEST, my friend, with a meter.
Well thats just a crazy notion...

-Jackson.Vaughn.Photography-
jobestudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:02 PM   #9
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to UNISA JECS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobestudios View Post
Well thats just a crazy notion...
No...thats just flat out un-zilvian!
UNISA JECS is offline   Reply With Quote