Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:44 AM   #1
thedecapitator
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
thedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lost cellphone how to activate..

so i found a sprint phone and all i want to do is swap my old phone number with a sprint phone i found...except when i went to the sprint store they said the phone was still "active" :: the phone i found:: but i still couldnt make any phone calls :: on the phone i found that supposedly was active::

so what the heck i guess they reported it as "lost"

right??

my MAIN QUESTION IS... how long will it take for me to get the phone activated???

i heard it takes up to 3 months to be under the "lost" category and then i can swap my phone number because the phone wont be "active" anymore
thedecapitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2008, 11:28 AM   #2
jackjack
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
jackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
what phone do you currently have?

i'm pretty sure sprint phones use sim cards. if thats the case, swap sim cards and you'll be good to go.
jackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:36 AM   #3
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjack View Post

i'm pretty sure sprint phones use sim cards. if thats the case, swap sim cards and you'll be good to go.
no, they're like the only phone company that DOESN'T use sim cards. sprint is stuck in the 90's, hard.

so let me get this straight, OP. you "found" a phone that's still active.. you know, all phones have tracking numbers. maybe if you "found" the phone, you should turn it over to sprint so they can return it to its owner.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:38 AM   #4
Silvia_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Silvia_S13 is not welcome here anymoreSilvia_S13 is not welcome here anymoreSilvia_S13 is not welcome here anymoreSilvia_S13 is not welcome here anymoreSilvia_S13 is not welcome here anymoreSilvia_S13 is not welcome here anymoreSilvia_S13 is not welcome here anymoreSilvia_S13 is not welcome here anymore
and if you found it, they wont put ur number on it lol. they blacklist all lost/stolen sprint phones for over 2 years. so people like you can't go using other peoples stuff.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:38 AM   #5
jackjack
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
jackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
no, they're like the only phone company that DOESN'T use sim cards. sprint is stuck in the 90's, hard.

really? damn, talk about stoneage.
jackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #6
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
And what has been said is true with lost/stolen phones, their Serial Numbers are not able to be activated again once they've been placed on that list, sometimes even if the original owner calls to tell the company that they've found or recovered it.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:50 AM   #7
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Quote:
really? damn, talk about stoneage.
Verizon is like that too.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:52 AM   #8
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240trainee View Post
Verizon is like that too.
yeah, it makes getting the phones you want an obscene chore. sprint also refuses to use GSM for god knows what reason. it's completely ridiculous, i can't wait for my contract to expire. because i want to use this.

oh yeah. brick stylin' and profilin'. if they make some sort of belt clip for it, it'd be everything i'd ever want.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GSM-Classic-Mobi...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 04-08-2008, 12:31 PM   #9
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
Quote:

Nope, sprint and verizon are cdma. No sim cards. If you want some good karma you'd return the phone to the owner. It shouldn't be hard to track down. Sprint should have a thing on their web site to let you activate a phone. I know verizon does.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #10
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
I just gave you 2 more red squares

My day is complete
Old 04-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #11
thedecapitator
BANNED

thedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choices
nah im not going to return it..im sure all u guys wont return shit either

i was just wondering how long it takes to activate a phone taht was reported lost

so uhm ya 2 yrs is too long to wait ha
Old 04-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #12
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedecapitator View Post

i was just wondering how long it takes to activate a phone taht was reported lost

so how nice of a phone is it, thief?
Old 04-08-2008, 05:55 PM   #13
Mi Beardo es Loco
Nissanaholic!

Location: A place where boob jobs ruined the best thing about being a fat chick.
Mi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfection
return it. I'm sure you'll be thankful if someone returned a very expensive phone if you lost yours. Don't be a dick.
Mi Beardo es Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:59 PM   #14
RiversideS13
Zilvia FREAK!

RiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RiversideS13
karma.... it will get back to you. you should return it
RiversideS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:00 PM   #15
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
some red for you, for not wanting to return the phone. dick!

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:02 PM   #16
Brandon
Leaky Injector

Brandon is on a distinguished road
I think you should just return it, you won't be able to use it anyways and it'd be the nice thing to do.

You got some red from me too.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:09 PM   #17
BustedS13
Post Whore!

you've got red on you.

at any rate, if you want to return the phone and still be a cockhole, call the home number on it and ask for a cash reward.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:06 PM   #18
rainier
Nissanaholic!

rainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to rainier
just wondering, what kind of phone did you find?

rainier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:18 PM   #19
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to 90KAcoupe
im just wondering where u found the phone.. and what phone is it.. i know this is a shot in the dark but i lost my phone snowboarding in NC is the samsung that looks like the LG that every verizon owner has had with the speakers on the side....
Old 04-08-2008, 08:54 PM   #20
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Quote:

I read your posts and was like must be some 16yr old kid. You're 27?! Ahahaha. Pathetic! I picture you like this at the moment.

Karma's a bitch bud.

Remember that.
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:57 PM   #21
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD View Post
I read your posts and was like must be some 16yr old kid. You're 27?! Ahahaha. Pathetic! I picture you like this at the moment.

Karma's a bitch bud.

Remember that.
why why why why why why....

...did that fucktard have to be a cards fan
Old 04-08-2008, 08:59 PM   #22
sb253
Zilvia Member

sb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to sb253
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD View Post
I read your posts and was like must be some 16yr old kid. You're 27?! Ahahaha.
Karma's a bitch bud.

Remember that.
I did the same thing! I was like...he must be 16....went up and checked....27?? Dudes older than me

weak
sb253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:21 PM   #23
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Damn dude...you should really return the phone. How would you feel if you lost your phone and someone found it and started using it?

You won't be able to use the phone once the serial number has been blacklisted on the Sprint network.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:59 PM   #24
WilloW
Zilvia FREAK!

WilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to WilloW Send a message via Yahoo to WilloW
You'll get yours someday. Karma's a bitch. God forbid if you lose more than a phone and someone don't want to return it.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:50 PM   #25
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Man, the worst part of losing a phone is losing all your stored numbers. Return that shit and stop being an asshole. Its gonna be a paperweight soon anyways when the owner reports it.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:02 AM   #26
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
at 27 you should be able to afford a new phone, if not you fail at life
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:32 AM   #27
thedecapitator
BANNED

lighten up panzies its a old model flip up cellphone scratched up and beat up
i had to get a damn battery and some cables to charge it
dont hate...thats all u guys do is just hate for ex. u guys hatting on downshift sideways for getting unemployment wtf!! u guys are a bunch of tight asses

and just for the record i found the phone on my way to some backyard fights they hold for $$
so for the person who posted up no its not ur phone unless its an old beat up phone scratched up old model flip up that u may find in an alley hahhahaah
Old 04-09-2008, 01:41 AM   #28
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
So the phone matches your personality and quality of life

Woohoo!
Old 04-09-2008, 01:49 AM   #29
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Quote:
thats all u guys do is just hate for ex. u guys hatting on downshift sideways for getting unemployment wtf!!
wat?

thehellareyoutalkingabout.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:57 AM   #30
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

dvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enough
sprint uses cdma, they dont use sim cards. They register the phone by ESN so if its reported stolen, its pointless to keep it. Used phones are so cheap on craigslist and ebay if you just want the basic stuff. Just return the damn phone.
dvdevo is offline   Reply With Quote