Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 06:33 PM   #1
DunG HAB SP

Trader Rating: (0)
DunG HAB SP is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
G-Dimension want some input

So i came across this
http://g-dimension.com/spthmo.html
G-Dimension is having a special on a red top s-13 swap for $2800
just got my taxes and am really thinking about it. Whats your opinion on the shop and the price?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2008, 06:36 PM   #2
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
hmm you should search.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:22 PM   #3
StaticX27
Zilvia Junkie

StaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond repute
They're a pretty decent shop, but they take forever. $2800 installed is pretty decent, but you can probably get it done faster for a little bit more through Garage Boso or Shutoko Engineering
Old 03-17-2008, 04:37 AM   #4
tschad
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
tschad is making a name for him/her selftschad is making a name for him/her selftschad is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
g dimension does take kinda a long time to do a swap.

but they do great work, great Quality, and 2800 is a pretty fair price.

nice shop, if anything you should atleast go down there and check out there shop.

great people 2.

talk to donney.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:09 AM   #5
mayco_86
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
mayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
G Dimension does a great job. They will make your swap look nice. I definately would do it with them.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #6
quentinchan
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
quentinchan is making his/her stupidity well-knownquentinchan is making his/her stupidity well-knownquentinchan is making his/her stupidity well-knownquentinchan is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
G Dimension is a great shop. They have been in business long enough to know everything that go on with SR. They also stand behind their products. Even I am up in Seattle now, I still call James to get parts that i need. Yea but sometimes, they are pretty slow with swap though. But would you rather have a shop that rush up your car or spend time to actually work on your car?
Old 03-17-2008, 09:48 AM   #7
StaticX27
Zilvia Junkie

StaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond repute
There's a difference between taking your time to do it right and working on 100 cars and taking 3 weeks to do an SR swap. Shutoko's swaps generally come out better than G-dimensions, IMO, and they have them done in a few days. Not to mention they're right down the street from G-dimensions. Not downing G-dimensions, just they tend to bite off way more than they can chew.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #8
wylin
Zilvia Addict

wylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud of
I think G-dimension is excellent shop for a street car project, james has been around doing swaps since 1993 and is probably the best person in socal to trouble shoot 240sx with.

Pricing wise that is quite fair and while g-dimension takes a while they tend to do a very good job electrically/ wiring harness. Thats why i'd use them, mechanically u can always change things around to make it cleaner or messier but the wiring james and his ppl do is very good and hard to compare.

I should know my s14 was wired by him in 2002, and he figured out Air Conditioning on it. And i ran it for 30k miles and for 6 years.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #9
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
G-Dimension is good. James has other people do the work (Steven, etc.) but will occasionally jump in when he has time. I had g-dimension work on my s14 and I also had them price out a quote for my s13 sr swap. They added a few parts that I didn't request which drove the price up considerably so I went with Marco at sr20store because of the price. He also does all the work himself and he does excellent work.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:36 AM   #10
driftage240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
driftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to driftage240
stfu james

fuck that ima talk shit...johnston is a rapiest..he charged my cousin 7400 and change !!!to pull his existing sr from on chasis to another.....i was already wired up...installed H.g, same STOCK head bolts,tomei manifold,a fucken MIT elbow,down pipe, megan junk cat back and a tomei 2 way..at huge mark ups and some cheep hids..the wireing on his fucken fans was junk..he blows fuses all day cause faulty wiring, ...car ran like shit...took it to g deminsions trouble shot it .runs amazing after..bunch off junk hoses they installed.. not work the 7500 imo...james is the type of person that will take a loss on an install to get thing in order for his cutomers....james,steven,donny and hank rock!..only shop i trust my car at!!so ya ranting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticX27 View Post
There's a difference between taking your time to do it right and working on 100 cars and taking 3 weeks to do an SR swap. Shutoko's swaps generally come out better than G-dimensions, IMO, and they have them done in a few days. Not to mention they're right down the street from G-dimensions. Not downing G-dimensions, just they tend to bite off way more than they can chew.

Misty blu is coming 4 you!
Old 04-13-2008, 03:17 AM   #11
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Not a review and a thread already exists.
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=130694