Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:44 PM   #1
A PUNK

Trader Rating: (0)
A PUNK is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Ksport Coilovers??? opinoins

I am looking at a set of Ksport Kontrol Pro's for my 240 and wanted the opions of others before buying...
A PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2008, 05:03 PM   #2
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
I have a few friends who ride on them... Some S13 and some S14. Only one (Out of about 7 or 8) have complained about them.
They all drift competitively on them. So I would say that they aren't bad?
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:02 PM   #3
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
they are alright.

i would recommend them for an entry level coilovers... if your really on a budget. But if you don't mind waiting for that next pay check i would say pick up stance GR+ you will be alot happier with them
Old 12-06-2008, 07:13 PM   #4
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i just got my GR+'s today they are going on tommorro. They look great!
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #5
BoostedCoupe
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
BoostedCoupe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i got ksports. i like them. they are nice and stiff. But the dampers are fully stiff in the rear and medium in the front. They also go really low.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:11 PM   #6
Moon Ill
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Moon Ill is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've got them.

They are pretty good for the price.

The only complaint I have is the plastic piece that goes in between the spring and the top of the shock came out on 3/4 coil-overs. I don't know if it affects performance, but you can hear the spring rotating when turning sometimes due to metal on metal contact.
Moon Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:17 PM   #7
armand
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
armand is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to armand Send a message via Yahoo to armand
i have a set k sports on my car,my car is a dd and i have no complaints with them. they are good for the price
armand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:17 PM   #8
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
yea they were my 1st set of coilovers... they really aren't as horrible as some ppl try to make them out to be. But all the ones who talk the most shit about them have never driven a car with ksports installed.

similar to the whole welded diff situation ....
Old 12-06-2008, 09:31 PM   #9
BoostedCoupe
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
BoostedCoupe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
yea they were my 1st set of coilovers... they really aren't as horrible as some ppl try to make them out to be. But all the ones who talk the most shit about them have never driven a car with ksports installed.

similar to the whole welded diff situation ....
Thats the truth. People alsways had negative things to say about a welded befor i got one. Its not near as bad as everyone says it is.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:29 PM   #10
A PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
they are alright.

i would recommend them for an entry level coilovers... if your really on a budget. But if you don't mind waiting for that next pay check i would say pick up stance GR+ you will be alot happier with them
I would go for more expensive or better coilovers but waiting for that next paycheck won't matter. My checks are only about $400 - $600 and that is only over the summer. Being that it is school time for me I am in school for 7.5hrs and usually at hockey for 1 to 2 hrs and then I have work sometimes. I am also only 17 so I can't really get one of those amazing paying jobs. haha
Thanks for the advice though, I'll keep it in mind.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:49 PM   #11
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
it's almost 5 years of DD my ksport. i have no complaints.

i love the camber adjustment on the knuckle.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:42 PM   #12
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
They suck. I rode in a car with them and dampening was horrible. The car became unsettled very easily.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:33 AM   #13
A PUNK

What do you mean by, "Unsettled"... Like bouncy as fuck? or just plain obnoxious?

"For now I will stretch out my hand, that I may smite thee and thy people with pestilence; and thou shalt be cut off from the earth"
Old 12-07-2008, 12:56 AM   #14
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Enough to make you lose control of the car in mid drift or on a turn if you hit a bump, pothole or other road undulation

Old 12-07-2008, 05:13 PM   #15
A PUNK

Do you know what kind of K's they were?

"For now I will stretch out my hand, that I may smite thee and thy people with pestilence; and thou shalt be cut off from the earth"
Old 12-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #16
adrians_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (29)
adrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adrians_s13
I've heard a lot of bad reviews on k-sports. Not only do that have crap valving (as what usdm180sx was referring to), but they blow easily too (I know 2 people that had their dampers fail already). Albeit, they had pretty good customer service and their dampers were replaced under warranty, but regardless of warranty, I'd rather have quality and not have to worry about the hassle of replacement.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:44 PM   #17
A PUNK

What would you or anybody else in this forum recommend for Coilovers? Note that my budget for these is only $800 to low $900's

Old 12-07-2008, 09:09 PM   #18
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrians_s13 View Post
I've heard a lot of bad reviews on k-sports. Not only do that have crap valving (as what usdm180sx was referring to), but they blow easily too (I know 2 people that had their dampers fail already). Albeit, they had pretty good customer service and their dampers were replaced under warranty, but regardless of warranty, I'd rather have quality and not have to worry about the hassle of replacement.
the old ones may blow easily

but i deliberately put my ksports through absolute hell

i hit every pot hole i could..... never blew had them for a whole year... prolly put about 10k miles on them

the dampening is crap but its not super shitty... i mean they best ride was full stiff... best grip, least bounce, most stable
Old 12-07-2008, 09:53 PM   #19
A PUNK

Question What do you think about these KSports???

This is a Picture of the KSport Kontrol Pros that I am thinking about getting, And Here are the Specs...
__________________________________________________ ___
36-way adjustable dampening
Made from high quality 6061 Aluminum with T6 for increased hardness
Compression/Rebound adjustable
Adjustable spring perch for height adjustment
Adjustable body allowing maximum suspension travel
Pillow Ball Top Mount w/ adjustable camber (not available for some models)
Monotube High Pressure Design reduces oil leakage
Electroplated body for protection from corrosion and rust

(click on picture for enlargment)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2865_b.jpg (87.4 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by A PUNK; 12-07-2008 at 09:54 PM.. Reason: forgot detail, sorry
Old 12-07-2008, 10:26 PM   #20
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Just try them out for awhile if u already bought them. But take a ride in a car with some higher end coilovers set up correctly and you'll feel the difference. Some nice affordable coilovers are stance, silkroad or kts.

Old 12-07-2008, 10:31 PM   #21
blackrms13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
blackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blackrms13
Quote:
Originally Posted by A PUNK View Post
What would you or anybody else in this forum recommend for Coilovers? Note that my budget for these is only $800 to low $900's
for that price
look into Megans, PBM

or just save a lil more and get Stance
Old 12-07-2008, 11:32 PM   #22
Z33dori
Post Whore!

megans are pretty much just like ksports..

i actually prefer ksports over Megans...

idk may have been the way the kid had them set up but they were garbage.

but yea after driving a S14 on Stance GR+ i was 100% convinced to sell my k's
Old 12-08-2008, 05:50 AM   #23
A PUNK

Do you know where to get Stances cheaper than other places? I found the KSports for 845 and don't mind to go up to 945 if they are avalible.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:58 AM   #24
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Truth about K-Sports? - Mazda Forums
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:45 PM   #25
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A PUNK View Post
Do you know where to get Stances cheaper than other places? I found the KSports for 845 and don't mind to go up to 945 if they are available.
i've seen several set of GR+ and even a few sets of GR+ Pro used for 900-950shipped usually only 1k-2k miles on them, sometimes less than that.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #26
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
K-Sport Valving wicked sucks.

not even a question.

but i suppose they get the job done, they won't hold you back for a while, you'll want something better later though.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:27 PM   #27
A PUNK

Yeah, I am just going for beginner. Since I am a beginner to dry surface drifting.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:32 AM   #28
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
the valving is beyond mere suck.
if you check the link i posted above you'll see the the shocks are so different its no exaggeration to say its like having totally different shocks on each side of the car.

http://www.msprotege.com/members/Jef...FrontFinal.jpg
http://www.msprotege.com/members/Jef...tRearFinal.jpg

what these graphs show is
for the front, the shocks have similar damping when shock 1 is set near full stiff and shock 2 near full soft.
for the rear, the ranges do not overlap at all. shock 1's full stiff is softer than shock 2 full soft.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:15 AM   #29
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpoopy View Post
the valving is beyond mere suck.
if you check the link i posted above you'll see the the shocks are so different its no exaggeration to say its like having totally different shocks on each side of the car.

http://www.msprotege.com/members/Jef...FrontFinal.jpg
http://www.msprotege.com/members/Jef...tRearFinal.jpg

what these graphs show is
for the front, the shocks have similar damping when shock 1 is set near full stiff and shock 2 near full soft.
for the rear, the ranges do not overlap at all. shock 1's full stiff is softer than shock 2 full soft.
^ too, too true

on soft they feel like shitty spring and shock combo... possibly cut springs.

full stiff they ride very decently