Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My Name is Old Glory

I have attended quite a few retirement ceremoies in the last few months for Marines who have served their country for 20+ years, some as many as 34 years. During the ceremony a flag is presented to the retiring individual while a Poem set to music is played. The Flag is folded and passed from one Marine to another, each a higher rank then the last, until it reaches the retiring Marine. Each Marine salutes the Flag and then slowly, methodically, passes it on the next. It has some real meaning to it, and is a powerful statement for someone who has given 20 or more years of their life to defend the flag and what it stands for. I thought I would share that very poem in this time when many people choose to focus solely on the negatives of our government and the War in Iraq. This is for the troops, and their familys and friends.

I am the flag of the United States of America . . . My name is Old Glory.

I fly atop the world's tallest buildings. I stand watch in America's halls of justice. I fly majestically over great institutes of learning. I stand guard with the greatest military power in the world.

Look up! And see me!

I stand for peace, honor, truth, and justice . . . I stand for freedom . . . I am confident . . . I am arrogant . . . I am proud.

When I am flown with my fellow banners . . . My head is a little higher . . . My colors a little truer. I bow to no one.

I am recognized all over the world. I am worshipped . . . I am saluted . . . I am respected . . . I am revered . . . I am loved . . . And I am feared.

I have fought every battle of every war for more than 200 years . . . Gettysburg, Shilo, Appomatox, San Juan Hill, the trenches of France, the Argonne Forest, Anzio, Rome, the beaches of Normandy, the deserts of Africa, the cane fields of the Philippines, the rice paddies and jungles of Guam, Okinawa, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Guadalcanal New Britain, Peleliu, and many more islands.

And a score of places long forgotten by all but those who were with me.
I was there.

I led my soldiers . . . I followed them . . . I watched over them . . . They loved me.

I was on a small hill in Iwo Jima.
I was dirty, battle-worn and tired, but my soldiers cheered me, and I was proud.

I have been soiled, burned, torn and trampled on the streets of countries I have helped set free.
It does not hurt, for I am invincible.

I have been soiled, burned, torn and trampled on the streets of my country, and when it is by those with whom I have served in battle - it hurts. But I shall overcome - for I am strong.

I have slipped the bonds of Earth and stand watch over the uncharted new frontiers of space from my vantage point on the moon. I have been a silent witness to all of America's finest hours.

But my finest hour comes when I am torn into strips to be used for bandages for my wounded comrades on the field of battle . . . When I fly at half mast to honor my soldiers . . . And when I lie in the trembling arms of a grieving mother at the graveside of her fallen son.

I am proud.
My name is Old Glory.
Dear God - Long may I wave.

By Howard Schnauber

This is not an open invitation to voice your opinions on how bad our Government/President/Military/Tactics/Etc. is.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2007, 04:25 PM   #2
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
:salute:

mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:29 PM   #3
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
*present arms*
Old 01-13-2007, 05:50 PM   #4
deadpirate
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
deadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to deadpirate Send a message via Yahoo to deadpirate
very nice. thank you to all those who serve to protect our country
Old 01-13-2007, 06:45 PM   #5
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Ugh...retirement ceremonies; Don't remind me.

Nothing but respect for military retirees but I'm the Ceremonies NCOIC for Fort Carson and your thread just reminded me how much of a pain they can be to execute.

Well, enough with the negativity.

Cool poem.

:Salute:
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:45 PM   #6
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
No matter what your political views, or opinions, on any aspect of recent events in the world. Each and every person in uniform, past or present, deserves to be remembered with gratitude and respect for their service and sacrifice.

+1 for them all.
mRclARK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:04 AM   #7
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Been to a retirement lately?

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:57 PM   #8
HPKMotorsports3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
HPKMotorsports3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Semper Fi...
HPKMotorsports3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:18 AM   #9
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
DUDE!!!!! stop bumping old ass threads.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #10
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
This is one isolated case in which its okay.

*salute*
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:32 PM   #11
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
ya I gotta admit its a strong poem. We may not be perfect, but we are the United States, the greatest country and social experiment ever taken on by mankind.
Nowhere else in the World or in time, has such a blending of culture, on this scale ever been attempted and actually pulled off.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:15 PM   #12
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
heavenboundkevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
<- sideboy at retirement about 1 month ago. yay.
heavenboundkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:14 AM   #13
LimeLite Racing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
LimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
DUDE!!!!! stop bumping old ass threads.
Really?! It's a thread well worth bumping.