Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-14-2004, 07:04 AM   #1
tastyratz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
tastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tastyratz
convert your car to 5 lug for 300 bucks

ok guys on my journey browsing the internet today look what i found
http://www.technotoytuning.com/t3_si..._adapters.html

they sell s13 wheel adaptors to do a 4-5 lug conversion. and its 300$ for all 4 wheels. I will accept sexual favors from your girlfriends as gratitude for my finding...
Old 10-14-2004, 07:17 AM   #2
MakotoS13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
is using these a sound alternative to actually getting attain hubs?
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 07:55 AM   #3
gogeeta13
Zilvia Member

gogeeta13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to gogeeta13
are the studs replacable?

Seems like a steep price for such a bandaide fix/solution.

1993 Altima SE

-------------------------
1993 240sx Base - SOLD
[Blacktop and such]
1992 240sx Base - SOLD
[Road Race/Auto X Beast]
1993 240sx Hicas - SOLD
2001 Xterra SE V6 4x4 5 speed - SOLD
gogeeta13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 08:06 AM   #4
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wheel adapters are as safe as running bolt on spacers... because that's exactly what they are.

You're kind of boned if you get them, though. The whole point of going 5-lug is getting a better choice of wide, deep dish wheels. With 32mm of spacer, a wide deep dish wheel will stick out cholo style. Your 17x9 +15s will become -17s. haha.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:07 AM   #5
slydin240

slydin240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to slydin240
I would not suggest running adapters. I work at Player Wire Wheels and we sell alot of conversion adapters and they are junk. You have to bolt the adapter to the vehicle and then bolt the wheel to the adapter. Too many connections for something to go wrong. We have some that are cast and they actually can get hairline fractures in them. We also have some that are billet that are much better but the studs are pressed in and can not be replaced. Since I have been dealing with these adapters I would spend the money and do the hub conversion the right way and buy the proper hubs.

CONVERSION ADAPTERS
slydin240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:32 AM   #6
legin2
Leaky Injector

legin2 is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to legin2
Quote:
Originally Posted by slydin240
I would not suggest running adapters. I work at Player Wire Wheels and we sell alot of conversion adapters and they are junk. You have to bolt the adapter to the vehicle and then bolt the wheel to the adapter. Too many connections for something to go wrong. We have some that are cast and they actually can get hairline fractures in them. We also have some that are billet that are much better but the studs are pressed in and can not be replaced. Since I have been dealing with these adapters I would spend the money and do the hub conversion the right way and buy the proper hubs.

CONVERSION ADAPTERS
I dissagree, I have alot of friends with these adapters and they have been using them for a while and they work fine.
legin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:45 AM   #7
CoasTek240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
CoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CoasTek240
i wouldnt trust bolt on adapters... its just that much more you have to worry bout.
CoasTek240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 10:25 AM   #8
AutoRnD
Post Whore!

AutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to AutoRnD
what sucks about adapters is that you cant get the deep lip that you normally want w/ the 5 lug conversion

Nardi, Enkei, Stance, AME Master Distributors for USA

Check Out Our Facebook!
AutoRnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 10:28 AM   #9
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

I remember a story told about a friend of mine who used JDM tyte wheel adapters on his 240... only to see one of his rear wheels roll past him in traffic one day. No hard driving or drifting, either!
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 10:40 AM   #10
tastyratz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
tastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tastyratz
its true but these are billet and they look nice so I wouldnt be TOO worried about running them. This would be something thats probabbly ideal for people who wanna run overly positive offset 5 lug rims on their car and just have a decent offset on them as well. i just figured id let this out in the open because somebodys gotta have old rims kickin around or ones they want they just cant get in a low offset 4 lug...
Old 10-14-2004, 10:48 AM   #11
nightwalker
Nissanaholic!

nightwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
I've driven hard on billet adapters before and have had no problems. It's up to the person installing them to make sure they're on correctly. Hub centric helps too.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:05 AM   #12
CoasTek240
Post Whore!

CoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CoasTek240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ard josh
what sucks about adapters is that you cant get the deep lip that you normally want w/ the 5 lug conversion
well that, and you cant run true 5 lug z brakes... you gotta do the 4 lugger thing....ewwww
CoasTek240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 11:38 AM   #13
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
i would just need a pair for the front... 25mm doesnt sound too bad i guess...
Old 10-14-2004, 12:16 PM   #14
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
well for finding something that is ghetto how about for a sexual favor you can lick my ass?
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 02:17 PM   #15
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastyratz
ok guys on my journey browsing the internet today look what i found
http://www.technotoytuning.com/t3_si..._adapters.html

they sell s13 wheel adaptors to do a 4-5 lug conversion. and its 300$ for all 4 wheels. I will accept sexual favors from your girlfriends as gratitude for my finding...
if u think these are new, you are wrong. these are old. wow 32mm! sucks. i will accept sexual favors form your gf for letting u know this.
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:23 PM   #16
MasterOFDrift
Zilvia Addict

MasterOFDrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MasterOFDrift Send a message via MSN to MasterOFDrift
forget about drifting with those adapters man, my friends 4 lug HUBs are dmg'ed from heavy drifting you think a "billet adapter" can handle that shiz i don't think so. IF you want to run the cheap alternative and watch your wheels roll off your car go for it. only thing i can see this useful for is .. . show yay go you!!! lol
MasterOFDrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:40 PM   #17
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOFDrift
forget about drifting with those adapters man, my friends 4 lug HUBs are dmg'ed from heavy drifting you think a "billet adapter" can handle that shiz i don't think so. IF you want to run the cheap alternative and watch your wheels roll off your car go for it. only thing i can see this useful for is .. . show yay go you!!! lol
How has your friend damaged his normal hubs drifting? That makes no sense.

I run 30mm non-hubcentric wheel spacers with Z32 wheels and go to track events, drift in the mountains, etc and have never had a problem. I know plenty of other people who have run bolt on spacers and have never had a problem. It's all about torqueing down your wheels to spec and checking them when you are in the pits at the track. The same can be said for running proper wheels on the hubs but it's less of a concern.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:57 PM   #18
d r i f t swift
Zilvia Junkie

d r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the rough
for the people who are against these.. have you ever tried running them? seems like everyone is just going off of what people have said about them. ive been running a billet set for over 4 years on my car and havent had ANY PROBLEMS.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:11 PM   #19
AutoRnD
Post Whore!

AutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to AutoRnD
actually..
I HAVE THE SAME EXACT SPACERs..

From T3...
We bought them..
tried them...
didnt like them...
sold them...

And now bobbyboy has them...

One of the things that i dont like is the fact that for 4-5 lug you have to cut one of your stock studs.. also.. another problem was that the holes for the stock lugs were too small and i was not able to tq the supplied bolts down past 50 lb ft before it started stripping.. and since this is a car for drift.. i wasnt very settled with that.

Nardi, Enkei, Stance, AME Master Distributors for USA

Check Out Our Facebook!
AutoRnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 05:19 PM   #20
240Stilo
Junkie

240Stilo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 240Stilo
I run spacers. Don't like'em. One more variable to the shit that can go wrong equation. I've had the studs come loose which then almost made my wheel fall off on the freeway. Had to take them back to the shop and have them weld the studs to the spacer. No problems since then. Just retorqing every now and then and they've been fine. Still gonna go with OEM 5 lug conversion, but that's just cuz I want wheels wider than 8."
Old 10-14-2004, 06:44 PM   #21
Zemus
Nissanaholic!

Zemus is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Zemus
10mm bolt ons, 250 a pair, but hey, you can run alot better wheels.

http://jspec.com/gto45spacer.html
Zemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 07:11 PM   #22
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
no thanks, i'd spend three times that in a heartbeat for the peace of mind that new hubs provide.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:24 PM   #23
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Funny how all you guys are trying to go five lug for cheap by buying these spacers. If you threw down a little extra, you could get used OEM hubs. I went 5 lug for my S13 including new S14 balljoints from PDM, z32 rear ebrake assembly and rear rotors for around $350 but that's because I shop around. And if you counted the extra set of rear hubs that I bought just to sell, I did it for around $300. If you wanna be a cheap 240 owner and have cool shit, you gotta be smart and jump on good deals when you find them.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 08:49 PM   #24
wylin
Zilvia Addict

wylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles

I remember a story told about a friend of mine who used JDM tyte wheel adapters on his 240... only to see one of his rear wheels roll past him in traffic one day. No hard driving or drifting, either!
could it be one of the owners of a zilvia.net advertiser shop... =X
Old 10-14-2004, 09:56 PM   #25
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastyratz
its true but these are billet and they look nice so I wouldnt be TOO worried about running them...
I could build a set out of cardboard that 'look' nice, what does that have to do with it?

"Hey mang, you better torque those adapters, they might fall off."

"Naw, have you seen them, they look really nice. They'll be fine."

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 10:02 PM   #26
MakotoS13
BANNED

why the hell do people cheap out when it comes to the four things that connect you to the road?

freakin pathetic.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:02 PM   #27
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert
Funny how all you guys are trying to go five lug for cheap by buying these spacers.
Heh, I don't think anyone but the original poster has actually expressed interest in buying these. I wouldn't, but I have no need for spacers or 5-lugs for that matter.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 10:04 PM   #28
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
im still waiting for my ass licking damnit
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 01:15 AM   #29
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
i been thinking about it.. its the same thing as bolt on spacers... Alot of cars in option mags rock em, as well as majority of the D1 cars. Im sure with maintanence they would be good. Im just interested in maybe a set for the front since i have a z32 rear in my possesion.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:20 AM   #30
phrozen
Zilvia FREAK!

phrozen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to phrozen
id rather spend like 200-300 more for 5lug and get that extra 25mm and put it towards wheels with a nice lip

Please do not put your sig pic back if it exceeds this.
-Moderation
phrozen is offline   Reply With Quote