Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-06-2005, 08:39 AM   #1
silviaz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
silviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The best exaust on the market

I have a Apexi N1 exaust, I like it, but it sounds like a fart-can to me. The other problem is I have a KA24DE, so no turbo. The question is, is it possible to have a crazy sound with that engine ? If yes, can you tell me the model ?

Ps: I have a 2.5 inch exaust line
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2005, 10:39 AM   #2
orion::S14
Nissanaholic!

orion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud of
Put on a *real* N1 catback...no more "fart can" sound for you.

80mm exhaust is good for your N/A KA...dyno'd, tried and trued.

Other than that...any of the 3" / 80mm exhausts will give similar gains - "...a 3" pipe is a 3" pipe is a 3" pipe"...you know?

Buy a catback, especially one with a resonator...and it will sound MUCH better.

- Brian
Old 06-06-2005, 11:28 AM   #3
nismo skyline
Zilvia Addict

nismo skyline is a well-known jackass
yea get a catback, i had a apex n1 dual on my old s13 and it sounded very nice. loud but not annoying.
nismo skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 11:31 AM   #4
Project D
Zilvia Member

Project D is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Project D
Does anyone run the Espelir exhuast? If so, how loud was it? What is the fitment like? I am probably going to buy this or the hyper medallion Tanabe, haven't decided yet......
Project D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 11:35 AM   #5
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
THERE IS NO BEST
damn
custom. cheapest 3" if you want a n1 muffer get an apex'i one
you can get mandrel bend w/ a resonator

my custom exhaust (not w/ the apex'i gayness) was about 200 bucks
3" w/ resonator
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 11:37 AM   #6
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaz
I have a Apexi N1 exaust, I like it, but it sounds like a fart-can to me. The other problem is I have a KA24DE, so no turbo. The question is, is it possible to have a crazy sound with that engine ? If yes, can you tell me the model ?

Ps: I have a 2.5 inch exaust line

describe your exhuast in more detail

for example..

stock manifold, stock piping to cat(or test pipe), 2.5 inch catback with or without resonator to real or fake apex muffler
Old 06-06-2005, 11:50 AM   #7
Project D
Zilvia Member

Oh by the way, my exhuast setup will be with a downpipe and an outlet pipe as well. Any help after this guy's question is answered is appreciated..........
Old 06-06-2005, 11:55 AM   #8
zaneithan
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
zaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
im running the blitz nur spec on a ka24de and love the sound of it, it doesnt resemble a "fart can"

1993 240sx fastback (wrecked)
1991 240sx SE fastback Daily Driver status
1992 240sx fastback (???)
1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 Coupe (sold)
zaneithan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 12:39 PM   #9
biggie
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
biggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to biggie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project D
Oh by the way, my exhuast setup will be with a downpipe and an outlet pipe as well. Any help after this guy's question is answered is appreciated..........
The only thing I can tell ya is I have the Tanabe SMR and love it. Currently on NA KA and it is loud without the silencer, but has a very deep sound.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:59 PM   #10
clean
Zilvia Junkie

clean is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to clean
this is a retarded thread, silviaz what the hell are you asking? you already have an apexi n1 w/ 2.5" piping right? so my guess is any other exhaust other than a rsr exmag or blitz realize tt will be louder than the one you have now.
"The question is, is it possible to have a crazy sound with that engine ? If yes, can you tell me the model ?"
so do you want a loud exhaust or quiet, want loud get a buddy club gt2, basically a straight pipe w/ a small resonator. how bout just a ssautochrome, they dont put resonators on them and the are stainlesss and cheap

Project D make your own post or just search and what the hell does this mean?
"Oh by the way, my exhuast setup will be with a downpipe and an outlet pipe as well. Any help after this guy's question is answered is appreciated.........."
flippn' a Kipp
clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 01:54 PM   #11
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Man, just go out and buy an ExMag. Its sleek, stocklooking, gives HP, and everyone wants it.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 11:22 PM   #12
Project D
Zilvia Member

biggie, thanks for the post. Thought about running that Tanabe exhuast as well. Seems like the N-1 style is kinda played-out. Clean, I was merely giving a little more info on my exhaust to see if anyone had any noise problems when running the larger diameter piping. Just "describing my exhaust in more detail.." I figured since this was an exhaust post, it was only fitting to describe my exhaust when asking a question on exhausts. For some reason, I wasn't able to make my own thread at the time (page cannot be displayed screen) so I asked my question on a thread closely related, clearly saying to answer this guy's question first. I'm sorry if that confused you. Just needed a little feedback before going any further with the pruchase of my exhaust components.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:51 PM   #13
Ricks15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
Ricks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
One of the best exhuast you can get is the one you can make don't bother wasteing you're time and money on a full system. Just do what I did I got a HKS Hi power universal muffler and then I just went to my local muffler shop and had them run a 2.5in straight pipe from the cat and let me tell you that thing sounds insanely loud but I doubt that I will pass the feaken smog. But oh well im really happy with my custom exhuast system.
Ricks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 01:28 PM   #14
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
<wouldnt run any n1, jdm muffler.. rather have one custom made, with a race muffler and resonator, easy 200 bucks, plus u get to run any kinda tip u want.. and would sit more flushed..
Old 06-07-2005, 01:51 PM   #15
raen419
Zilvia Member

raen419 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raen419
best exhaust is open header....hahaha
raen419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 03:13 PM   #16
silviaz
Zilvia Junkie

silviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by westboroughpimp
describe your exhuast in more detail

for example..

stock manifold, stock piping to cat(or test pipe), 2.5 inch catback with or without resonator to real or fake apex muffler

2.5" exaust line, stock engine, stock resonator i suppose, vibrant catalizer (not 100% sure...), apexi n1 exaust.

I think a catback will do the work.

My setup is not loud at all, it's only at high RPM it is. I'm searching for something like a VR6 sound. (you get the picture...) I know it's not a 6 cyl, but anyway... I have to hear before buying! It's the key!
Old 06-07-2005, 03:14 PM   #17
silviaz
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneithan
im running the blitz nur spec on a ka24de and love the sound of it, it doesnt resemble a "fart can"

My friend have this one, it sounds very good, but it's on a sr20det.

BTW, I can't really be streight pipe cuz the cops don't like that!! If I had a muscle car, anytime... they don't waste my time with that but I own a japanese car so...
Old 06-07-2005, 03:41 PM   #18
coldfire07
Zilvia Member

coldfire07 will become famous soon enoughcoldfire07 will become famous soon enoughcoldfire07 will become famous soon enoughcoldfire07 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to coldfire07
How loud does the Exmag sound compared to stock when being floored?
coldfire07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 04:05 PM   #19
SOLDIER [X]
Zilvia Junkie

SOLDIER [X] is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by sochbat
Man, just go out and buy an ExMag. Its sleek, stocklooking, gives HP, and everyone wants it.
i'm with him

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfire07
deeper tone then stock but not loud and annoying.
SOLDIER [X] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 04:16 PM   #20
coldfire07
Zilvia Member

coldfire07 will become famous soon enoughcoldfire07 will become famous soon enoughcoldfire07 will become famous soon enoughcoldfire07 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to coldfire07
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'SOLDIER [X
deeper tone then stock but not loud and annoying.
Perfect, I know what I'm buying.
coldfire07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 06:01 PM   #21
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
If you like a Deep hum, like stock, ExMag (buy mines!)

If you like a Deep rattlecan, Folgers coffee can, welded onto a 3" pipe.

ExMag is like the ninja of exhausts. Doesn't stand out, looks normal, but gives proven HP, and shoots ninja stars. Can't beat a Ninja.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 06:36 PM   #22
Project D
Zilvia Member

So does the exmag basically sound the same as the other sleek looking exhausts from Japan?(Worlds sport, SP2, Hyper) If so, it sounds like a good deal. Can you get hat in full stainless steel? That will be key for someone that lives in the mountains.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:30 PM   #23
trackstar
Leaky Injector

trackstar is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a long shot, but...does anyone have a sound clip of an ExMag on an SR20DET?
trackstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 11:00 PM   #24
Ricks15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
Ricks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
IF you want a bad ass sound make you're own exhaust just buy the HKS HI POWER muffler it is the best. TRUST ME
Ricks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:45 PM   #25
AllenRPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

AllenRPS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG
THERE IS NO BEST
damn
custom. cheapest 3" if you want a n1 muffer get an apex'i one
you can get mandrel bend w/ a resonator

my custom exhaust (not w/ the apex'i gayness) was about 200 bucks
3" w/ resonator

absolutely agree! there is NO BEST exhaust
AllenRPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:38 AM   #26
docrice
Zilvia Junkie

docrice is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to docrice
your engine tone changes dramatically when you put a header on it...it's gonna sound a lot deeper and a lot less raspy than just a catback if you get a header (hotshot) and have a FULL 2.5"/3"/whatever exhaust...
Old 06-15-2005, 11:28 AM   #27
twong85
Zilvia Member

twong85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to twong85
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfire07
If you're running it on a KA, at WOT its very very loud. I have set off every car alarm in my 4 floor parking structure once.
twong85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 11:29 PM   #28
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
NI Yon zenki runs espilir on his S14, extreme deep tone, actually get backpressure pops and burps because piping is so big and straight thru. here's another note, KA's are just loud motors, NA of course thats a giving they will be loud. plus its gay you went with shitty uber small piping<<<(reason it has fart can sound) dorp that ish, and pick up 3-inch piping!!!

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 12:25 AM   #29
BOMEX180
Zilvia Junkie

BOMEX180 is an unknown quantity at this point
IM pretty much happy with my trust DD