Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 02:26 AM   #1
lv-180sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
lv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
is this a possible way to register a JDM S14?

alright, i can get a RHD S14 shipped here for a good price, but the problem is registering it, here's my idea but it's illegal. first you buy a shell 95' S14 (so your still OBD1) with a clean title, and you get the person to give you a bill of sale. next you use the door/ dash vin #'s on the RHD car, by taking them out of the shell and riveting them in the RHD car. now you junk/ part out the shell that the vin #'s came out of and you have a registerable RHD S14 with a U.S. title but was "converted to RHD". is it possible to do this??
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2005, 04:51 AM   #2
projekt_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
projekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to projekt_s13
i dont think anyone is gonna answer this due to the fact that its "illegal"

sorry for not answering ur question

Old 08-05-2005, 04:53 AM   #3
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Its possible. Illegal too.

Waste of money IMHO.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:38 AM   #4
chlatboy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
chlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would do it. Mite take a while but its the easiest way to do it. Just dont get pulled over. Cops dont like right hand drive.

Old 08-05-2005, 05:55 AM   #5
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Sil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Abc
if u get a RHD its like driving with an exhaust in cali.... ull constantly get pulled over :P
Old 08-05-2005, 06:45 AM   #6
IES13
Zilvia Member

IES13 is making a name for him/her selfIES13 is making a name for him/her self
Not in Cali....
Old 08-05-2005, 07:07 AM   #7
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Is it time for this thread again?

And I write too!
Old 08-05-2005, 09:28 AM   #8
SirWarrior
Zilvia Addict

SirWarrior is an unknown quantity at this point
You are going to part a perfectly fine S14 just to have the mad tyte RHD???
WTF???
There is a easier way and LEGAL to drive that car in US.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:26 AM   #9
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
rivet the VIN plate on? wouldnt that be kinda obvious? I think some welding would be required
Old 08-05-2005, 10:33 AM   #10
PROJECTRB240SX
Zilvia Junkie

PROJECTRB240SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Vin Plates Are Just Pop Riveted Into Place, And Laser Etched Into The Firewall, Frame, And Many Other Places.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:43 AM   #11
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
register as a kit car.. nuff said.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:46 AM   #12
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Don't waste your time... 'Nuff said

And I write too!
Old 08-05-2005, 11:52 AM   #13
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
no need to be an ass.. posting on the forums looks like a waste of your time.. look at your stock ass car.. so no need to be tellin people "waste of time" or "not this thread again"... not everyone wants a stock car ok.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:09 PM   #14
Mike Wazowski
Leaky Injector

Mike Wazowski has a little shameless behavior in the past
It's been done with S15's registered as S14's, R33's registered as Maxima's.

It's very doable.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:17 PM   #15
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
why??? just get a us spec s14 drop whatever in it. what the fuck u need a jdm car for? you wanna go to shows? or show off?
Old 08-05-2005, 01:12 PM   #16
ZK
Zilvia FREAK!

ZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her self
My friend has a California legalized RHD Integra Type R. I have no idea the process since he got it already legalized but it has the original 10 digit JDM VIN registered on the pink slip. No kit car or US VIN swap... straight clean registered as a Integra.

He is selling it...
Old 08-05-2005, 01:31 PM   #17
s14 blacktop
Zilvia Member

s14 blacktop is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s14 blacktop Send a message via MSN to s14 blacktop Send a message via Yahoo to s14 blacktop
there is a list that customs has of whats legal to import and whats not, you can do some searching around and find some info on registering your car oh and if nothing works out and you switch vins sell me yor old car I need parts..

just playing it safe, it is illegal to swich vins.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:33 PM   #18
JaeTea
Zilvia Addict

JaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to JaeTea
Quote:
here's my idea but it's illegal
What the hell???

.............idiot. :hammer:
Old 08-05-2005, 09:36 PM   #19
JDMs13
BANNED

JDMs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to JDMs13
^^^ Fo' Sure
Old 08-05-2005, 09:39 PM   #20
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

All this to have what would be seen as quite possibly the COOLEST mail delivery car in his city

And I write too!
Old 08-05-2005, 09:41 PM   #21
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek
no need to be an ass.. posting on the forums looks like a waste of your time.. look at your stock ass car.. so no need to be tellin people "waste of time" or "not this thread again"... not everyone wants a stock car ok.
Excuse me, mr high and mighty, this was about the cash and effort wasted in legalizing a RHD car when the money could be realistically spent on the modification of an already US road legal car... What does MY car have to do with that?

And I write too!
Old 08-05-2005, 10:18 PM   #22
IES13
Zilvia Member

IES13 is making a name for him/her selfIES13 is making a name for him/her self
I only know that Motorex can do the conversions on Skylines and I believe maybe the Siliva....
Old 08-05-2005, 11:26 PM   #23
S_14.5
Zilvia Member

S_14.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
in order for you to have the shell here in the U.S. you have to get it tested at customs...dot...blah, blah, blah. you'll see a lot of parts sitting in the custom's warehouses where they liquidate or trash these illegal items.

Not too many people will want to be your R/I or provide you with a custom's power of attorney..that and once you sign the custom's declaration form and you get caught, then you're really screwed...

if you really want a rhd s14, just register it in the u.s. for track use only.

illegal=time
Old 08-05-2005, 11:48 PM   #24
CaoBoY
Zilvia Addict

CaoBoY is making a name for him/her selfCaoBoY is making a name for him/her self
waste of time and money, because you need to change ALL the glass, front and rear bumper supports, if the door has crash impact support those have to be on, headlights, taillights, emissions, all for DOT reasons. no point in doing it unless you want it just as a track car, which you dont need to go through all this dot crap to LEGALLY own it. you just cant drive it on the street or you will get it impounded, and probably never see it again. its pretty :ghey: to want to import a car to be cooler than everyone else. just buy the sr20 since thats what you want, and if you get pulled over with that in ur car, its way easier to swap, than trying to explain why ur car has illegal vin's on it. also, when you get rid of a chassis, again, 'legally' you have to provide the title of the car, as the company, say pick n pull, will take the title and legally buy the shell from you. so...just dont do it.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:02 AM   #25
chlatboy
Zilvia FREAK!

chlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enough
Try it and tell us how it goes.

Old 08-06-2005, 04:18 AM   #26
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
if u truely want a rhd legal, why not get a 95 in the first place and do a rhd conversion. it has been done. plus u can get his car anyways. it would be easier to weld on the vin, but at least it closer to being legal
Old 08-06-2005, 06:51 AM   #27
BoostInnovations
Zilvia Junkie

BoostInnovations is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BoostInnovations
Quote:
Originally Posted by IES13
I only know that Motorex can do the conversions on Skylines and I believe maybe the Siliva....
yeah cause we all know motorex is awesome that is if its even around at all anymore...i havent heard for awhile...i know the owner went back to japan and had ties to the japanese mafia supposedly...
Old 08-06-2005, 07:02 AM   #28
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
you could actually try legalizing the RHD by swapping a few US 240sx parts in. Theres a guy in the New England area i believe with a real RHD Silvia. He said he bought an 240sx parts car and started swaping parts over and thats how he got it legalized.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:22 AM   #29
Sil Beer S13
Zilvia FREAK!

Sil Beer S13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sil Beer S13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek
register as a kit car.. nuff said.
dude come on. even if you passed it off as kit car. you could only drive on the weekends or to an event.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:53 AM   #30
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
why isnt this thread locked yet.................... u know whats dope and cutting edge... buying a RHD car and converting it to LHD, then youd be legit jdm tyte yo
Closed Thread