Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-01-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Tire reviews

Why don't we have a thread about this...?

I guess this would be off topic...but I don't know it still has to do with our cars right?

Anyways I was wondering if anyone has used Yokohama S-Drives?

I'm gonna use them in the front of my car primarily for drifting.

Do they grip well? OK? If not I'll just get new RT615s.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 01:19 AM   #2
95se
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
95se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well, since your title is tire reviews I'm going to say what I have even though its not the tire your asking about.
I have been driving on Kuhmo ASX stock size for 2.5 yrs now and they are a great everday tire. They are Z rated but Asymmetrical so they still last good for a high performance tire. Wears evenly and not terribly noisy. Excellent dry/wet traction. Does hydroplane but not as much as the old Kuhmo Supra 712's did.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:16 AM   #3
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post

Anyways I was wondering if anyone has used Yokohama S-Drives?

I'm gonna use them in the front of my car primarily for drifting.

Do they grip well? OK? If not I'll just get new RT615s.
John @ City Tire uses those personally on his own cars. I overheard him recommend them to a guy with an Evo when I was at the shop. He said they grip well in wet and dry. I'm sure he will chime in soon enough.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:23 AM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cc0rd View Post
John @ City Tire uses those personally on his own cars. I overheard him recommend them to a guy with an Evo when I was at the shop. He said they grip well in wet and dry. I'm sure he will chime in soon enough.
Yah but for drifting purposes...id stick with the RT615s up front.

I just ordered a pair of Dunlop Star Spec Z1 for the front. These tires were tested by tire rack and they liked it better than the infamous Neova AD07s.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:31 AM   #5
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Yah but for drifting purposes...id stick with the RT615s up front.

I just ordered a pair of Dunlop Star Spec Z1 for the front. These tires were tested by tire rack and they liked it better than the infamous Neova AD07s.
Yea I forgot to mention that the s-drives were a recommendation for a daily driver.

Also, I've been hearing really good things about the Maxxis Victra Z1. Something about them being on par with Neovas as well...
Old 02-02-2009, 07:16 AM   #6
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
John at City Tire recommended the S. Drives to me as well, for primarily a daily driver that will see some track usage. He said he likes the S. Drives better than FK452s, and I know Simba aka Kidynamite (Grip Gambler) uses FK452s up front and he likes them. So if S. Drives are better than FK452s, then they must be pretty awesome.

Although, I am seriously thinking about going with Z1 Star Specs up front... but again, I need some feedback on how S. Drives are in the back of the car, since I don't want to end up picking a tire that will put me in understeer city when I go to drift...
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #7
xs240
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
xs240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've got rt-615 azenis on mine, they are really nice tires, great price too, however, they are more something I'd use for autox/daily than track days as they overheat/grease after a while...

I am looking forward to testing Dunlop Direzza Star Specs but not until I use up my set of azenis.
xs240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:01 AM   #8
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
ive used the s.drives for drifting and grip. for fronts and rears.

they're awesome. come in a whole shit ton of sizes. never used rt615s though, so cant compare.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:12 AM   #9
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
kumho ecsta asx - very good daily driving/spirit driving.. great grip on dry as well as wet and holds up well in 1-2 inches of snow..
aziankingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:15 AM   #10
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
I've seen some pics of folks with DZ101 up front on their cars for drift. How are those?

I'm looking to do 215/40/17 / 235/40/18 stagger, looking for something up front that will not promote understeer and something in the rear that will last awhile (like the FK452 supposedly).

Probably do something like S. Drive all around FK452 rear w/ S. Drive up front. Maybe even Z1 Star Spec up front.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Right now I'm running Hankook RS-II's up front for daily, and track. They work really well, better than the RT-615 IMO.

I also like the Federal 595, but then, who doesn't? lol.
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:34 AM   #12
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
i havent tested TONS of tires, but i've tested a few. All my review's will be for drifting no grip/daily/wet reviews.

BFG KDW-my fav of all the tires i've used so far, grip is excellent, treadwear is even and smooth, they can deal with high temps, dont chunk, and smoke like mothers. great on front or rear.

Toyo proxes T1-R, 2nd fav, used them on fronts they gripped like hell, wore evenly, rears were just as nice, nice smoke, even wear, great grip, and heat didn't phase em. My sig pic is using these

Falken FK452's, 3rd fav (of tires i've used so far) good smoke, good grip, even wear, wears faster than KDW's though. overall i liked them alot for rears, never used on fronts

Michelin Pilot sports (not PS2's) these tires suck for fronts or rears, chunk like hell, chord really bad, for grip they might be okay but i didnt like them for drift. next to no smoke. if you run the rears backwards (directionally but pointing to the rear) they wear more evenly for some reason. wierd i know, but its just what i've tested.

Bridgestone Potenza RE050a- These tires are a great street tire but once they get a good bit of heat in them they chunk and strip off pretty bad. very little smoke, uneven wear, overall i hate them for drift rear, never used them on front but probably worse.

Nexan N3000- decent tire, cheap price, decent smoke, decent grip, decent tread wear, but get greasy as hell with alot of heat in them. okay for budget drifting or for KA powered cars IMO.

Dunlop FM901 -tried them on fronts only and liked them alot, good grip, not as much as KDW but nice. wore evenly, dont know about smoke and heat etc.

really looking forward to trying out Dunlop Z1 Star specs and/or Nitto NT01's for fronts.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #13
Leetheslacker
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Leetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i know nexens have no smoke or grip, but im ka so whatever. i want some cheap 17's to slide on.

where do you guys get yours? do any localish shops carry them or do you order them online?

ive used 595ss's on both my fc and s13. i ran them all around on the fc and up front on the s13. i like them. great grip for how much they cost. dont do too bad in rain or snow either.
Leetheslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #14
pink godzila
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (226)
pink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 226 reviews
^^^ I use 595's as well.. they are cheap and pretty good tire for everyone!
pink godzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:12 PM   #15
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
595s suck a dick
i fucking hate those tires
delamenate, chunk, grip for piss.

for tires ill stick with RS-R federal. Dunlop Direzza, Advan Neova, Bridgestone RE01r, Maxxis Z1 drift

all those tires: have a lot of grip. come in variety of sizes, dont chunk, dont get greasy, and last quite a while (mostly teh AD07 and the Z1 Drift)
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #16
KA240SX808
Zilvia Addict

KA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to KA240SX808 Send a message via MSN to KA240SX808
I have the Nexen N3000 A.A. and as far as Grip, there is none, I have 235's out in the back and My Near stock KA w/ I/H/E can make them give w/a quick clutch kick in 2nd. Also Wet grip just sucks ass, I would never buy them for anything more then drifting...
They do last pretty long though...
* PigNose SMIC Grille/Vent P# 62697-44F00 *
LMK What you guys got
KA240SX808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #17
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo240R View Post
I have the Nexen N3000 A.A. and as far as Grip, there is none, I have 235's out in the back and My Near stock KA w/ I/H/E can make them give w/a quick clutch kick in 2nd. Also Wet grip just sucks ass, I would never buy them for anything more then drifting...
They do last pretty long though...
yeah rock solid tire... literally i barely press on my brake pedal and the fronts lock up and slide when hard stopping. I want to get rid of these tires ASAP!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #18
KA240SX808
Zilvia Addict

KA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to KA240SX808 Send a message via MSN to KA240SX808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
yeah rock solid tire... literally i barely press on my brake pedal and the fronts lock up and slide when hard stopping. I want to get rid of these tires ASAP!!!
+1 the fronts dont even grab, I get mad understeer, I wanna burns these off as quick as I can when I get home and grab some T1R's...
* PigNose SMIC Grille/Vent P# 62697-44F00 *
LMK What you guys got
KA240SX808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #19
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
FALKEN ST-115

one of my favorite all the time

awesome grip !!!

use them on front and rear both
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #20
pink godzila
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (226)
pink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 226 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2135987536 View Post
FALKEN ST-115

one of my favorite all the time

I wish they still made thoese!!!!
pink godzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #21
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink godzila View Post
You can try to order some thru DTD.

They still have them up for sale.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #22
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink godzila View Post

last pair i got was last week...

tire shop in K town still carry them...

never knew they discontinued them
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #23
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I thought they still do? I bought some late last year from discount tire. Maybe they were just selling off their old stock.

ST115 - best drift tire ever! By far my favorite that I've used on the rears for drift. I run RT-615 on the fronts pretty much exclusively.

I've also had good luck with Fuzion ZRi. They don't grip for shit but with a KA they were great and lasted forever. I usually get one event out of a pair and those lasted me two long events. Not sure how they'd do with a lot more power though... probably spinout city.

ZE-512 - bleh. Wear out fast and don't grip well.

595 - lasted a total of 3 runs; delaminated like crazy. Will not buy.
Chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #24
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Does anyone have experiences with Kumho 711?

I hear the sidewalls are soft and they generally suck... But I'm picking up some new ones for $20 a pop so it's worth a shot I guess.
Chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:00 PM   #25
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
People with Federal 595 problems...

Are you only experiencing this with 18s?

I have had tons of pairs on my car as far as 17s are concerned and NEVER had a bad thing happen to them. ever.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #26
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post

I have had tons of pairs on my car as far as 17s are concerned and NEVER had a bad thing happen to them. ever.
you are on a stock KA
if a tire delamates on a stock KA, there is an issue
make some power first.
on a KA you can run any tire and w/ proper pressure and size pretty much have enough grip!
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #27
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
Quote:

To answer your question.
Im running 595SS 235/40R17 reverse. No chunk, last quite a bit.
Power: probably 170 WHP (stock sr)

I hear that the 18s have problems. On FCdrift/chow's orange fc. Doesnt matter if you run it reverse, forward, sideways...still chunks.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #28
JVDSKYRINE
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
JVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:

I have been through about 20 sets of feddy 595s and they have always worn evenly and make good smoke and have decent grip???? don't know how people are having problems with them I have had them in both 17's and 18's I am going to continue rocking these in the rear.

Although I am going to get some RT615's up front or something grippier because I foudn the 595's to be understeer city. I don't get how guys on here are saying that tires with 360 tread wear are grippy tires???
Old 02-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #29
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
All on 17s

Fuzions = Fail

595SS > Fuzion ZR1

595SS is ok...... Best bang for the low end buck...

Ran RT's at AutoX and Track, they were good....

Kumho MX > ASX
RT's > Kumho MX (Don't know how they charge so much for a crappy tire)
D1 StarSpec > RT's
RE01R = D1 StarSpec, RE turn in better but I think D1 StarSpecs grip better.
Hankook RS II's pretty close to D1 StarSpecs
T1R > Above
RA1 > than T1R for sure...

Thats what I say on the track.... I daily the car, but I don't notice any differences...
Old 02-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #30
orion::S14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
orion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Ran RT's at AutoX and Track, they were good....

Kumho MX > ASX
RT's > Kumho MX (Don't know how they charge so much for a crappy tire)
D1 StarSpec > RT's
RE01R = D1 StarSpec, RE turn in better but I think D1 StarSpecs grip better.
Hankook RS II's pretty close to D1 StarSpecs
T1R > Above
RA1 > than T1R for sure...
I would agree, mostly...except that for extended track use (grip)...the RT615's get greasy. So do the Direzza Star Specs, but not as bad. MX's can take all the heat you throw at them.

BUT...Star Specs ARE faster...by a good bit.

For GRIP, using AFFORDABLE street tires:

1) Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec
2) Azeni RT615
3) Kumho MX

In general...but I like MX's better for the hot Florida weather, and shorter, technical road courses.

- Brian