Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-31-2007, 04:26 PM   #1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Let's get Megan to make us a Big Brake Kit.

So who would like to have megan make a bbk for the S13/S14? They have a kit for the EVO and STI. People who have tested said it was great.
http://www.meganracing.com/products/....asp?catid=116

I would be down in a heart beat. Any vendors out there that can push this?

The EVO 4 wheel kit (6 piston front 4 piston rear) can be had for less than $3000.

Go China!
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2007, 04:28 PM   #2
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
gaddamnit.

i wouldnt put ANY megan racing parts on my car. just the name alone makes me want to take a dump.

looks like knockoff bro-tora, which looks like knockoff brembo.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:32 PM   #3
Zilvia FREAK!

0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
gaddamnit.

i wouldnt put ANY megan racing parts on my car. just the name alone makes me want to take a dump.

Dude it's a 240sx not a Porsche. Of course it's a knockoff. Who the fuck cares. On my formula car I have alcons and stoptechs for my evo. My S13 will be getting straight china goodness.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:10 PM   #4
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
Dude it's a 240sx not a Porsche. Of course it's a knockoff. Who the fuck cares. On my formula car I have alcons and stoptechs for my evo. My S13 will be getting straight china goodness.
wtf... what are you trying to say? 240s dont deserve to have good parts put on the car??? That's like saying a porsche doesn't deserve good parts because it's not a ferrari. Well, enjoy your cheap "china goodness." freaken ricer...

Granted, megan stuff isn't known for quality. But, their parts are cheap and they get the job done.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:12 PM   #5
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
I think what he's saying is we can't all be expected to spend 8000$ on a brake system.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:17 PM   #6
DJ_Sunrise
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
DJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJ_Sunrise
$3000 for front and rear big brakes? Fuck that. I'd rather spend an extra hr before every race day swapping in race pads that can handle more heat than paying that much for big brakes. I personally wouldn't pay shit for upgraded brakes because the markup is so fucking high. On principle alone its fucking rediculous. Are there any Toyota calipers and rotors that fit on 240s???

-Bart
DJ_Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:30 PM   #7
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Sunrise View Post
$3000 for front and rear big brakes? Fuck that. I'd rather spend an extra hr before every race day swapping in race pads that can handle more heat than paying that much for big brakes. I personally wouldn't pay shit for upgraded brakes because the markup is so fucking high. On principle alone its fucking rediculous. Are there any Toyota calipers and rotors that fit on 240s???

-Bart
there are lots of Nissan brakes that fit, so why would anyone bother with toyota?

you can get a two-piece, 12.75inch front rotor for less than $300 (each) and use them with 3z calipers (w/ adapter) or 350z brembos (w/ drilling)

and all that is already overkill
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:31 PM   #8
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
wtf... what are you trying to say? 240s dont deserve to have good parts put on the car??? That's like saying a porsche doesn't deserve good parts because it's not a ferrari. Well, enjoy your cheap "china goodness." freaken ricer...

Granted, megan stuff isn't known for quality. But, their parts are cheap and they get the job done.
Lol dude I am the farthest thing from a ricer. I said my s13 is getting megan brakes. I am building a super cheap drift car to rag the shit out of that is my goal for this car. I can't afford to put real JDM parts on the s13, all the money went into jdm parts for the evo. I just bought a Ti front strut bar for the evo that cost me $400. I think I am crazy but I have a different goal with that car which is no expence spared time attack car. I have had many 240sx's in my day some all out and some not. My current one like I said is CHEAP. If I was building my s13 full out for time attacks then yeah I probably would go with something different. If my evo was a dd I would buy the megans. Good god I love the 240sx and have owned one longer than most members on here. Relax people.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:13 PM   #9
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
Quote:

I like your reasoning. If the car is cheap then so are the parts you put on it that keep you from running into a wall.

I wouldn't buy Megan brakes even if they were 200 dollars for the whole damn kit.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:49 AM   #10
BattleRoyale
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
BattleRoyale is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
hilarious hahahahahahaha

If you can't afford the real deal, and don't feel like stealing it off other peoples cars I guess its the way to go

or you could just get z, sti, or evo brembos and do that swap

6 or 8 piston calipers on a car that in most peoples cases is barely breaking 250+ hp (if you have an sr at least w/ some mods) is a little silly
BattleRoyale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:12 AM   #11
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I agree with you, any ways theres no big secret to making brakes, just use the right material, and correct machining,(i sent my email to them.)

Everybrand on earth started as a nobody, ridiculous how people dont see that, just because the brand is new, people wanna call it shit,
i guarantee you in a few more years megan will be all over the fucken place, and deep into the industry
Old 08-06-2007, 05:52 AM   #12
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel25 View Post
I agree with you, any ways theres no big secret to making brakes, just use the right material, and correct machining,(i sent my email to them.)

Everybrand on earth started as a nobody, ridiculous how people dont see that, just because the brand is new, people wanna call it shit,
i guarantee you in a few more years megan will be all over the fucken place, and deep into the industry
Thats RIGHT. And you can be the first to rock'em, y0!@!$!!!!!!!
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:42 AM   #13
Fahaka
Leaky Injector

Fahaka has a spectacular aura aboutFahaka has a spectacular aura aboutFahaka has a spectacular aura aboutFahaka has a spectacular aura aboutFahaka has a spectacular aura aboutFahaka has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

Why would you spend anything near what they are going to ask for this kit when you can get a far superior big brake kit for way less money from here?
Fahaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:03 PM   #14
yudalicious
Zilvia Addict

yudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

For every brand that started as a nobody and made it big, there's probably 2 brands that started and tanked. If Megan has consistantly shown dedication to making quality parts and technical prowess then people wouldn't be bashing them (besides, I hope 3 grand is not the final price, that's ridiculous).
I'm not against Megan, I'd buy some of their parts, but probably not important safety/exact tolerance/highly technical parts.

If in a few years Megan is all over the place, then it'll be because they filled in a niche in the market. Because let's face it, most people in the car scene are just there to follow the trend, they'll buy whatever looks the part.
yudalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:16 PM   #15
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I dont think 3000 would be the price that IS ridiculous.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:29 PM   #16
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Quote:

Thats what they said about APC
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:41 PM   #17
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
Thats what they said about APC
apc i dont even see in autozone anymore or pepboys. but i saw them in napa. lol
Old 07-31-2007, 04:43 PM   #18
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
gaddamnit.

Ditto. Have you seen the broke and half welded suspension part?
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:28 PM   #19
Zilvia FREAK!

The also have a 350z kit.

Email them > http://www.meganracing.com/contact/contactus.asp
Old 07-31-2007, 04:33 PM   #20
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
On the fence.

Yeah, Megan is cheap crap, knockoff stuff...blah blah blah, but I'll be damned they at least make some decent stuff sometimes. And it'd be nice to see some of the kids building 350hp sr20's have the stopping power they need not to kill themselves.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:35 PM   #21
kdashy
Zilvia FREAK!

kdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kdashy
I wouldnt be the first one to buy this, but megan sure is trying.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:38 PM   #22
JDMS1lv1a
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
JDMS1lv1a is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Big Brake Kit for an affordable price..hmm sounds good If you're not $ballin$

although ive heard some bad things about their parts
Old 07-31-2007, 04:56 PM   #23
Zilvia FREAK!

Yup, weld it up and throw it on. lol
Old 07-31-2007, 05:06 PM   #24
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
i just personally despise Megan.

CHEAP CHINESE SHIT. cant make anything worth a fuck. everything they make falls apart.

Attention walmart shoppers..... we got megan racing brake kits on sale! 15. 99
Old 07-31-2007, 05:09 PM   #25
pbcstylez
Nissanaholic!

pbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to pbcstylez
i myself am chinese and wouldnt trust megan for anything, especially not BRAKES!

parking lot pimpin...

Seller Feedback here:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...ight=pbcstylez
pbcstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:12 PM   #26
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
megan racing
MEGAN RACING

that name is so gay

but hopefully megan doesnt make a bbk. megan shit is already all over, i dont want to see that logo or hear that name anymore.

megan racing hahaha
Old 07-31-2007, 05:16 PM   #27
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
if your car comes with stock brembos (As EVO, STi, 350Z track do), why would you put megan brakes on?

people are motherfuckin retarded

3z brakes are already dirt cheap, q45's are even more so, and replacement stock parts can be had for free
Old 07-31-2007, 05:34 PM   #28
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
if your car comes with stock brembos (As EVO, STi, 350Z track do), why would you put megan brakes on?

people are motherfuckin retarded

3z brakes are already dirt cheap, q45's are even more so, and replacement stock parts can be had for free
Megans have a bigger diameter rotor, and 6 piston front 4 piston rear. The stock brembos suckon the EVO!
Old 07-31-2007, 05:57 PM   #29
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Quote:
Megans have a bigger diameter rotor, and 6 piston front 4 piston rear. The stock brembos suckon the EVO!
so an EVO owner should buy a $3000 megan kit instead of just upgrading the pads and rotors? OMG 6/4 pistons!

you own a $35k car and u even think about megans u should be shot

Read about how you fail:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=205273

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=196433

give me the $3k and i'll help stop your car better. Stab the inept owner
Old 08-01-2007, 12:07 PM   #30
snappy
Zilvia Addict

snappy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
So do you want to sell me your Brembo breaks?
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote