Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:13 AM   #1
ShimiBoi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
ShimiBoi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
lets revive the 310 meet!!

the 310 meet at boba loca is kinda dead. i mean ppl are starting to go but there isnt anything open there. does anyone wanna move the meet to torrance crossroads by the in n out? it isnt that far from where the meet is now plus in n out is open til late!! anyone??
ShimiBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2010, 03:14 AM   #2
DP-AE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
DP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimiBoi View Post
the 310 meet at boba loca is kinda dead. i mean ppl are starting to go but there isnt anything open there. does anyone wanna move the meet to torrance crossroads by the in n out? it isnt that far from where the meet is now plus in n out is open til late!! anyone??
problems:

last two meet been really good at the 310 meet. we actually got almost all the original guys there last week. and this week we got a decent sized cruise.

second: any meets that show there that last more than an hour and a half gets fined and ticket'd. happened to my friend once. (VW meet)
Old 10-15-2010, 09:07 AM   #3
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
No.

_________
Old 10-15-2010, 10:16 AM   #4
Jayycob
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Jayycob is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Boba loca is fine. We never get bothered by cops and hondaz never burn the spot, if you want food, just drive down the block get your food, and come share with us =]
Old 10-15-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
LB 180SX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
LB 180SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
^^^ agreed! , the meet at boba loca is picking back up again and its a perfect spot.
LB 180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:34 PM   #6
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Quote:
LOL I never gone to this meet but a meet at In-N-out/right by it I dont think will work out to good.....
Old 10-15-2010, 03:45 PM   #7
jevus
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
jevus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
whare excactly is the 310 boba loca meet. i\ would like to check it out
Old 10-15-2010, 07:42 PM   #8
DP-AE86
Nissanaholic!

DP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2191 View Post
LOL I never gone to this meet but a meet at In-N-out/right by it I dont think will work out to good.....
no it doesnt turn out good. especially since theres a few "hot spots" right next to it.

only meet i know of that has been for a while is a japanese classic car meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevus View Post
whare excactly is the 310 boba loca meet. i\ would like to check it out
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...a-meet-71.html

down the street from in-n-out. crenshaw and sepulveda.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:43 PM   #9
jonnyrx7
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
jonnyrx7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
parking sucks at the boba loca. And never, and I mean never has there been a situation in 4 years that cops cited people at in n out.
jonnyrx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:30 AM   #10
Teddy
Post Whore!

Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyrx7 View Post
parking sucks at the boba loca. And never, and I mean never has there been a situation in 4 years that cops cited people at in n out.
You're kidding, right? Anytime we go there the police show up and kick us out.

There is absolutely no reason to move the meet. It will not move.

End thread.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:46 AM   #11
rob22
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (50)
rob22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
move it...
Old 10-18-2010, 01:54 AM   #12
DP-AE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
parking doesnt suck.
out of the original people if they all show up we can fill one side of the lot. the largest we've ever gotten filled both sides. and there would still be room for like...20 more cars on the side.
it may be small but its a little private meet.
plus police hasnt babysat that place since....who knows how long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob22 View Post
move it...
this meet will NOT move
Old 10-18-2010, 08:36 AM   #13
sileightyfreak
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
sileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sileightyfreak Send a message via Yahoo to sileightyfreak
location is excellent.
close thread.

sileightyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #14
jonnyrx7
Leaky Injector

Boba Loca is dope..but when that meet pops off. Parking is hard to accommodate. I lived literally right next to crossroads and my car is louder than all of yours. (not trying to play ego or devils advocate...just making a point) Alot of meets and higher end cars (STi's, evo's, supra's, etc) would meet there. The cops never kick anyone else (unless doing stupid burn outs and wanna be drifts). Nothing of the nature has happened for 4 years. Every 2 fridays a month there is a meet there for vw's and other lame cars which also has a bunch of stupid drunk highschoolers and their bro trucks hanging out. Now that... is the night the cops are on the prowl...but not for our cars...but the idiots.

Don't get me wrong. The spot is dope... but if the meet were to get bigger (like at one time it was)...and then for it to really grow (because the southbay/310 doesn't have a decent meet) and if multiple enthusiast forums teamed up to have a nice regular meet. Boba Loca is just too small.

And if you want to be pigeon-holed not wanting the meet to grow (im not talking about hondas).. then who would call it a meet? Just a bunch of friends that hang at that given spot.

Stay small....Remain small.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:37 AM   #15
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
Cool

teddy forgot to mention that the taro boba at this boba loco place is rad, and tastes pretty good for a purple milk tea drink, which is really good, and the meet i thought had adequate parking and i think i drove a big honking range rover there when i went. but about the milk tea at this place, keep the location, there is no taro boba at in and out, just fat people(not including myself)

Quote:
Boba Loca is dope..but when that meet pops off. Parking is hard to accommodate. I lived literally right next to crossroads and my car is louder than all of yours. (not trying to play ego or devils advocate...just making a point) Alot of meets and higher end cars (STi's, evo's, supra's, etc) would meet there.
First off for ego, my farts are louder than your car, and smellier too.

and i don't think evos and sti's fall into the catagory of high end, maybe a little higher end than 240sx, but then again the mitsu has a hard time of keeping their value. supra thats a good car, but i still think my farts are louder than your car

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:33 PM   #16
Jayycob
Zilvia Addict

meet isn't going to move have fun at crossroads!
Old 10-19-2010, 12:08 AM   #17
jonnyrx7
Leaky Injector

Haha and people wonder why meets die.

I bet when I was going to the Boba Loca meet you didnt even have a car yet.

And when I was going there both lots would be filled from not just cars but customers as well.

Itd be dead or decently packed. If not crossroads some place else cause the south bay has a nice community of clean cars.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:30 AM   #18
Teddy
Post Whore!

Who are you guys to tell us that our meet needs to be moved? Seriously. The location is fine, we've never had a night where we had issues with not enough parking spots. NEVER. What makes you think that's going to change?

Go to crossroads if you want, but we're staying at our current location.

Tell you what.... how about all of you that are complaining (which by the way, I don't know who ANY of you are) come to the meet and try to overcrowd it with 240s on any given night, and we'll think about moving.

Sound fair?
Old 10-19-2010, 02:40 AM   #19
joshchewuhh
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (56)
joshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joshchewuhh
it wouldn't make a difference if we moved it down the street, the fact is that this meet is dead! def not like how it used to be. If anything this is just a place for the old 310 peeps to meet up and hangout considering were all doing our own things nowadays.

Move the meet to where ever the hell you want to, the only people who matter to me are the old school 310 peeps with the acception of a few new heads!
Old 10-19-2010, 04:28 AM   #20
ShimiBoi
Zilvia Member

Cool

whoa...such hostility. i never meant to upset or offend ppl. i was just wondering if anyone would be interested in moving the meet to a different location. somewhere where there is food and we dont hav to drive to get anything. no offense...but i just got boba 2 meets ago and the boba was bunk as s**t . i had better boba from a cart. plus ive gone to meets at torrance crossroads for years and not once have i seen anyone get pulled over or cited just for being there, behaving. all i was trying to do was to give the 310 a decent meet that had a better (imo) location. so like i said...i was just asking to see if anyone wanted to move it..thats it. not trying to take over anyones meet or make anyone mad, but whats the big deal about moving it down the street? anyways, it was jus a suggestion.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:01 AM   #21
Jayycob
Zilvia Addict

^its cuz the suggestion was stupid. Everyone is fine with boba loca. If you want to move from boba loca, then go ahead and start one elsewhere. close thread
Old 10-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #22
Teddy
Post Whore!

The thing is, we HAVE met up at the In-N-Out before after being kicked out of the Food-4-Less and we were then kicked out of Cross Roads which led to our current spot.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:02 PM   #23
jonnyrx7
Leaky Injector

Shimiboi was exactly to the point. Food 4 less etc meets were stopped due to the rise of street racer meets on monday and friday nights. On the spectrum other cars get alot of more attention and I was just inferring that there isn't a good meet in the 310 anymore. why not have THIS meet GROW and expand with other nice cars (cause there are alot of clean 240's and other cars in the area). Boba Loca is really cool...not hating at all. And not trying to be hostile. But alot of people don't know about it, and when the spot was cool (2 years ago) that parking lot was getting packed. (If you don't know me, im sorry i used to roll with a few 240 friends of mine and I drove the only white FD there).

Anyway... again not to have the meet pigeonholed and how it could grow into a nice gathering of sick import cars (not hondas). Would be a positive. But all of these people are so quick to get pissy over their small little meet. Its ridiculous. Anyone that knows me, knows im not a dick. I was just agreeing with the original posters suggestion.

I've been meaning to cruise past the meet and say whats up but with all of this negative quick response and no one open minded. Turns me away and im sure will turn other car owners away. I doubt the guys I used to go with are still going anymore.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:18 AM   #24
dallaceseiuli
Zilvia Junkie

dallaceseiuli is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Anyone that knows me, knows im not a dick. I was just agreeing with the original posters suggestion.

I BEEEEEGGGGG to differ. Not about agreeing with anyone but the other part.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:22 AM   #25
jonnyrx7
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaceseiuli View Post
I BEEEEEGGGGG to differ. Not about agreeing with anyone but the other part.
dude, you dont know me.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:03 PM   #26
Teddy
Post Whore!

The thing is, we don't know any of you who are suggesting to move our meet. So look at it from OUR perspective.

That's like when Europeans who the Indians did not know came out of nowhere and told them their religion was wrong and needed to be changed.

So come to the meet, hang out with us, see that we're not hostile, close-minded dicks either but that we just don't want people whom we don't know to just come on here and tell us that our meet's location sucks.

I'm a nice guy too, ask anyone.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:18 PM   #27
joshchewuhh
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (56)
joshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joshchewuhh
fuck you teddy your an asshole!

were all backstabbing pricks!
Old 10-20-2010, 03:30 AM   #28
ShimiBoi
Zilvia Member

hey, ive been going to the meet too. me and my friend brian were trying to revive the 310 meet cuz the 562 meets are too far for him (im ryan and i hav the black s13 coupe) i never said that u shuld move the meet, like i said before, it was just a suggestion. you guys came at it too strong and assuming that im a dick and that i want to take over. that isnt it at all, i was just trying to see if anyone wanted to move the meet to a bigger spot that had food. plus i know that saying "meet at torrance crossroads" is more familiar than saying "meet at boba loca" so hey, if u guys dont want to move thats fine with me, it was just a suggestion.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #29
Jayycob
Zilvia Addict

no one is saying you're a dick, its just, the meet is just fine where its at. No one wants to move it cuz we've never been bothered
Old 10-20-2010, 05:13 PM   #30
JDM671
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (37)
JDM671 is close to perfectionJDM671 is close to perfectionJDM671 is close to perfectionJDM671 is close to perfectionJDM671 is close to perfectionJDM671 is close to perfectionJDM671 is close to perfectionJDM671 is close to perfectionJDM671 is close to perfectionJDM671 is close to perfectionJDM671 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JDM671
Staples 310 meet= fail due to street ricers
food for less = almost there due to some muscle cars calling the cops
boba loca= Win! Super lowkey spot. Alot of parking. NO COPS ever showed up.

just my 2 cents

Touke <3
JDM671 is offline   Reply With Quote