Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:55 PM   #1
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Battlefield games thread

so after months/years of not touching these, i have bf2 and bf2142, i got the urge to install em again.. any good mods to check out?

this starwars mod for bf2142 looks sick YouTube - Star Wars First Strike Mod for Battlefield 2142
Old 09-12-2008, 09:55 AM   #2
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
i play bf2 project reality mod is pretty cool
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #3
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
ok ill check that one out, i tried some wwII mods and no one was online.

reinstalled bf2142 but i keep getting kicked by punkbuster upon server entry, did a google search that this game is buggy like that for some people.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
HyperTek
Post Whore!

wow oldschool thread.

Anyways wanted to update.

BF3 is around the corner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA378g_gD1I

I been playing battlefield play4free which is like a updated bf2. It is pretty good and free.

I purchased bad company 2 +vietnam last night since its on sale on EA Store. Maybe i need to sit down and play it more but i like play4free better.

PC only battlefield games are the best imo... I hope the maps in bf3 are huge, im playing bc2 thinking its a console game
Old 04-06-2011, 09:04 PM   #5
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
heavenboundkevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
trailer looks sick. I love bfbc2.
heavenboundkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:36 PM   #6
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
From the gameplay video. It looks like urban close quarter combat (4 man room clearing which I love) but I hope the maps is huge too.

The gameplay showed some crawling/ low prone which excited me.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
flip3d
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
flip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to flip3d
Shit. Time to upgrade my computer.

flip3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:01 PM   #8
lawrenceyang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lawrenceyang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
bf3 looks good. i used to play bf2 everyday after school for forever. good times~
lawrenceyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #9
shishcabobers
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
shishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Modern Combat mod on 1942, freakin awesome mod! Then in the normal game I loved flying planes with the joystick I had, I was an ace.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #10
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
did someone say bf2?

137[CSi] Colonel Stats, BF2S.com

too bad it doesn't track stats anymore, I was so close to becoming a 3 star general. Just didn't want to devote the time any longer.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:52 AM   #11
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
did someone say bf2?

137[CSi] Colonel Stats, BF2S.com

too bad it doesn't track stats anymore, I was so close to becoming a 3 star general. Just didn't want to devote the time any longer.
fuckin stat whore.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:26 AM   #12
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WERDdabuilder View Post
fuckin stat whore.
you saw that kd ratio in jets right, LOL omg I'm getting a boner just thinking about air raping again.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
HyperTek
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBu_tH8muq0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsHIHxYXeLs

Im just affraid it wont be like 1942, vietnam or bf2 due to being designed for console as well.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:18 AM   #14
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
I wish I had some of the vids of the Desert Combat mod for bf1942 of things we did.

I flew the little bird like an ace. Land anywhere, fly any direction, and did it by keyboard.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:32 AM   #15
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I've never played BF. And I didn't play COD:BO either. I got so burned out on FPS when the 360 came out I seriously haven't touched one since Ghost Recon Modern Warfar 2.

I seen the new gameplay trailers for this BF though and I actually got excited. Shit looks so bad ass. I WILL be buying this.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #16
HyperTek
Post Whore!

hey guys try play4free, its pretty good , like BF2 but a lil more updated and simpler to get into, but still same game play
Battlefield Play4Free - Free FPS Online Action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beKtqARJUzg
No deathmatch type game play, always team based capture command posts and guard them .

Exit you would probably like it, its doesn't have that close-combat feel like cod or counterstrike. It feels more open so you can do whatever. Once you learn how to fly a heli or jet you can own with em. Whats cool is when your on foot and a tank or heli comes around, you actually get that fear that your weapons won't do much damage to them so you take cover.

Alot of bf fans hate cod if you read youtube comments, cod kind of dumbed-down fps shooters and made multi-platform a requirement.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:26 PM   #17
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shishcabobers View Post
Modern Combat mod on 1942, freakin awesome mod! Then in the normal game I loved flying planes with the joystick I had, I was an ace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
I wish I had some of the vids of the Desert Combat mod for bf1942 of things we did.

I flew the little bird like an ace. Land anywhere, fly any direction, and did it by keyboard.
Glad to see I'm not the only one that still plays BF1942/Desert Combat mod, screw all this new garbage. I also have Forgotten Hope mod for 1942, which is like a much more realistic and detailed version of the game. The AH/OH-6s were awesome choppers in DC though, so nimble and maneuverable. Come to think of it, everything is DC mod was just well done. I think I'm gonna play tonight after work now...

Does anybody here use Xfire?
Old 04-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #18
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
everyone buy it for ps! so i dont have to build a new comp!
Old 04-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #19
surge s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
surge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
ive been drooling over bf3 for a while now
Old 04-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #20
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
New garbage... You should checkout rage. Idtech 5 is pretty sweet.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #21
shishcabobers
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
shishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I remember at one point in time I was ranked 9000 out of 60,000 players back in bf1942, always consistent top 10 in the EA 64 player servers. But after the 1.6 patch I lost interest, because it sucked ass. I'll probably see if I can find my installation disk again.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:42 PM   #22
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
heres my 360 profile, havent played in a while cause the xbox keeps overheating
http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.co...9&platform=360
Old 04-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #23
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
the play4free one is sorta fun
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:03 AM   #24
HyperTek
Post Whore!

i didnt have 1942 but i remember playing it at gaming cafes and the dc mod.

I got the OG BF Vietnam. I feel like digging that up and installing it, bf2 or 2142. 2142 was ok, fun for a while.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:45 AM   #25
HyperTek
Post Whore!

saw this on bf3 facebook
Quote:
Here's the thing: everything we've seen of Battlefield 3 has been running on PC, and maybe five percent of PC players are going to get that kind of graphical fidelity. For a lot of folks, the console version is going to be their only choice -- so what should they expect?

According to DICE executive producer Patrick Bach, the console version obviously won't have all the graphical bells and whistles of its PC counterpart. Speaking to Videogamer, Bach said the console port will lack the "higher resolution, the higher framerate, the anti-aliasing, the motion blur, stuff like that" that we've seen in the trailers released so far.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:45 PM   #26
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

yeah, i run dx11 with bfbc2 .

dx11 with aa4x/16x 1080p everything high is amazing. if you got 3 monitor is even better.

unlike crysis 2.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #27
HyperTek
Post Whore!

i suck at bc2.. i get shot up too easy, perhaps i dont take cover enough, its just harder to see enemy position because there is soo much buildings/greenery etc lol.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #28
'97 S14 SE Turbo
Zilvia Member

'97 S14 SE Turbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to '97 S14 SE Turbo
I like to shotgun snipe in BC2... Too funny. The range and damage of the shotgun with the slugs are amazing. Takes a totally different playing style to use it successfully. Got 4x gold star on my shotgun. Easy to build up a kill streak. Now, if a scope can be added, would be overkill.
'97 S14 SE Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #29
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by '97 S14 SE Turbo View Post
I like to shotgun snipe in BC2... Too funny. The range and damage of the shotgun with the slugs are amazing. Takes a totally different playing style to use it successfully. Got 4x gold star on my shotgun. Easy to build up a kill streak. Now, if a scope can be added, would be overkill.
yeeeuh, 870+slugs=god-like power. myself, i like to run around with the T88 sniper with either the 4X or red dot, magnum ammo, C4 and M9 and have myself a good ol' time.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #30
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
i love bad company 2. its my first real battlefield game besides playing at internet cafes back in the day.

fuck doors, i make new ones.