Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 06-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
General McCrystal

I can't believe no ones talking about McCrystal getting shit canned.

What does Zilvia think about it?
Old 06-24-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
havent payed attention...backround please?

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
no clue what you're talking about.
shiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
He was the General in charge of the military effort in Afghanistan. He more or less has been talking shit on the president to the press for the last year or so. The President told him to knock it off and he didn't so he was "asked to resign".
Old 06-24-2010, 03:12 PM   #5
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Its ok, Canada is doing a better job there.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #6
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
so to break it down

Employee talks shit about boss
Boss hears, gives warning
Emplyee keeps talking shit
Boss fires employee...

is that the jist of it or are we gonna try and complicate shit here? lol

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:40 PM   #7
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

That's pretty much it but it seems that the press, both military and civilian want to complicate it.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #8
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Lol, darn....

His "driving dirrective" sucked balls !!!

Unless you think normal trafic should intermingle with U.S. convoy's. You know the people who suicide bomb us...

Do you suffer from vaginal dryness...
Pblesh85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:01 PM   #9
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
OP, what do you think about it?
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:34 PM   #10
rican_nick
Zilvia FREAK!

rican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to rican_nick
Heres the interview he did with Rollingstone that was part of the reason he got walking papers.

The Runaway General | Rolling Stone Politics

IMO: He's the type u dont want to F*($ with. The article makes him out to be a cool guy whose a killer that hangs out with killers who was asked to do a job with his skillset and he did while trying to dance around all the BS surrounding it. Finally he's like "f it", lets his feelings get on paper and he lost his job.

Personally i thought he would of been more of a professional and chose his words wisely.. but he obviously didnt give a damn...lol

My Seller's Review Thread
rican_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:22 PM   #11
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I feel kind of torn about it.

On one hand he is a soldier who disobeyed an order and opened his mouth.

One the other I think it is important for the President to listen to this experts and I know McCrystal's opinion was being ignored.

In the end you can't have decent like that that high up in the military and the right decision was made.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:34 PM   #12
rican_nick
Zilvia FREAK!

rican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfection
Chain of commands only work when everyone plays there part. Be it business or military.

McChrystal's cool in my book..I wouldnt put him in front of the media, but if I wanted someone to blow some shit up, get a job done and not loose any sleep over it he would be the guy I would hire.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:10 AM   #13
demonspeed
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
demonspeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rican_nick View Post
Chain of commands only work when everyone plays there part. Be it business or military.

McChrystal's cool in my book..I wouldnt put him in front of the media, but if I wanted someone to blow some shit up, get a job done and not loose any sleep over it he would be the guy I would hire.

+1 I dont know if any of you have ever served in the military, but when one or two people dont follow the chain, the link gets broken. Dont get me wrong, he seems like a cocky son of a bitch BUT if i knew that he got shit done, why would i bother him. Also, its a big BIG no-no to talk shit about the president..expecially when you have younger Soldiers lookin up to you
But with all that said, would i let him blow shit up? Fuck.Yea.
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #14
rican_nick
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
+1 I dont know if any of you have ever served in the military, but when one or two people dont follow the chain, the link gets broken. Dont get me wrong, he seems like a cocky son of a bitch BUT if i knew that he got shit done, why would i bother him. Also, its a big BIG no-no to talk shit about the president..expecially when you have younger Soldiers lookin up to you
But with all that said, would i let him blow shit up? Fuck.Yea.
I'm not military.. but the Military/US Gov/Life.. etc. Shares a lot with the world of business. Just a whole lot bigger and lot less accountability.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:17 AM   #15
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Also, its a big BIG no-no to talk shit about the president..expecially when you have younger Soldiers lookin up to you.

This is the part I don't like about it.

The president just happens to be the commander in chief. You can disagree with his politics and still follow his orders with out compromising your position as a soldier. But that is absolutely looked down on.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #16
demonspeed
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
demonspeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
This is the part I don't like about it.

The president just happens to be the commander in chief. You can disagree with his politics and still follow his orders with out compromising your position as a soldier. But that is absolutely looked down on.

i just think its kinda dumb that you cant say how you feel or say whats on your mind.

as far as Iraq and Afghanistan goes, we NEED to GTFO like yesterday. We did what we did, so let them handle their own affairs. I swear, i see the world like a big ass playground and the US is the teacher and all the other countries are kids...

fliprayzin240sx i forgot all about that Article so from a Military state of mind he got away scott free. Imagine doin what 15+ years and then get booted down...worst feeling ever
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:05 PM   #17
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I would agree but I would add that he should never have been put in charge of Afghanistan. It's just not what he was trained for.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:20 AM   #18
rican_nick
Zilvia FREAK!

Oh yea.. Obama set himself up for the okey doke..lol. Happens all the time.. someone excels in their current position so higher ups think they'll do a good job being the boss.

Promoting for the wrong reasons.

Should of hired a lawyer to be "in charge".. then have a bunch of shady mofo's making the calls.. you know.. like the rest of our government.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:50 AM   #19
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm....

Since McChrystal assumed command in July 2009, has the situation in Afghanistan gotten better or worse?
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:58 AM   #20
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
What about Obama, is he doing a reasonable job,
as far as making decisions in Afghan goes?

Isn't this like the second general in charge of Afghan relieved within a year or two?

It seems as though objectives are achieved and progress is made, however tedious.
Maybe those of you from the military would have a more accurate perspective.
(us civilians may not have the ability to see the inner workings of the military the same way).
Maybe it's just politics or maybe there's more, idk.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #21
D1champ
Zilvia Junkie

D1champ is on the path to ruinD1champ is on the path to ruin
Time to bring your boys home, plain and simple. 9 years kicking up dust in the desert and nothing to show for it but bodybags ain't what I can victory.
D1champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:01 PM   #22
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

The war in Afghanistan is working for the most part.

Iraq is a different story. The average Iraqi was better off before.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #23
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Wrong or not, personally I appreciate the general's efforts.
As mentioned in some of the articles I read, it gives the public some idea of whats going on/transparency.
Why would it be bad that the US public is more aware of the politics & workings of the military?
Clearly military operations abroad effects us all, so theoretically I believe the public has the right to know.

I don't buy the argument that it's leaking out intelligence per se.
Seems like the gen might have been trying to be manipulative,
but if it's for the sake of saving our troops & protecting our miliatary, then I'm all for it.
To me, that's more important than Obama & Biden saving face.
I'd actually be uncomfortable if subordinates in government are in a situation where they don't feel comfy questioning their superiors.
Mind you this isn't a soldier on the battlefield questioning the commander.
Scrutiny here is all politics imo.

To me, this seems a bit unprofessional of McCrystal, but his intentions appear noble.
Not sure I can say the same about Obama or Biden (whom I've never cared for, tbh).
Old 07-02-2010, 02:47 AM   #24
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
The problem you guys dont seem to understand (which most of you wont unless you've served), is that he actually broke an article of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Article 88 of the UCMJ: "Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct."

Maximum Punishment: Dismissal, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 1 year.

If he was just talking shit about the President during the course of a conversation, it could have been overlooked. But the fact that he was giving his piece of mind to a printed publication made his statement contemptous. Obama could have thrown the book at him and made more fuss out of it other than just firing him....he could have retired as an O-1 with no benefits...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:24 AM   #25
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
McChrystal wasn't fired because of the article; the article was merely the straw that broke the camel's back.

A lot of the "negative" comments in the article are attributed to anonymous aides to GEN McChrystal, not the General himself.

The situation in Afghanistan is pretty complex and fucked up: The Afghan government is corrupt; Afghan society is a mish-mash of dozens of different tribes that all have their own cultural histories and in many cases different languages; ISAF forces are left to deal with vague mission directives on how to (re)build a nation-state with people that are apathetic at best and hostile at worst.

The ISAF mission in Afghanistan is suffering from a horrible case of mission creep that has seen our mission the country go from hunting down Osama bin Laden and Al-Qaeda to trying to build a country.

There are many interesting parallels between our war in Afghanistan and our war in Vietnam, and I'm sure many of the officers that are in charge of the war effort these days (most of whom entered into the service post-Vietnam) are ever mindful of this fact.

Unfortunately, I don't think withdrawing from Afghanistan is the most prudent course of action. I think a lot of people have this idea that if we pull out of Iraq and the 'stan the world will go back to the way it was before September 11th, 2001. I do not share that opinion. I think people are ignorant of the multitude of things that are happening throughout the world (especially in the Middle and Far East) that are going to have a huge impact in the future. Afghanistan is only one aspect of a complex and multifaceted issue.

Anyway, I'd write more but I'll leave it at that for now.

For anyone that's interested, I posted a few links concerning the war in Afghanistan couple of months ago in the Iraq/Afghanistan thread.

I think they provide a basic primer for anyone interested in the topic:

http://zilvia.net/f/loud-noises/2922...ghanistan.html
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #26
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

You CAN say how you feel to your superior with permission. You CAN NOT talk shit behind his back.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:46 PM   #27
Drift N Dragg
Username Monster!

Trader Rating: (14)
Drift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
You CAN say how you feel to your superior with permission. You CAN NOT talk shit behind his back.
You know this from experience, I take it?

Now, being someone that is Prior Service and Still works for the GOV... I am tell you this ... You can NOT just tell your Superior how you " FEEL " with Permission....

Everthing you say has a recourse ... Especially if you tell it to there face .. that is the reason it is called ' Politics ' .. a bunch of people shit talking behind everyone's backs .. Happens everyday .. he just got caught ..

Note: Do not want to hear your ' Mother's ' military experience with expression of feeling... I WANT your account .. but since, I know already you have never served, you will not have this experience..

The Outside worls is alot different from the Military aspect ...

Now ofcoarse I am alreadying expecting you to take this the wrong way, as you usually do .. So I will give you the warning ahead of time..

This was not a personal jab, but you can not make assumptions based off lack of experience..

2015 Subaru STI
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
A Ton of Projects
Drift N Dragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #28
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

You act like I lived in some sort of bubble and never conversed with a soldier.

When I was a teenager considering joining up I asked a shit ton of questions to a lot of different soldiers in different MOSs and ranks. This specific circumstance was one of my questions.

And you can tell them what you think but there is a time and place and a manor to do it in.

Of coarse ever thing you say has consequence or why else would you say anything. If you have any brains about you you will speak in a way that best serves your purpose. I think McCrystal thought he was going to get away with it again so he pushed it a little more. This time he pushed to much and it bite him in the ass.

Quote:
This was not a personal jab, but you can not make assumptions based off lack of experience.
You make it personal when you bring my personal life into it. Maybe you should learn to respectfully disagree as well.

I'm not mad or anything btw.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:42 PM   #29
Drift N Dragg
Username Monster!

Trader Rating: (14)
Drift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
You act like I lived in some sort of bubble and never conversed with a soldier.

When I was a teenager considering joining up I asked a shit ton of questions to a lot of different soldiers in different MOSs and ranks. This specific circumstance was one of my questions.

And you can tell them what you think but there is a time and place and a manor to do it in.

Of coarse ever thing you say has consequence or why else would you say anything. If you have any brains about you you will speak in a way that best serves your purpose. I think McCrystal thought he was going to get away with it again so he pushed it a little more. This time he pushed to much and it bite him in the ass.

You make it personal when you bring my personal life into it. Maybe you should learn to respectfully disagree as well.
Based off a good poriton of your Posts.. One could only assume your bubble field ...

Again, talking to a solider and being one is a different story ... that's only one side of the actual event...

It wasn't personal because I didn't bring your " Personal " life into it, I just asked you to base your asnwer off your experiences.. thats all .. Didn't ask you to give me your underwear size or anything ...

Respectfully Disagree? Maybe you should take that advice for a good porition of your posts .. again, I can list numerous posts where you fail to " respectfully disagree " with someone .. Be it GenPop, Premie, Moderator, or Admin .. I am just saying .. everything can be misunderstood as Disrespectful.

So no, I will not Respectfully Disagree .. I, in turn, will state my opinion on the matter ...

Now on to what you wrote...

Yes, it did bite him in the ass .. But even saying something to a superior with extreme ' tact ' still has a harsh return .. The reason I say this is based of personal experience ...

I will share this with you - I, in my younger years as an enlisted man, told a officer off in a semi-tactful manner.. for doing something that could cause harm to myself and around 5 Ammo troops under his command .. Officer being a New 2nd LT, Better known as the Butter Bar, decided to play with a semi-armed Timed fuze for a leaf-let shell casing ... in the course of his Idiocy, he dropped the fuze .. After all was cleared and we reentered the work area, after changing all of our underwear, I proceeded to " tactfully " rip him a new ass .. Being a Fresh E-5 I felt it was my duty to explain his mess up ...

6 months of Suspended Rank, 6 Months fined 1/2 pay, and a Article 15 .. I feel that I should have not done what I did..

Now I did ask permission to speak freely .. but as you can see I still got the short end of the stick..

So in summary .. There is always a result and its usually never good, even if you are tactful .. if I was that General, I would have just kept my mouth shut .. Being a General last longer then a Presidential Term ..

EDIT: Saw your Edit ... Glad you are not Mad... Being able to freely talk and have a Civil Disagreement is always a good start ... It's when it becomes uncivil that things can go wrong ..

2015 Subaru STI
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
A Ton of Projects
Drift N Dragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #30
TravisSW
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
TravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TravisSW
He should of gone out with a bang and strangled Obama.

Fuck that president.

/bad mood today lol