Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 12:11 PM   #1
HIDplace

Trader Rating: (0)
HIDplace is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HIDplace
HID Xenon Light - Group Sale, Free Shipping & Harness

Hi everyone my name is Allan and welcome to the HIDplace.com sale, all kits are McCulloch Generatin IV,
they come with 2 bulbs, 2 ballasts, manual, zip ties, & double sided tape. You also get
free shipping in the USA, and a free optional wiring protection harness.
Any one who wants a Free HIDplace.com sticker which looks like our logo above, feel free to e-mail me: [email protected]

Sizes Available: H1, H3, H4*, H7, H11, 9004, 9005, 9006, 9007, D2S
* - Available in a Dual Beam kit
If you have JDM lights, extra work will be needed to install, please ask me for details

To Purchase: http://www.hidplace.com/holidaysale.html

Pricing: For Single Beam Kits
5300K - $310 - Intense white color - Best Visability
6000K - $330 - White with Blue (Light Blue) - Visability & Looks
8000K - $350 - Blue - Looks
10000K - $370 - Intense blue with hint of purple - Looks

H4 Users, a single beam kit will eliminate the high beam.

5300K H4 Dual Beam - $460
6000K H4 Dual Beam - $480
8000K H4 Dual Beam - $500
10000K H4 Dual Beam - $520

The Kit:

5300K:

6000K:

8000K:

10000K:

for more pictures: www.hidplace.com/ga1.html

Feel free to e-mail me [email protected]
AIM/AOL - HIDplacedotcom
or PM

Thanks,
Allan
www.hidplace.com

* HID Lights should be used for off-road or show purposes in the USA*
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2004, 04:05 PM   #2
SirWarrior
Zilvia Addict

SirWarrior is an unknown quantity at this point
all i get is
Angelfiree | Error page
Old 12-09-2004, 10:25 PM   #3
HIDplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWarrior
all i get is
Angelfiree | Error page
Sorry, we had a server problem ... its all fixed now

I believe angelfire got like 20 e-mails from me within that 2 hour span.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:18 PM   #4
kingsol
Zilvia FREAK!

kingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to kingsol
no 4200K-4500K? for h4's?

There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better for worse as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till.
-Emerson
Old 12-09-2004, 10:28 PM   #5
HIDplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsol
no 4200K-4500K? for h4's?
We used to sell a 4300K kit, but they were horrible ... after about 6 months the bulbs ended up fading to yellow and we gave our few 4300K customers a set of 5300K bulbs.

So we dont carry them anymore, the 5300K will provide you with the white light your looking for. They produce 3200 Lumens which is plenty to light up the road up to 1/4 mile in front of you in white (best visable light).

Also if you have only a single H4 bulb which does do high beam and low beam, you might want to check out the H4 dual beam kits since the preserve your high beam capabilities.

-Allan
Old 12-09-2004, 10:42 PM   #6
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
where in ny are u located? can i save some dough if i pick up
Old 12-09-2004, 11:48 PM   #7
HIDplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDACEX187
where in ny are u located? can i save some dough if i pick up
We work on a on order basis, so when you place the order it gets shipped from the Hong Kong warehouse, but currently im in Albany and I'll be back in NYC on the 19th.

So it has to be shipped anyway

-Allan
Old 12-10-2004, 01:30 AM   #8
vegita319
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
vegita319 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vegita319
how do these compare to ones made my phillips?
Old 12-10-2004, 01:28 PM   #9
HIDplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegita319
how do these compare to ones made my phillips?
REAL!! Phillips - $500+, great system, good bulbs and but wiring is a lot old fashioned.

Our Kits, McCulloch Gen 4 - $310+, just as good as the phillips, our bulbs are actually better then theirs and our wiring system will provide you with plenty of versatility to be able to mount your kit almost anywhere on the car and is fool proof when it comes to connecting.

It all comes down to cost, the kits we offer now are just as good if not a little better, but this is compared to real phillips kits, not a no name company which says they use phillips ballasts.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:52 AM   #10
SilviaSR20DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
SilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
If i buy a set of HID's that are H1, can i change the bulb to H4 if i decided to switch? Or do i have to buy another HID unit specifically made for H4?
Old 12-10-2004, 01:31 PM   #11
HIDplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaSR20DET
If i buy a set of HID's that are H1, can i change the bulb to H4 if i decided to switch? Or do i have to buy another HID unit specifically made for H4?
I'm pretty sure you can, because the part of the ballast where the bulb plugs in to is universal with our kits, but I actually just sent an e-mail to the company to double check. I'll edit this post as soon as I get the responce.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:27 PM   #12
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
people..if your really interested in buying kits PLEASE be sure you know what your getting into and the quality that comes from the kit. advertisers will always say good stuff about the kits they sell to make a sale. its business,

hidplanet.com go there read the forums about this kit and then make a decision. like s15 conversions, you get what you pay for.

the whole 8000k to 100000000k thing is off the charts! what people dont realize is, cars that make those type of colors, the "flicker" of colors like how BMW does it etc etc all comes from the PROJECTORS!! NOT THE BULBS!! all companies use 4100-4300k bulbs and yes even oem have a slight bit of yellow in them. you only see purple/blue becuz its the projectors. comanies that make HID kits make high K bulbs to give you that "look" but what you sacrafice when gtting high K bulbs is light output. the higher K you go the less light you have. yes when you buy it and put it in your car it will LOOK like you have more light because it plays tricks on your eyes, but in reality when you measure the light you dont have much.
Old 12-10-2004, 04:03 PM   #13
HIDplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaDriver
people..if your really interested in buying kits PLEASE be sure you know what your getting into and the quality that comes from the kit. advertisers will always say good stuff about the kits they sell to make a sale. its business,

hidplanet.com go there read the forums about this kit and then make a decision. like s15 conversions, you get what you pay for.

the whole 8000k to 100000000k thing is off the charts! what people dont realize is, cars that make those type of colors, the "flicker" of colors like how BMW does it etc etc all comes from the PROJECTORS!! NOT THE BULBS!! all companies use 4100-4300k bulbs and yes even oem have a slight bit of yellow in them. you only see purple/blue becuz its the projectors. comanies that make HID kits make high K bulbs to give you that "look" but what you sacrafice when gtting high K bulbs is light output. the higher K you go the less light you have. yes when you buy it and put it in your car it will LOOK like you have more light because it plays tricks on your eyes, but in reality when you measure the light you dont have much.
Your 100% right, that's actually one of the topics we cover in our FAQ section of the website. Many people are interested in HID kits so that they can get the color coming from their headlights, which is why 8000k & 10000K are #1 & #3 in our products. You will get more light then you would with your halogen lights but you will not get as much light as a white colored kit like the 5300K.

I also am a car enthusiast and being a person who buys parts all the time, I don't like to get my chain jerked, which is why I'll provide everyone who asks a question with a correct response and not one which will make me money.

I urge everyone to view our FAQ section: http://www.hidplace.com/faq.html
Because you'll be able to find the answers to most questions there.

-Allan
Old 12-12-2004, 05:21 AM   #14
MrSkinny
Zilvia Member

MrSkinny is an unknown quantity at this point
how do these ones compare to the hids offered a little while ago in the other group buy for almost half the price of these ones

http://www.gaontrading.com/index19.htm

do HIDs require any reflective areas in the headlight to project effectively? Ive been thinking about painting the chrome reflective material in my headlights black but havent done so because i still have regular halogens (s14 zenki).

Last edited by MrSkinny; 12-12-2004 at 06:15 AM..
Old 12-12-2004, 12:50 PM   #15
HIDplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkinny
how do these ones compare to the hids offered a little while ago in the other group buy for almost half the price of these ones

http://www.gaontrading.com/index19.htm

do HIDs require any reflective areas in the headlight to project effectively? Ive been thinking about painting the chrome reflective material in my headlights black but havent done so because i still have regular halogens (s14 zenki).
They dont look so bad, I've never heard of the company nor do they have any detail photos of the product. It seems like the kits do not come with a wiring harness but there is little information about the kit for me to come to a conclusion.

If you paint your reflectors, then what will happen is that your headlight will glow in the color of the HID bulb you get (white -> blue) and that it, you will not have any light shinning on the road. I highly do not recommend painting the reflective piece of the headlight. I've baked and painted my headlights on my car, but I only did the out size & turning signal areas.

-Allan
Old 12-15-2004, 03:41 PM   #16
HIDplace

bumpage
Old 12-20-2004, 06:57 PM   #17
HIDplace

bump
Old 12-20-2004, 07:24 PM   #18
Doriftomodachi
BANNED

Doriftomodachi is an unknown quantity at this point
How does the dual beam work? Is a ballast required for each bulb?
Old 12-21-2004, 06:50 AM   #19
HIDplace

Dual beam does not mean bi-xenon, dual beam is a single bulb which can perform both high and low beam functions, each bulb has its own ballast.

While I think you were thinking of bi-xenon where you have 2 bulbs in a single housing which are both xenon (1 low beam, 1 high beam).

-Allan
Old 12-21-2004, 07:52 AM   #20
Doriftomodachi
BANNED

Doriftomodachi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIDplace
Dual beam does not mean bi-xenon, dual beam is a single bulb which can perform both high and low beam functions, each bulb has its own ballast.

While I think you were thinking of bi-xenon where you have 2 bulbs in a single housing which are both xenon (1 low beam, 1 high beam).

-Allan
I see. How does that work? I know with the h-4 bulb there are 2 filaments: One for low beam and one for high. Are there 2 xenon gas chambers in a dual bulb? Thanks!
Old 12-21-2004, 10:43 AM   #21
HIDplace

There is a single gas chamber and the bulb changes position to give the dual beam effect. In the H4 dual beam system, the bulb moves foward to give the high beam effect.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:42 PM   #22
95zilvia
Nissanaholic!

95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light
So I have the JDM silvia S13 Dual Projector Headlights, I believe the low beams use a H3C type of bulb. Is that what you're talking about when you're saying ask you for more details?
Well, I'm asking now for the details, fill us in please! What needs to be modified, and will you be doing the modification for us, or will we have to go to someone else / do it ourselves?
And how much would the H3c kit in 5300K cost?
Old 12-23-2004, 06:34 PM   #23
bobafett
Zilvia Member

bobafett is an unknown quantity at this point
with the s13 im assuming i need to buy an sealed beam to H4 conversion kit FIRST before i can buy this kit, but which type of H4 conversion is "best" the diamond cut style, or the clean looking lens? i just want the most light output, but i wouldnt mind a nice blue light..

i think 6000's are the choice for me, i just need to figure out which headlight housing i should be leaning towards.
Old 12-24-2004, 02:42 AM   #24
HIDplace

95 - Our first order was for the H3c bulbs, and H3 ended up fitting, but I'd still double check if a regular halogen H3 bulb would fit in before you go and purchase a kit. With an H3 kit, you'd have to ground the negetive connection to the car or end up doing a little cutting and splicing. It is not difficult but can be confusing sometimes. (Current Price, $315 shipped with harness)

Bob - You can pick any conversion you'd like as long as the H4 bulbs fit in it, usually a more expensive one would mean better quality, but its all up to you. Check the forum a bit and see what other people think about the conversions.

-Allan
Old 12-25-2004, 12:27 PM   #25
mamchayle

mamchayle is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

i have this kit in the 8000k version installed on 93 hatch with hella euro sealed beams and it rocks. its worth the money, quality is very good and just as good as the phillips. lot of the vw and audi guys have them and recommend them.
Old 12-25-2004, 01:27 PM   #26
HIDplace

Thanks man!

Send some pictures over, I'd love to have them on the site.
Old 12-25-2004, 03:19 PM   #27
95zilvia
Nissanaholic!

95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light
Just PM me or post up any new info you find out about the H3C bulbs.. My car currently has H3C and I don't want to do many modifications or any work myself, I want it to be plug and play.
Old 12-25-2004, 09:31 PM   #28
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
yo
i might go for a set soon
gotta sit on i for a while, no impulse buying hehe
how long will this all last?im looking at the 5300 kit
might buy one for my zenki and when i go kouki face (mayish 05), get another for it. hmm but one at a time of course.
Old 12-26-2004, 04:11 PM   #29
HIDplace

The offer is good till Jan 15th ... but you can e-mail me later on and I'd still might be able to offer a discount to members.

95Silvia - I e-mailed the guy and I'm waiting for his responce. I'll PM me you once I get it.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:02 AM   #30
95zilvia
Nissanaholic!

Ok. I am waiting. anxiously.
I don't want to do any of my own modifications to the HID kit. I want it to be PLUG AND PLAY!
Closed Thread