Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Eastern States

South Eastern States Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2007, 06:59 AM   #1
rmounier

Trader Rating: (0)
rmounier is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 XAT vs Driven Concepts in Tampa

I went to both shops for work on my s14 sr engine. Here is my findings, I am not trying to hurt or help anyone, but here is my honest opinion, because i have heard good and bad from both places.

I did my swap myself s14 sr engine into an s14 chassis, but it was not running completely right, the engine is bone stock, paid over 1k at Driven Concepts for them to put 2 gauges, fix my lower harness, a used alternator and finish my ac which i had already done the weldings on the ac lines. Still had a problem with car and took it back because my car was running up to 4k rpm then dying and it was burning real rich. their mechanic took 3 hours to check the car out and found nothing on it, he wanted me to bring the car back another day, to try and figure out what was wrong with it.

I was going to bring it back, but on my way home i stopped at XAT and spoke to Cassie, explained to him the problems, and as soon as i popped my hood open he knew the issue (s13 maf on an s14 engine) i should have cought that, but i am not the pro here.

My car was fixed with a Super afc neo, by XAT they did a great job (Martin and Taylor).

OH, almost forgot, Driven Concepts hooked up my actuator line to the cylinder that comes attached to the igniter bracket, which i found, that it is not used at all, therefore my car could have ran up to 30psi or even more, its crazy how Driven Concepts handled my car, they even had a new guy taking care of me, who messed up all the paperwork, gave me prices and then changed them because he did not know, told me the alternator install would be free (not) just a whole list of problems with him.

I am sure Ian will respond with his own side of the story, that is fine, this is just my own experience with both shops. As a honest person, i just want you guys to be carefull when chossing a shop. I have dealt with Doug at Z-fever and he is pretty cool, but i have not done a lot with him, however, my uncle is taking him a z32 to do some work, we will see.
rmounier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links