Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
FWD sr20DE into RWD platform?

I can pick up a fwd sr20de longblock for VERY cheap and have some interest in putting it into my s-13. I would source a set of GTI-R ITB's and probably have to have an ecu tuned for my set-up.

My questions are:
1-What would I have to do to get the plumbing to work with the s-13 platform?

The water outlet is significantly different on the intake side of the engine and I was wondering if anyone knows of any easily sourced solutions for this problem or will I have to go custom? Heater hoses are no concern as my car cannot even have the stock heater re-installed as all the brackets have been removed.

Also the oil filter base is significantly different. I really didn't have time to look and see if it was just something I could remove and screw on an adapter for a remote mounted oil filter and a cooler.

2-Are the engine mount locations in the same place on the FWD block as the RWD block?

3-What wiring harness and ECU would be the best to use for this application and how available are they?

Obviously I would have to source a SR tranny and starter. The good news is that the engine is a M/T engine and the flywheel is still there. Headers would obviously have to either be custom or sourced from japan. I am definitely not the biggest SR fan, but I can get the longblock for soooo cheap that it is very tempting. Also it would remove a significant amount of weight from the front of the car. I HAVE actually driven a N/A SR powered s-13 and I liked the smooth revving nature of the engine.

Anybody that has any experience with this matter please chime in. I am looking for opinions as well as facts as I am not sure at all that it is worth pursuing this.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links