Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2009, 09:47 PM   #30
Howlermonkey
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Howlermonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sure we had to put L28s in them to be competitive in SCCA GT racing but we also campaigned S13s with that engine.

The z31 is not a full on race car but more of a comfortable GT car.

Nothing wrong with that niche.

Sure I would prefer to have my 914/6-GT back but I also like comfort which the z31 does deliver.

The Z31 was good enough to score showroom stock championships in 1985, 1987, and 1988 as well as being imsa firehawk champion in 1986.

Not bad for a mushy car.

I'm not forgetting that the S13 made ITA exciting again as I hate seeing a ITA crx win but the mods my buddy Bob Stretch had to do to make it a winner do stretch the rules a bit (spherical bearing rear suspension....etc) but no more than the so called "Tri-link" setup that the ITA RX-7s needed to be competitive or the non-factory disc brakes the Olds Quad 442 required to keep the rear wheels from falling off after a few laps.

Ad hominem attacks against a car type with no data to back them up don't help anybody but a suggestion gleaned from your experiences would go a long way toward helping people here.

Any car can be made to perform as peugeot demonstrated back in the Group B rally days.

Last edited by Howlermonkey; 01-23-2009 at 10:33 PM..
Howlermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote