Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #11
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipnoi View Post
Hey guys,

I'm actually new to drifting, but have always been a fan, WAAAAAY before tokyo drift and all that other nonsense coming from the new "scene". I'm not going to pose and act like I know anything about drifting or act like I actually do, because I dont.

But I've always wanted to hit up a track to LEARN. But I've always been scared because I dont want to get flamed or dissed for being a complete noob. Are people at the track nice/willing to give advice to someone wanting to learn? I'm pretty self conscious about what other people think, but at the same time I want to grow and learn more about what its like to drift. I love spectating, but I actually want to be the one behind the wheel. So I was just wondering what it's like to hit up the track, and the experience drivers have with fellow drivers on the same track. I guess the main point im trying to ask is:
What's the best way to learn this sport. I know you guys are giving advice and techniques, but is it best to just start out at a track and have other drivers help?

Sorry if you think i'm thread jacking, but I didnt want to strat a new thread. Im trying to keep it to the topic of techniques and learning, but everyone mentions the track and I was just interested what track experience is like.

thanks
yeah, come to the 626 event, or any other event that offers "instructors" and has a beginer group.

We have guys out there that cant even get a donut down.
and that can be you too, lol
it was all of us at one time.
It was me for a couple events

The thing with the track is,

ITS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THEN ANYWHERE!!
Everyone at the track is cool.
Everyone is stoked you are there.
Everyone has a smile on their face
Everyone helps out each other.

Its a completely different scene then this forum, or Adams track show, or "street drifters".

Most guys that track, dont post much as its a waste of time to argue with someone that doesnt even drive.
You get lucky and have guys like turns101 and flybert chime in once in awhile, like in this thread.
But the general attitute people have here is not that of people that participate in motorsports on the track.

Forum people are like football fans.
All talk, but dont play any organized division/actually track their cars.
They think cause they played in HS/drifted a couple events 4 years ago, they have room to talk.
They play a game of touch football with some friends/street drift a corner, once in awhile, they still know how to do it.

No one at the track talks ANY shit.
We are all just happy to be in like peoples company.
Come to the track and join the family of people that actually drive their cars and support and are involved in motorsports.

When your at the track, being part of something, and you look down and see cars running big willow or streets, you really feel part of something great with alot of history.
Everyone is there for motorsports, no matter what kind,or level, we all share a passion.
There are no tools or noobs at the track.
We are all enthusiest.

Wether it is drift day, just drift, 626, or anyone else that is established and willing to teach.
Just get out their and join the community.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote