Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quest Alternator Upgrade!! Bolt on Bracket for SR20 Owners! 40amp upgrade over stock!

Need more Amps for you SR20? Bolt on 125 Amp Quest Alternator to your SR20!

Finally, a bolt on big alternator conversion kit for the SR20 crowd!

Anyone running a larger electrical system load realizes how strained the OE alternator (85 amp) really is once you begin to add more and more items to your car. With most cars having electric fans, larger electric fuel pumps, water injection pumps, sound systems, HID lighting, etc etv (or combinations of them), it's safe to say that at normal operation, the factory alternator is not keeping up with demand.

In fact on some cars, it's obvious in logged files that even at WOT, not enough juice is being generated, thus causing less power to be sent to coilpacks, the fuel pumps and those systems...really compromising a well built system.

Because of this issue, and because of me looking at a few voltage logs, I decided to make an adapter kit that allows you to bolt up a Quest Alternator (or Mercury Villager with the VQ), from 1996 to 2001 to your car without issue! All local rebuild shops said that the OEM SR20 one was not able to be rebuilt to a higher output, so this was the perfect solution.

All of the factory plugs remain the same, the pulleys line up perfectly, and the only modification needed is SLIGHTLY drilling out the two lower holes to accept the marginally thicker SR20 lower alternator bolt to work (any basic drill kit will have the right size). You also will need to remove the 2 10mm headed bolts and the OE tensioner for this to work..super easy!

My kits come with brand new grade 8 hardware and stainless bolts, machined aluminum adjuster, quality rod ends, and a brand new belt to work with the system

AFTERMARKET SR20 PULLEYS WILL WORK WITH THIS SETUP AS WELL

Pricing:
50 Dollars Shipped/Paypalled without belt
75 Dollars Shipped/Paypalled with belt

Payment:
Email me at [email protected]
or
PM Me at anytime on here.

I prefer to use email, but PM works. I like to establish communication before transaction, just to make sure all is well and setup correctly. Call me oldschool, but I like talking to my customers

Pictures:

Picture as installed on my car with modified hoses:

Picture as installed on om1kron/Waynes car with stock hoses:

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Sponsored Links