Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2011, 06:35 PM   #11
reed1285
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
reed1285 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxScores View Post
He means using the word "stretch" in the Maximum tire thread according to him bans you from it. Because there is no such thing as a stretched maximum tire lol. Unless you refer to the widest tire made (345/30?) having slight stretch on viper wheels.
ok thanks for clarifying that for me, i was like wtf? if its not called a "stretch" then what do you call it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicBastard View Post
Look, I've said it a million and ones time in this 60 page thread.

Step 1: go to the tire manufacturers web site
Step 2: find the reccomended wheel widths of the tire you want to run under "specs"
Step 3: If you actually belong posting in this thread, you'll choose the widest possible tire that is safe to run on whatever wheels you happen to have/are able to afford that day.

Here's the spec sheet for the Kumho XS, my favorite street tire for the time being.

Kumho Ecsta XS

According to it you can safely run a 255/40/17 (I presume you're running 17s cuz you never bothered to mention). You can also safely "stretch" (such an ugly word) a 225/45/17. Now if you want to hop on over to club roadster, or vortec (where I think you belong) I'm sure you'll find lots of happy kids stretching 185s from pep boys on all kinds of sweet 8.5" wide rimz, and telling you it'll be fine.

The 335/35/17 XS (according to the same chart) would be "stretched" but still safe on a 13" wide wheel.

Ironically I wouldn't have suggested your banishment had you asked about stretching that a tire on a 13" wide wheel. But you want to stretch a tire on a 8.5" wheel. My girlfriends jetta has wider wheels.
thanks for the info, i think you have me confused with somebody who just wants to look cool or something with his "stretched" tires. and no i got 18's, not 17's, like you "assumed"

the sole purpose why i asked is because i dont want any rubbing issues for when i finally do get the jack saved up for coilovers, and its alot lower than it is now. on top of that im gonna be running spacers up front and back too, thanks again for the info
reed1285 is offline   Reply With Quote