Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
mrmittens

Trader Rating: (2)
mrmittens is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Timing Chain Kit

Hey, been searching the forums for a few days but have not seen anything regarding a specific brand to stay away from or buy in regards to a timing chain kit. Most of what I have seen either links to an older thread about buying the individual parts and doing it yourself or how to do it. I will also apologize right now if this is not the right section, I was thinking possibly reviews, but that was mostly for reviewing people and businesses I thought, and I also didn't see a "create post" button.

So, my question is, has anyone purchased a timing chain kit for the S13? If they have, how much, where did you buy it, and what are your thoughts so far. Will be putting in a new timing chain and wanted to make sure that I didn't get a bad deal or a bad chain. My current top option is from O'Reilly for a Cloyes Timing Chain Kit for 159.99 + tax. I have heard one good thing from a friend who has used it.

Thanks for your advice, will always stay a member.
mrmittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links