Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #11
shalezzz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
shalezzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Don't get 60's, if your doing 16s just get 225 50 16 if you want a thicker side wall, I hope the only 15 or 16 inch wheels your looking to get at are mesh's or steelies
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion240sx View Post
back again... same question but with a different specs. looking at the 15x8 +20 or 16x8+20
now... looking to fit 225/50 on there. again when i lower it, it will only be an inch or so. don't want to molest the fenders. debating on this for a while now gotta bit the bullet soon :/ i will have all three rear arms, tension rods, aftrmrkt sways, stock brake setup specs just upgraded. c/o's, collars, etc

was set on going with the 225/50/15 but with stock height and 50 series tires the gap would be rather awkward, I would have to slam it to make it look right... or get 60 series tires. and going with 225s I think I would have more problems aka more trouble to make them fit.

also i go to different tire calculators and they give me different readings for the speedo. 1010 tires gives me @ 60mph for 225/50/16 = 58.4 mph discounttire = 61.6 rimsntires = 61.7

how do i determine which is right? i see that i look at the revs per mile but they all have diff numbers.

thanks again guys for the help. i believe that 225/60/15 would be too tall and wide to fit stock metal fenders. not only that but for aggressive/spirited driving, on off ramps etc/ not on on the track, it would actually hinder the handling vs a 50 series tire.. is that correct thinking? if it wouldn't hinder and fit without modding of the fenders i would do it. 225/50/16 fit with no problems from someone on here. i really would like to do the 15s as i have seen a few s14s pull it off quite nicely. a PM a few more ppl whos ride i found through LOTS of searching. so i am waiting on their responses as well.

please and thank you
shalezzz is offline   Reply With Quote