Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2012, 11:59 PM   #10
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer skittle View Post
How has the SEM paint/dye you used on interior pieces help up? How long have you used it? I would LOVE to redo my dash, center, and door panels with that stuff. Just think a year or two in the sun and it would be worse off than it is now. Do you just use wax/grease remover then spray a coat on?
I have never had any issues with it. However, I have never painted a dash with it or any other large plastic interior trim... although the SEM Color Coat is designed for exactly that. I'm usually painting smaller interior pieces that I have modified/fabricated. Like I said though, no issues at all. I have had pieces painted in my car for over 5 years. I would recommend cleaning the area with a Maxx Solv or similar. Scuff it with a grey 3M scuff pad, then paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
hey toby
i'll give you a call tomorrow to go over some stuff if thats ok but for now, and i'll prolly forget this post ever posted lol, but

what do you use for the 200mL applicator gun for the 3M seam sealer?
i derped a little bit and forgot i needed an applicator gun before i bought it, and its like 200 god damn dollars. Any recommendations on something cheaper? This is probably the only time i'll ever use it, so don't want to drop that much on it.
I posted a picture of it with the part # on it in this thread. You should be able to find it much cheaper online. That type of dispenser is an industry standard though, so it doesn't have to be the 3M gun.

Edit: doesn't get much better than this: http://www.tcpglobal.com/AutoBodyDep...temNo=MMM+8571

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote