Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
GT/?

Trader Rating: (0)
GT/? is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How good of a track car is it with an RB25DET

I'm new here, I hope I'm not posting in a wrong place.

Who's tracking his car with an RB25, any heat issues with these engines? How's the reliability? I hear the tranny is a solid piece I don't have to worry about, and a healthy engine can handle around 400whp, no? I've been reading a lot the past week and have a lot of research ahead of me, just wondering if it is possible to track them with 550+whp?

I track my mustang gt '11, so 400whp second car isn't worth it. I can make up to 500whp with these 5.0 engines, so I need to own something scary lol. Owning a built rb25 motor in a 240 will be double(or more) the price of that NA build (+set of wheels, brakes, paint, tuning, suspension... basically a lot)

So how good of a track car is it? I've seen one with an SR20det at the track and it was really fast straight/corners, but he had heat issues, never saw that guy again
GT/? is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links