Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Private Sellers

Private Sellers Provide your experiences with individuals here. No flaming, accusations, or complaints! Be fair and objective. Make it info you'd like to see before you make a purchase.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2013, 12:57 AM   #1
Johnny Quest for Boost
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Johnny Quest for Boost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Eric climo

A fellow who goes by the name of phatyonjoe and MRfastMR on other sites has a bit of a history of scamming people and going back on deals once their in place. His real name is Eric Climo and he lives in the Pittsburgh PA area.
Currently he is in possession of a white 2003 Evo 8 with 200,000 + miles on it, with a "built" motor. I am warning you now, as a previous owner of this car, AVOID IT and at all costs, avoid Eric Climo.
He was extremely pushy while I was doing my best to work with him, and after the deal, he was extremely insulting and rude.
As part of our deal, he was to send me my old head unit, AutoMeter gauges, and license plate, of which I never received any. Foolishly, I went ahead and mailed him the parts he I told him I would and in return never saw my things again. Upon closer inspection of the car I discovered that the transmission was NOT in fact built by Buscher Racing as he had claimed it was. Eric conveniently forgot the receipts back at home in PA when he came to trade cars with me but swore he would mail them to me. Once home, he refused to sent me the receipts. A call to Buscher revealed that he'd in fact never taken the tranny to them as they had no record of him on file; something they assured me they would have if Eric had ever had work done by them.
The only record I had that the motor was built was a hodgepodge of pictures, that upon closer inspection, I could tell were NOT the same engine, and NOT the one in the car.
I later discovered the ABS was broken, there is SERIOUS rot underneath the car on the passenger side rear above the and around the coil-over, and the car was wrecked on TWO separate occasions.
I could have (and now wish I had) backed out of the trade, but was desperate to get out of my Skyline and he said he was happy to take it. Now I know why.
After normal driving for about 2,000 miles, the motor unglued itself. Eric claims to be a great mechanic who works at Kenny Ross Nissan in Freedom, PA, so this probably shouldn't have happened the way it did.
Eric decided after trading away my old Skyline for a Forester XT + cash, that he wanted his Evo back. I never wanted to deal with him again, but since the car was broken, I decided that I would.
I had the broken Evo trailered to PA, and the Forester home. Eric Climo then claimed he'd forgotten his receipts to the Forester and like before, swore he'd mail them to me. And AGAIN, after the deal was concluded Eric refused to send me those receipts. Because the damage to the motor was more severe than he hoped, he told me that he would be sending me pictures of him running those receipts through a shredder.
Now I get rude texts and calls late at night from this arrogant little jerk.
Eric Climo is about 5'-6", a little heavy around the gut, and dark haired. Do yourself a favor and avoid doing business with this punk and save yourself a boat load of money, and agony. His cars aren't worth your time, frustration, and the money you'll blow keeping them together.

[IMG] IMG_0810 by starscream4icecream, on Flickr[/IMG]
Johnny Quest for Boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links