Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #1
voiddweller
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
voiddweller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Advice Need on KW Variant 3 Setup for HPDE

I'm going to a HPDE next weekend with my RS-Enthalpy tuned SR20DET highport and would like some experienced advice on setting up my KWv3's. I'll be at Sebring. For those that have not been down here, I've attached a pic of the course:

I spoke with a KW representative and he provided the following advice for setup on my '97 240sx.

Adjustment w/S14:

- More rebound and less compression for street
- More compression and less rebound for track
- Linear springs on kit should not be negatively impacted by ride height adjustments

Some additional info: Martin was able to put down about 241hp at the wheels on 7lbs of boost. I'll be installing z32 calipers this weekend with 30mm vented rotors and Carbone Lorraine CR6E pads. Wheels are stock 16" SE and tires are crappy Bridgestone RE760's that I know are not even close to ideal for this type of thing, but they'll have to do until the next paycheck

For those running KW's or something similiar, please let me know what you recommed for a good starting point and the best procedure for dialing in the best settings.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links