Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
Danger_Dorn
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Danger_Dorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lightbulb sr20det only 10-15 mpg!

Ok so this has been driving me nuts. No matter how I drive I get 10 mpg (shifting before 3k, staying out of boost)

Engine is a redtop with 2k on OEM rebuild with 32 ecu and Man. Trans.

I have adjusted my TPS to .45 volts and verified with my wideband that I'm running normal fuel mixtures. (It is reading lean due to an exhaust leak but that's getting fixed this weekend)

I think I may have a gas tank leak because when I fill up gas pours out of the top of the tank so I'll be investigating that this weekend also.

Also my 02 sensor may be shot but I haven't found a fool proof way to troubleshoot it. Anyone know the voltage at idle with normal AFR's?

Also installed a AFPR and Z32 FF @ 43.5 psi vac unplugged. Air filter is clean with new maf and injectors spray evenly.

I have my coilpacks grounded with the OEM grounding point (good or bad?)
I have a ground from the Intake manifold to firewall, and a ground from near exhaust to fenderwell. Maf is grounded to fenderwell with 2mv resistance.

My sparkplugs are autolites (bkr7e equivalent) gapped to .28

Ignition timing is set to 15btdc. (oem)

93 octane. WS harness

What else can I do to try and get better mileage? I have read a few threads but nothing too helpful/recently up to date.
Danger_Dorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links