Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2013, 04:21 AM   #11
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Teigen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by aga View Post
put a 4agze ,with turbo on the starlet, stock around 300hp, it will be flying.

about the carbon plenum: in the horsepower you wanna be, i would advice against it. first of all, you will need to have a design that works. you can do modifications to an aluminium construction easily, but not to a carbon. the other thing is high boost. to get 1000hp as you want ,you want this thing to be strong. which means a two piece construction is a no-no.

the only way to do this properly is the following. after making your original (its called plug) and making your mold, there's a material called aquapour. you mix this with water and its like cement. you pour it in your (two-piece) mold, and after it has hardened, you take it out. apply carbon fiber and resin around it, and vacuum bag it. its gonna be ugly looking, but the interior is what matters. after it has cured, you can wash the aquapour out of the isides just by using water. and you re left with just the manifold. now, when i was researching how to do this i was afraid to bolt it directly to the block, so i thought i'd use an old manifold cut it off and connect the two with silicon couplers.(or vband clamps or whatever)

personally i think the gains are too little to get into such trouble. (but it's maximum restecpa when you open the hoood and show it off)
awesome text!

That aquapour sounds amazing! Really need to buy that. The carbon plenum is more for the looks than weight saving. Its just a ultimate dream. Anyway i will make a new plenum/runners in oval alu. With billett flanges and inlet from IC same style as the one I made for the Volvo. Need a replace for when carbon intake cracks during a raceday...

Figured out i need to make tubs for front wheels. Any suggestions?

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk 2