Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2014, 11:38 PM   #1
Han

Trader Rating: (0)
Han is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Car only sits on three of four jack stands. Bent frame?

Afraid I might have a bent frame. Just want to hear your thoughts before paying a shop to look at it

When I first got the car last year I immediately put it on jack stands to swap the engine. There was a half inch gap on one corner. Before that I owned a civic and it sat even on all 4 stands in the same place of the same garage. I've moved them around, jacked them on the other side of the garage. I'm putting the stands on the frame rails. And the stands are actually cement blocks with wood built in, used for decks and floors. It's the front passenger/rear driver side that rocks back and forth everytime. Can't remember which corner is gapped but I want to say the rear. Last time I checked it was a quarter inch. I know the floor isn't perfectly level but I would imagine the unibody has enough flex to compensate. And it's always the same no matter where

When the car is sitting on jack stands I have trouble opening and closing the passenger door. The window gets caught in the molding. The door sits too high/body sags too much for the window to fit back in the molding. I have to push the window in while closing the door.

I also found out I had a bent tension rod on the drivers side and bent lower control arm on the passenger side. It was the bushing sleeves that were bent on both, so they were shaped as ovals which gave the bushings a little wiggle room. Both fixed. The car was supposedly never drifted but it wasn't all stock. It had an e brake button and momo steering wheel but it came with a stock steering wheel also. The hub was frozen on the steering rack. Had to use a crank pulley remover to pop it off. Plus it has a s14 tranny, it's an '89 tho. So I'm assuming it has at least taken a beating or two before

As far as I remember it drove straight before getting new suspension and bushings, now it goes to the right very slightly. Still plan on doing more work before getting it settled and aligned. But this problem is really starting to get to me before I go any further and spend more. I don't know if it's something I should really worry about or ignore
Han is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links