Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2014, 07:42 AM   #1
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
S14 Kouki Design Theft

This is a heads up to designers, engineers etc on here. I know Bigs, AKSamurai, and a few others do design work. This is something you should read, hopefully you know already.:

I now kind of understand what companies feel like when someone comes out with a rep./knockoff.

A company in the UK called AeroKit held a design contest on FB. Against my better judgement I entered. As soon as I submitted the design I was told that regardless of who won they wanted to produce my design. The rules were the first design to 1k likes won and would get a bunch of useless crud, but most of all credit for the design. Long story short, AeroKit found an "out" not to give credit for the design claiming that it never reached 1K likes and that the design was different from what I submitted. Basically kick rocks. For a while they didn't produce it until I saw my bumper on a car in a RANDOM video in the UK.

*My name has been changed so that I do not contract EBola

I have a lawyer on stand by, but really all I want is a bumper and credit for the design.

The moral of the story is: Do not flippin' do design contests. They are a way to get cheap/free labor. Your work is only as valuable as you make it. If you work for free then you not only cheapen your work but every other designer out there too. I knew this but chose to do it anyway.

Also Beyonce is a man.
The evidence is clear.
But mostly STOP DOING FREE DESIGN WORK. Not only are S-Chassis owners cheap, the companies that cater to them are too.