Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2015, 09:43 PM   #1
chanchoflores

Trader Rating: (0)
chanchoflores is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Trying to make a clean z31

So the journey begins in the summer of 2013 when i purchased my very first car!!! I had been working all summer to buy a car and wanted to buy a 240sx or a miata, but my dad showed me a z31. i had never even seen a z31 but when i saw it i fell in love. i bought a 1986 300zx NA with 136,000 miles for $1200

Super excited after buying the Z!!
(Sorry for crappy pics! HQ pics will be farther down)

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

I knew the first thing that i had to do was get rid of that oxidized hood. Made my car look like crap.
[IMG][/IMG]
Started sanding it down, primed it, and then rattle canned it BLACK!!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
The next thing that i did was buy some new wheels. I knew that i wanted to go lower and i thought why not go with 18's. The car looked like a monster truck so i also decided that i would lower it on the cheaps.
Picked up these wheels for 200$ (later sold them for 200$)
[IMG][/IMG]

I finally was able to pass the shoe test

[IMG][/IMG]

Right about then is when I decided to go to my first car meet. me and my dad were to go to Cars and Coffee in Carlsbad. We never made it. About 3 mins away we lost the clutch petal. it would just go straight to the floor even when being pumped, so we had to call for a toe and the meet ended before we could go.
Pics while waiting for the toe truck
[IMG][/IMG]

When we got home and did some research, we found out that it could either be the master or slave clutch cylinder. i waited for about a week until i was able to get the parts and then i installed them with the help of my dad. sorry no pics of that.

Decided that i would work on the interior while it was running better and god an ebay "DRIFT" steering wheel and some Cipher Auto bucket seats.
[IMG][/IMG]
I needed to make my own seat brackets which wasnt too hard
[IMG][/IMG]
chanchoflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links