Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2015, 07:16 PM   #1
SR2oD3T
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
SR2oD3T is making a name for him/her selfSR2oD3T is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via MSN to SR2oD3T
KEL's S14.5 Fueled Racing LS1 build (All working pictures)

my name is kelvin. i've been on and off with 240sx for over ten years. went through couple of KA SR s13 s14. finally i found a complete s15 swapped s14.5 couple years ago. now here I'm dropping a LS1 into it and making a build thread for it mainly to document my work. I'm not a pro but i do have 2 years of mechanic back ground and I'm a big time self learner. therefore, this thread is open for opinion and ideas.

what:
2001 camaro SS LS1 with T56 swap into 1995 240sx

which:
complete Fueled Racing kit and wiring specialties harness.

why:
hm… this can go on and on. but one of the biggest reason is i want some easy reliable power as this is my drift only car. gotta cheat a little bit on the power...

when:
I'm off two days a week. and thats the time i would put my hands on it. ideally should be complete by the end of the year.

who:
myself. my lovely wife will be my photographer and assistant, mainly taking pictures while I'm holding some dirty 50lbs parts.

where:
in my backyard. i set it up that way so i can still park my other cars in the garage at the time being.

how:
hm… i'll show u how below…

before we start, here's couple pictures of it on the last drift event

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

week # 1

ok here we go. i'm gonna start from checking out a full swap i found on craigslist. it wasn't easy to get to this cus now adays people are asking for way too much for a decent LS1 drop out. i seen as high as $6k for a 22k miles drop out with t56. anyways, i found this on a quater panel damaged 2001 camaro SS with T56. owner decide to just part it out. the damage on the car wasnt even that bad but who cares cus i got what i want. it has 92k on the clock and what perfect was, not only its a complete drop out, i also got a chance to go test drive it before they start pulling it out for me to pick up.

bought my mini husky with me on the 2 hours road trip

when we first met.

i asked them to send me couple of pictures while removing it.

week # 2

i went pick up the swap the next week. people said LS1 is light weight aluminum but all the accessories bolted up and the t56, its pretty damn heavy.

me loading up the whole thing on the back of my F150

got them home...

its very hard to move it around in one piece so i took the tranny and exhaust manifold apart...

week #3

this week i started to remove all the acessories, remove and label the wiring harness and have a better understanding on where all the sensors go.

i'm also shooting videos for this project. i'l put together a video of all footage once the project completed.

all plugs are labeled before remove.

complete un cut LS1 with T56 harness labeled

removed all accessories and drain oil.

starting to clean up the dirty ls1.

time for a shower

much better looking..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

week # 4

nothing much going on this week but i actually did a lot. since this project is gonna take couple months. i have to clear out a space at the backyard for this project so i can see have my garage to park my other cars. i spent two days to just clean up the backyard. trashed a lot of spare parts and recycled about 1 ton worth of metal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

week # 5

didnt do much this week as i went to a short trip with my wife. but i still manage to come back and did some cleaning on the T56. i just hate working on dirty cars that gets both my hands and tools dirty.

pretty dirty

the input shaft seal was leaking thats y it looks nasty inside. already ordered new OEM slave, input shaft seal, LS7 clutch and light weight flywheel from tick performance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

week # 6

here is where this thread starting to get excited. i moved all my tool box and air compressor to the back, placed it on jack stand and started to take it apart.

before i started, it was kinda weird to work on the project without music. its just doesnt seems right!! so i went straight to best buy and bought this before we start...

i actually took a video of the sr20 running and couple of rev to hear the sexy blow off valve one last time.

my boy Rambo was trying to help out.

s14 and s15 metal fender hybird. pretty nice.

my wife was helping me to take pictures and label everything

all suspension parts out

oops! on the last drift event i slided out of the track and hit the red and white curb. was told by the shop that it bent the lower joint a little so here it is. good that PBM has the replacement of that. easy fix.

pretty good progress today

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3972.JPG (103.7 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by SR2oD3T; 03-14-2018 at 03:08 PM..
SR2oD3T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links