Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2015, 12:19 PM   #1
AXV
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
AXV is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Spirit of Japan

So a few weeks ago I bought something from Anthony of Spirit of Japan (http://www.spiritofjp.com/products) and this is my review on my experience with Anthony.

I bought an old style Nismo steering wheel for my R32. Below is a screenshot of the description of the item (he has since removed this from his website).

Everything in the description was accurate, except one line and I want you to notice it says "leather is a bit rough from someone using driving gloves could use leather reconditioning or re wrap". In order for someone to recondition leather, there needs to be leather on it in the first place right? At least one would think so.

This is what I received in the mail.

Maybe my eyes are going blind but I do not see any leather on it. Just the structual foam that gives the steering wheel its shape. Obviously I was disappointed but like mature people do, I told him my concern. Below is a screenshot of what he said to me.

As you can see, he never acknowledged he was wrong in his description. He just brings up the fact he was "generous" about some freebies and his loss on shipping. He charged me $30USD for shipping and from the shipping lable I can see he paid $38USD. So he was telling the truth about that. Anyway so I replied telling him I was pretty disappointed in the fact there was no leather on the wheel and its going to cost me additional money to rewrap it. Because leaving the foam exposed is just going to wreck the wheel if I drive it like that. He goes on to say he doesnt want to lose a customer so he can either give me a discount on future parts, or take the wheel back. He comments that his prices reflect the condtion of the wheel so and so. I told him return shipping from Canada wouldn't be worth it from me. So I told him I found a shop locally that can redo the leather on it and asked if we can work something out.

By now he is mad (bro? u mad?) at me and goes on to say another wheel he sold was much more expensive and that the freebie he gave me was "the most expensive". By freebie I mean a sticker. Which apparently costs him $20. I can get the same sticker made at a local print shop for maybe $5 tops. Anyway thats not the point. He then accused me of taking advantage of him as you can see.

Below are screenshots of what the remainder our conversation was like.

Now Honestly, it seems like Anthony is an immature seller who doesn't take responsibility for his listings and items. He clearly fucked up (for lack of a better term) and got all defensive when I called him out on his mistake. He ends the conversation like a 3rd grader. In his benefit, I will say that he did give a partial refund of $80USD. I don't know where or how he came up with that amount, but I couldn't reach him any further since he blocked me on social media after. To make himself look more stupid, he then puts up an instagram rant/bitch-fit about how "some people" ruins his hobby and business.

For real? Yes for real here is the screenshot.

I don't know if it is still up on instagram since he blocked me soon after I saw it. But basically it looks like just a bunch of his friends saying how he is a victim of "bad customers" and "they know how he feels". Again....For real?!

Anyway, the take away is that my experience dealer with this seller is less than desirable and I definetly will not do any business with this guy in the future (makes it kinda hard since he block me now haha). If there is something he is selling that you want, it will be at your own risk since he doesnt like to fix mistakes on his end. Oh wait, apparently he closed his store......

Do you think I was being unreasonable?

So for your reference, I found the exact wheel with LEATHER on it from Yahoo Japan. You can see how it is suppose to look. Looks MUCH different than what I got so I am inclinded to believe he was BSing me the whole time. Now I will admit I did not know how this wheel is suppose to look but I'm just a guy who wants to buy cool old school Nismo things.......
Link: http://page14.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/s471951178
Pics Below

Sponsored Links