Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2016, 03:27 PM   #1
laextreme5
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
laextreme5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My S13 Build : LS swap, Corvette transaxle, ITB, Widebody, Do everything car

Sup guys. Figured i had gotten done enough to make a build thread for my s13. Little background on previous cars. Used to have a 2012 Subaru wrx. Bought it when i was 18. Was working full time and decided to splurge on myself. I daily drove it for 3 years while modifying it. Had the typical ringland issue, built motor dropped in. Ended up getting a full varis front end for it, and making another set of varis fenders conforma nd line up with the varis front bumper. That front end is still my favourite to date on any car, such clean aggressive and purposeful lines. I ended up parting it out and selling it to buy the wife a daily. Picked upan 05 wrx as a daily and have had nothing but problems with it, just finished droppin a motor into it, prolly gunna drive it for a bit then sell it off and get a new daily, maybe a truck idk yet.

DSC_0531 by lawrx, on Flickr

DSC_0534 by lawrx, on Flickr

Anyways enough about the Subarus, (Fucking pains in my ass). So, the plan with the s13 is an all around performer, not built for anything specific and capable of nearly any kinda event i want to attend. Drag, drift, road course, autox, hill climb whatever.

From the get go i knew i wanted to do something different. I dont really like following the crowd and love doing custom one off stuff. I knew the 240s already had pretty good weight distribution, so i wanted to capitalize on that and make it even better. did a bunch of figuring, measuring, brainstorming and a slight bit of obsession, but i finally settled on a corvette transaxle with an ls motor. I considered other motors to run with the corvette transaxle but none of them met my goals better than the ls did.

So, picked upa local shell, and got it home. Thing was in rough shape. I knew i didnt want to buy a mint car as it will be getting cut up and everything and i wouldnt be using majority of the stock ext. panels.

This is the shape i got it home in and basically my starting base (if you want to call it that)

untitled (1 of 29) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (2 of 29) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (3 of 29) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (4 of 29) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (5 of 29) by lawrx, on Flickr

I didnt waste any time starting to gut it of virtually every part on it as evberything will be either changed or modified.

untitled (7 of 29) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (8 of 29) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (9 of 29) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (10 of 29) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (11 of 29) by lawrx, on Flickr

Once mostly gutted. I pulled the rear subframe in lieu of the transaxle currently being in route. Once out i test the the rear diff which i already had in my possession.

untitled (12 of 29) by lawrx, on Flickr

untitled (13 of 29) by lawrx, on Flickr
laextreme5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links